“Incredible Stay”

Ranked #31 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Atlanta,GA
“Incredible Stay”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Top Notch EVERYTHING! from my car service (in a beautiful Mercedes) from airport to hotel, to front desk agent greeting me at the front door with a warm smile, assistance with my luggage AND checkin "in my room" instead of at the desk, my stay only got better and better by the minute. The property is large, nice modern decor and perfectly located near Sky train, shops, restaurants etc. My room was very nice, clean, serene and spacious. Bathroom was well appointed with nice June Jacob Spa toiletries (I hated that Portico brand..eww). Every Staff member was incredibly helpful, kind and professional (I am well travelled and this Hyatt by far has the best customer service I have EVER seen). I almost felt like I had a personal butler (as whatever I needed was promptly addressed..with a smile). I ate breakfast in the Regency club. Again, nicest "continental breakfast" spread I have ever had. Everything was so tasty and fresh. They even offer a hot food item of the day with the bkfast (I ordered the Thai noodles..yum). There were at least 5-6 different types of fruit juices (mm the fresh squeezed Mango juice and the Watermelon juice was sooo good), as well as pastries (many types, fruit, cheeses, yogurts, breads, cereals etc. The lounge was nicely furnished, spacious and staff was everywhere to assist with any request. EFFICIENT! Maybe that's the word I'm looking for to describe how Staff was always "Present, Pleasant & Professional". I could go on and on about Grand Hyatt Erawan. I will say, Just GO! and experience the five star treatment for yourself. Well worth the $$ and I can't wait to visit GH Erawan and Thailand again soon. I visited end of Nov 2012

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
NLacey, Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your most generous feedback on your recent visit to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok.

The entire team are very proud that they were able to contribute positively to your stay in Thailand and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in late February 2013. Even late check in past midnite, we were treated very well. Overall I recommend this hotel from all aspects.

Location: Who complains this location? In a center of all the convenience.Shopping, dining, monorail station, etc. There are several famous hotels along river side, but location is superior them others.

Room: Well maintained and quiet. Hyatt standard. Nice comfy bed and room.

Staff: Maybe because of Thai standard, but I believe they have a great education, everyone was professional, courteous, someone was very friendly. Very pleasant encounters each time i met hotel staff.

Club lounge:This was my favorite of my stay. Staff at the lounge was the best at my memory. Great breakfast, great service. This is the best Hyatt's club lounge in my experience.

Other: Very well equipped and clean gym. nice pool with quite atomoshere even in a mid noisy center of the city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank TravelProNewYork
Ocean Pines, Maryland
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed for two nights in this hotel March 3-5, 2013. We had a very early airport arrival and arrived at the Grand Hyatt at 1:30 am. Front desk staff were expecting us and escorted us directly to our room. I have Diamond status at Hyatt and we had a nice two room suite--we thought it nice; hotel staff told us that these suites will be renovated shortly.
There is a skytrain station right at the hotel--you can get there by going through the hotel to the skywalk--using it you can travel all over the city cheaply and without getting into the heavy Bangkok traffic--e.g. we travelled 8 stops and paid 35 baht, or just over $1 US as fare.
The hotel has an outdoor pool, not too deep but very adequate for a city center location. I did not have time to try the spa but heard good reports.
Some people say they will stay somewhere again--we are staying there again tomorrow night before we leave for the airport.

Room Tip: It is very worthwhile to book a club room for all the benefits--breakfast, evening canapes and drink...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SilverSpringer
Thank you for your very kind comments on your recent stay with us.

Our Grand Club team in particular, will be most pleased to learn that you appreciated their services. We will be shortly beginning our remodelling of our Grand Club Lounge, with an expected completion date in August. In the meantime, we will be hosting our Grand Club guests in an alternative location, ensuring we provide the same high quality services our guests currently enjoy.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok in the not too distant future.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed March 6, 2013

on business for a night and was very nice hotel / shopping centre for convinece and confortable business centre.. LL also have a Nice Wine bar/ ciga room business meeting on the corner / club ( spazzo ).. there was busy by 18.00pm until late night 11pm.. high recomment to some 1 who searching for a hotel business /classy and Good service staff and a nice company beautiful girl late night hit in the club..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Gappza
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days and the hotel is amazing. It is in the centre of the shopping district and very close to all shoppping locations. The hotel rooms have got some amazing views, great service and the restaurants are top notch. I would definitely plan my stay in Bnagkok, the next time I am in Bangkok.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank SenthilManoharan
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I reserved a table for 2 people for its Sunday Brunchon 24 in Feb through e-mail.

All things including food, drinks, decoration, atmosphere and service are real good. Its location is very good as well. When you get off from BTS Chit Lom Station, you just have to take 10 mins walk to get to this hotel. Other outlets of the hotel look so grand as well. It's worth to go again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Felix C
NLacey, Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback on your Sunday Brunch experience with us here at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the the near future.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Me and my wife stayed from 3. - 6. February at the Grand Hyatt Erawan and we loved it.
Having lived in Bangkok in the past I am visting Thailand and Bangkok once a year and choose every time a different hotel.
This time we choose the Grand Hyatt Erawan and we did not regret it. The location in the center of Bangkok and the near distance to the train station and shoppping malls is very practical.
Although the hotel has been there for many years it is still in great shape and well maintained.
The welcome and checkin at the Club Level was very pleasant and handled with the traditional Thai smile and courtesy.
The pool is quite big and we spent many hours there relaxing from all the shopping and sightseeing in Bangkok.
Breakfast at the lounge was also very nice and with a great view over the city.
The staff of course are very helpfull and always very friendly and attentive.

I would stay there again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Club Level starts from the 16th floor and above
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple