7 people have started booking this hotel
Booking.com$87
Hotels.com$87
Travelocity$87
5,473 results
All reviews lower lobby central world the club lounge f b excellent hotel easy access convenient location bts station buffet breakfast spa shopping gai gh skywalk train concierge mall
Selected filters
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I've stayed here a few times now but never got around to writing a review. This time I remembered my camera and was staying in a suite so time for the review!

Likes
- Good size room and bathroom
- Excellent location right across the road from Central World
- Friendly helpful staff who can arrange booking etc
- Great quiche in the Grand Club lounge!
- A good range of restaurants on site
- Nice quiet pool area with a decent sized pool

Dislikes
- The rooms have seen better days (they're currently renovating)
- Priced at the higher end than similar alternatives
- No champagne in the Grand Club

Overall will probably stay here again and am looking forward to seeing their new rooms. The location is the real key and beats some of my other favourite Bangkok hotels (Sukhothai and Lebua) in this regard.

Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank splatnz
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have been staying at this property since about 15 years; quite regular in the first few years and now, due to different business destinations, max. 3- 4 times per year. There is no other hotel (that I know of) that is offering such consistently high standards over so many years. Although under renovation now (the 2nd time since I first stayed there), the noise and disturbance is non existent (at least not during my 2 recent stays). Staff all over, especially on the Grand Club (but really throughout the whole property), is OUTSTANDING. And the Grand Club itself: best best best executive floor world wide (staff, service, food & drink).

Any wish? No need to even ask; "they see it in your eyes" and help you before you have even expressed yourself. Also, where else do you get upgraded (paying the lowest possible internet rate) so many times like I have been... They really care about their customers!!! I lost all Goldpassprt privileges years ago "only" Gold now); but they seem to remember that I am still loyal, no matter if I stay with Hyatt hotels (and the Erawan in particular) 20 times per year, 10 times or 3 times only. They seem to always appreciate my loyalty. Early check in, late check out? Never denied. Try this at other properties...

I have seen many staff members come and go over the years, but all are always of the same high standards. And those, that I have known since 10 or more years, and even if I turn up after a 1 or 2 year absence, would always remember me by name and greet me where ever they see me.

The rooms may be older (before the current renovation) but still very good and comfortable. I am very much looking forward to my first stay after the renovation!

Thank you to all the team for such outstanding service!

Room tip: Any room in the hotel is good!
1  Thank ChrisM61
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

The entrance is magnificent.
Some problems at the reception for the check in, 15 min to have the key.
The room for sure is not at the same level of the other Grand Hyatt. Everything is old and ruined, from the furniture to the telephone. You have to "fight" to let the key open the door ( not only me, also mu friends).
Internet connection in the room is not free...unbelivable for a 5 stars.
They told me that they have already start to renew all the rooms.
Maybe once finished the works it could be at the same level of the other G.H.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Zis hotel eez a veeeeeeeeery luxuriously posh hotel. Zit's de best zat I've ever stayed. Ze breakfast spread eez certainly fit for a king weef chocolate fondue. Ze hotel haz a clever use of floor-to-ceiling mirror zat enlarges ze hotel room. Zey haf excellent service such zat when anyone eez missing, zere will be someone holding a whiteboard weef two bells attached to ze side of the whiteboard and ze name of ze missing person clearly written on zit.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The Hotel is very luxurious, and what you would expect from a 5 star Hotel
I booked a king room, no smoking. When I arrived however they were unable to supply me this room and as an alternative moved me to a room with 2 single beds on the top floor where building work is taking place
I was warned that I should expect noise from 1000 hrs – 1800hrs.As they were unable to provide me with the type of room I had booked some months prior and for the inconvenience of the noise from the building work I was offered free Wi-Fi in my room, which as everyone on the planet is aware costs nothing to the Hotel.
The room was very luxurious indeed and as good as any room I have stayed in
What soured my stay at the Hotel however was the following. I booked and paid for a 2 night stay. My flight was changed during the first day and as such I had to check out after one night. I did not ask for, or expect any refund for the second night that I had paid for in full , but when I politely suggested that they perhaps thrown in a free breakfast, some fruit and coffee I was told very clearly NO!
Considering the following –
They already have my money for the second night stay,
They were unable to supply me the type of room I had booked
There was construction noise during the day
They did not have to bear the cost of cleaning the room for the second day
They could re let the room that was paid for in full

I think throwing in a free breakfast which would have cost the Hotel “Didley squat “would have been a very reasonable gesture, but alas no, they considered this request a bridge too far

As such I cannot recommend this Hotel and I left with a very cold feeling towards the staff. There are several good 5 star Hotels in Bangkok, I will give my hard earned cash to another Hotel on my next visit.

Well done to the Hyatt for alienating a long standing client

3  Thank nigel1401