“Great place to stay”

Ranked #60 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I always enjoy staying at the Landmark, great rooms, helpful and obliging people, fantastic gym (important when travelling a lot) and a top location
A great place to have a meeting to - with wireless access an important essential

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TheLandmarkBangkok, General Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Graeme,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on this website following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you had a very enjoyable experience and it is a real pleasure to learn that you enjoyed so many facilities within the hotel, especially our guestroom and gym which is proving to be very popular with many of our guests. Thank you for highlighting our excellent location in Sukhumvit road with the connection to Nana BTS so close and convenient to travel around Bangkok.

It is also a pleasure to read such very kind comments regarding our team. Our aim is always to provide true Thai hospitality and I am delighted that they were able to display their excellent friendliness and helpfulness during your stay.

Thank you once again to selecting The Landmark for your stay in Bangkok. We will very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Douglas Glen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I came to Landmark because I wanted to detox my system and I loved that the hotel is connected to Fitness First. So I spent a week eating healthy and working out. I was fortunate to be upgraded to premier rooms on the 27th floor which gave me access to the lounge. I don't drink, but the staff were so kind that they gave me Salmon after my workouts... great protein and omega 3 oils! I was impressed with the restaurant breakfast buffet. Kai and her team are very well organised amd everyone knows their role. I watched them and it runs so smoothly. Very impressive. The omlette lady jn particular had a great smile. Very professional. The housekeeping staff were very friendly too amd always made sure my room was perfect. The front desk staff and the club lounge staff were very friendly. I net a lovely Thai-australian girl on the front desk. I run Phuket Cleanse detox retreat in Phuket and so I shared some tips for how to improve her lifestyle and how the hotel could do things to improve sleep. I want every hotel in the world to be a healthy hotel!! The only thing I would improve would be to offer unlimited free laundry for Executive and premier suites. It is a small cost but will ensure customers come back. I will definitely be back when I am next in Bangkok. I hope the hotel maintains its customer servjce levels because they are great!! Great. Regards Phil Anthony M

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
TheLandmarkBangkok, General Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Phil

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I was delighted to read that you selected The Landmark Bangkok for your week of detox and fitness.

I really was so pleased to read your feedback , especially concerning the service and care received from the team. We do believe that the details make the difference and through providing high levels of Thai hospitaility, we really can make our guests stays very memorable. It has been my pleasure to share your very kind comments with the team , as such positive feedback really does make such a difference and is very much appreciated.

We continually aim to deliver high levels of service and hospitality to all our guests and it is very kind of you to highlight Khun Tai, her team at breakfast and all the front office and housekeeping staff. Thank you.

We will very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

with best regards

bangkok
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed in the Landmark hotel for a couple of nights and I really enjoyed the new renovated rooms. The rooms are clean spacious. The check in was fast and very professional. My rate included breakfast which was great. Huge selection of international items and the coffee is freshly made by cup. The service is fast and with a great smile. They will ask you for more coffee even before you thought about it. Any questions you have with the culture or sights in Bangkok the breakfast staff will help you out. I would like to mention names but they were all great, so I am afraid to miss somebody. I joined as well the Two ocean wine tasting at the Rendezvous Lobby Bar which was great value for money. They have similar tasting every Friday and Saturday for the same price. 650++ THB including great selection of tapas. Service beautiful and very attentive. Nok and Lee the managers take great care of you with your team. I heard as well that they have a fantastic Steak House in the 31st floor. But since I don’t eat meat, I have to pass. All in all a great hotel with Management on the floor in all areas.
I love the Rendez Vous bar, at the lobby level, for their wine tasting events :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank GeeOnnut
TheLandmarkBangkok, General Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Guest

I was delighted that you had a very enjoyable experience and it is a real pleasure to learn that you enjoyed so many facilities within the hotel. Our international breakfast buffet at the Atrium restaurant is proving to be very popular with many of our guests, both resident in the hotel ,and with those living in Bangkok.

I was absolutely thrilled to read your feedback regarding ,not only the food offerings , but also the outstanding service received from our staff. We do believe that the attention to detail makes the difference, and I am delighted that you found our team to be so welcoming and hospitable. I will take great pleasure in sharing your review with all those concerned, and will extend your grateful thanks and appreciation to the Atrium Team , as well as , Khun Lee and Khun Nok at the Rendezvous Bar.

Thank you once again for your kind words. I do hope indeed that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Landmark Bangkok, perhaps to enjoy another wonderful breakfast or partake in the wine promotions at Rendezvous Bar

Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My FAV restaurant on Sukhumvit Road. I've been to Thailand & BKK 3 times in 8 months, and I've eaten in the restaurant 5 times. My Thai fiancee' orders Thai food, I got a pizza last night. I've had salads, reuben sandwich, soups, and many Thai & western dishes. MICHAEL is the best! We go to see Michael and know that the service is top notch! If I open a restaurant in BKK, I will hire Michael to run it for me. He is superb!!! Never stayed at the hotel -- just the restaurant. Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Excellent food selection.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
TheLandmarkBangkok, General Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on this website following your recent visit to The Greenhouse restaurant.

The team were delighted to read your kind comments and thank you for highlighting our food. It is so very nice to hear that you enjoyed our Western and Thai dishes. The restaurant is a long time favourite, open 24/7 in Bangkok and I was delighted that you not only enjoyed our food, but also the outstanding service received from our staff there, particularly Michael. It will be my pleasure to share your review personally with him.

The team work so hard to ensure all our guests are as comfortable as possible during their time with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and we will look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Great Hotel, but upgrade to Premier Club is far far better than Superior, as you get to use the upper floor lounge and facilities.
Views are great when there is no smog, and hotel is right next to transit station so easy travelling to china-town and central Bangkok.
The hotel breakfast is better than most, but the view is over the main road so can be busy.
If your on a budget, then consider this as a luxury upgrade.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Premier Club
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us on this website.

I was very pleased to learn that you experienced our refurbished premium club room and delighted to read that the room and facilities were to your liking.

Thank you for highlighting our excellent location on Sukhumvit road with our connection to Nana BTS station so close making it convenient to travel around Bangkok. Your kind comment regarding the breakfast buffet at Atrium is very much appreciated.

Thank you very much for selecting The Landmark for your stay in Bangkok. I was delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience in our hotel and do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have stayed at the Landmark Bangkok a few times and it has always been great. The people are very kind, polite and efficient. They have accommodated my check in and check out times, despite early and late arrival/departures. Everything has been First Class and I can favorably compare the Landmark to many other hotels I have stayed in worldwide. The Landmark is one of my favorites.

I also must say that the Restaurant RR&B is fabulous. We had some of the best steaks we've ever had. I'm from the US and have been to some good steak restaurants. Never have I had a better steak. Chef Nueng was fantastic. I met him in the elevator and he went ahead and arranged a great table for me.

Greg Goodall

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent visit to our hotel on this website.

I was very pleased to read that you had a most enjoyable experience and that the Landmark Bangkok is one of your favourite hotels. Your kind comments regarding our staff are most welcome. They do work very hard to deliver exceptional Thai hospitality through service and quality standards, and I am pleased that you experienced this from the team.

Thank you also for yoursharing your experience at the Rib Room & bar, on the 31st floor which has been recently awarded Best Steakhouse in Bangkok by Thailand Tatler. I was delighted that you, not only enjoyed our steak, but also the outstanding service received from our staff there, particularly Chef Nueng. It wwas a pleasure to share your review and thank him personally yesterday evening.

We greatly appreciate you selecting The Landmark in Bangkok and do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Dining here is always great experience both having great food like Congee and other Chinese dishes and getting superb service - warm welcome especially from Mr. Micheal who always go beyond my expectation. Thank you. It's open 24 hours, so don't miss to visit here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this feedback following your recent visit to The Greenhouse restaurant.
T
he team were delighted to read your very kind comments and really pleased to learn that you had a most enjoyable experience there. The restaurant is a long time favourite, open 24/7 in Bangkok and I was delighted that you not only enjoyed our food, but also the outstanding service received from our staff particularly Michael. It will be my pleasure to share your review personally with him.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and we will look forward to welcoming you back to The Greenhouse very soon.

with best regards