“Five star stay in the best location”
Review of Landmark Bangkok

Landmark Bangkok
Ranked #62 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Canberra, Australia
“Five star stay in the best location”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed for four nights and had a fantastic time. The Landmark's location is excellent and is a close walk to many Bangkok shopping or market areas. The Nana Skytrain station is very convenient and a quick safe walk - allowing easy and quick access to all parts of the city.

Staff were all excellent, check-in was straight forward and while I felt it was a little too long and drawn out, check-in was much simpler / shorter than many of the long wait that we seem to experience in most Thai hotels.

Despite getting a very good rate through our agent, we were delighted to be upgraded to a room on the corner of the building and offering 180 degree views of city. The room was recently refurbished, modern and well appointed. The shower was excellent, although I did have one issue was the variable hot and cold water on a couple of occasions. Sleep was top notch on a very comfortable bed. It would have been nice to have wifi included in the room rate, but for what we were paying an additional 200 baht was very reasonable.

Breakfast was the standard buffet, although the food was all high quality and regularly cooked / introduced.

Staff were brilliant and gave a level of friendly personal service that let you know you were in a five star hotel.

If I was a business traveller I would have been very pleased with the food and drink prices - they were lower than I would have expected for a hotel of the Landmark's standard. While we sampled some of the hotel food and beverages (make sure you go up to the 31st floor and see the city view from the bar up there), as a tourist there are also plenty of cheaper eats and drinks places close by.

The quality of the stay and value along with the ideal location of the Landmark on Sukhumvit Road makes it a no-brainer in choosing where we will stay next time. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheLandmarkBangkok, General Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us on this website.

First of all, I was delighted that you had a wonderful time during your stay with us. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed our excellent location in Sukhumvit which is ideal for business places and shopping in Bangkok, as well as, our spacious, comfortable guest rooms, and F&B. These are elements of our hotel that we are very proud of, and it is always such a pleasure to read our guests’ positive comments regarding these.

I was pleased that you were upgraded to our newly refurbished rooms and delighted that you enjoyed our comfortable bed, room accessories and facilities which are proving very popular with our guests.

Our aim is always to provide true Thai hospitality and I am pleased that the team were able to display their excellent friendliness and helpfulness during your stay.

Thank you once again for making The Landmark as your choice in Bangkok. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel for your future visits in Bangkok.

With kind regards

Douglas Glen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Scottsdale
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The Landmark Hotel offers great service and the restaurants in hotel were very good. It is located near shopping areas and near medical clinic for convenience (if unfortunately one is needed). There are many restaurants in the area also.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TheLandmarkBangkok, General Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for highlighting the excellent service and great location which you enjoyed during your stay with us. We endeavour to ensure that all our guests stays are indeed memorable and I was very pleased to read that this was delivered by the team.

Thank you for selecting The Landmark Bangkok for you stay and I do hope it will not be too long before we may welcome you back to the Land of the Smiles

London
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Having only stayed at the Landmark for about 16 hours I can only give a brief review. Our party consisted of four and our booking was for two rooms. We were lucky enough to receive an upgrade our particular room was located on the 28th floor and as it was on the corner we had two windows from which to view the mad architecture, but the impressive skyline of Bangkok.

The room was quite sumptuous and the pillows on the bed were as light as can be perfect for a great sleep. As other reviewers have said it's location is perfect for the skyline train, nightlife and little eateries. We did have the breakfast which as you would expect for a quality hotel was quite splendid. We are certain that in the not too distant future we will return for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Corner rooms give a great view of the city,.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

It was very kind of you to submit your review following your short stay with us , and I was delighted you enjoyed the varied views of The Bangkok skyline from the 28th floor.

Thank you for highlighting our location, which is something we are all very proud of , as it provides such easy access to move around the city and also for a quick car transfer to and from the airport .

I will be only too pleased to assist with any future reservations and please do not hesitate to contact me at hm@landmarkbangkok.com to assist you

With many thanks again for selecting The Landmark for your stay in Bangkok

kind regards

Romagne, France
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This has been our fourth stay at The Landmark. It's location on the vibrant Sukhumvit Rd gives the guest an instant "hit" of busy Bangkok life, especially on the terrace yet, inside, the hotel exudes quiet calm. We would recommend it very strongly indeed.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind recommendation following your recent stay with us. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed the atmosphere created both at The Terrace and within the hotel.

Our unrivaled location on Sukhumvit Road is popular with many guests, providing easy access to the Bangkok transport system for shopping , sighteesing activities and ease of travel throughout the City.

Thank you for selecting The Landmark in Bangkok and it will be our pleaseure to welcome you back again very soon

General manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The Landmark could not be better located, it is convenient for shops, entertainment and the BTS which will take you to wherever you want to go easily and cheaply. Very comfortable rooms and friendly helpful staff. Well worth a visit to stay of for good food for every style and taste.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can to enjoy great city views
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Many thanks for sharing your feedback with us on this website following your recent stay.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed our ideal location on Sukhumvit Road and that our team were able to display their friendliness and helpfulness during your stay

We endeavour to ensure that all our guests experiences are as comfortable and memorable as possible, Thank you fo selecting The Landmark Bangkok and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We visited the Landmark Hotel at the end of our honeymoon we stayed here for two nights! The hotel staff were very nice we got upgraded to a beautiful suite on the 19th floor! The hotel is in the middle of everything a short walk to the skyline train, bar and nightlife!However my husband book me in to have a Lomi Lomi 90mins Massage at the Spa! My appointment was made for 11am I went to the spa 10mins before my treatment commenced to fill out a consultation card I was greeted with a lady straight away asking me to sign for my bill I still had not receive my treatment and plus my husband booked my treatment as a surprise I refused to sign it until the end of my treatment, I was greeted by my therapist at 11:15 my treatment was suppose to start at 11! The therapist brought me into the treatment room may I add the room was like a fridge the aircon was on full blast! My therapist left me to get undressed I did what I had to do! She comes back into the room 5minutes after she then scrubbed my feet with a foot scrub which was lovely she asked me what pressure I wanted so I said medium to strong! Then she asks me to get myself up on to the bed I removed my watch the time was 11:30 my therapist started my treatment she asked me if the pressure was ok I said to go a little harder as I have a lot of knots! I could sense that she was annoyed at this point as she was digging deep as if to hurt me little did she know I found it quite enjoyable as I am a spa therapist myself!
Next thing she tells me my treatment was over I looked at my watch and it was 12:30 we had paid for a 90min Lomi Lomi massage I only got 60mins! I told my therapist this and she started to argue with me I explained to her that she didn't start the treatment until 25 past she was annoyed and told me she started my treatment at 11! I then said to her to spend the next 30mins on my back she was so frustrated that I had confronted her she started to really dig her elbows into my back! Treatment finished she left the room told me to get dress and come outside! My husband was there to greet me I explained to him what had happened, the spa reception team did not want to take on board my feedback handed my husband the bill of 3000baht including service charge! What a joke! I had massage on the beach in Koh Samui for 300baht and it was 100% better than the experience at the landmark Spa Hotel! The spa team are very rude and so unprofessional! I would recommend you go to Siam mall were you will get an unbelievable massage for 1000baht for 120mins

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MrsDevlin
TheLandmarkBangkok, General Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on this website.

Firstly may I extend our sincere apologies once again regarding this incident. We have this recorded with our duty manager where you expressed your concern during your stay and that some action was taken by the Spa operator, Ispa, at the time.

Clearly this incident was a disappointment and you were let down by our spa operator and their team. I have personally asked the owner and managing director of the Ispa company to be in touch with you immediatley as a further measure of the concern that we have for this matter.

I am truly sorry that you were inconvencienced particlarly when you had enjoyed the hotel so much during your stay and within the comfort of one of our suites.

The matter had clearly highlighted areas of improvement within the Spa and I know that corrective action and re training took place as a result ,to ensure that the correct standards were delivered for the future in order that this situation would not arise again.

I will be only too pleased to assist further and please do not hesitate to contact me at hm@landmarkbangkok.com

Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2014

stayed 4 nights at the landmark...one was most impressed...got a free upgrade on room...hotel reception staff...so charming...I didn't have the breakfast...but used the many add ons to the hotel..outside terrace..and the british themed pub..which was in my eyes...fantastic...live band were very good...food excellent...didn't use swimming pool...but looked fine..the landmark is a 5 star hotel...will visit again.......thank you...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

2 Thank stevie006
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on this website, following your recent stay.

I was delighted to read that our team were able to upgrade your room to the next category and that our staff were able to display their excellent friendliness and helpfulness during your stay.

It was very pleasing that our restaurants have met your expectation particularly The Terrace and The Huntsman Pub. Thank you for highlighting the music at Huntsman Pub from Sweet Inspiration band, this band has proven to be very popular to both Expat and Thai communities as well as our in house guests. Many thanks for utilising our food and beverage outlets and we are delighted you enjoyed these experiences.

Thank you for selecting The Landmark for your stay in Bangkok, we greatly apprecite your support and do look forward to welcoming you back in the very future.

With kind regards