“Excellent city stay”

Ranked #62 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Totnes, Devon
“Excellent city stay”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in mid August and on arrival our check-in was dealt with very efficiently by an excellent receptionist Ping, who spoke good English. The hotel was very busy and out of necessity, we were up-graded to a room on the 27th floor. This was very stylishly presented and of course had an impressive view of Bangkok. The bathroom was large with separate bath and stand alone shower. We particularly enjoyed the facilities in the room, especially the coffee machine, with a range of coffees to try.

The whole hotel was very stylish and all the staff were very helpful, efficient and welcoming. We were particularly impressed by Mam and Tony who gave service with a smile at breakfast. There was a vast range of choice at breakfast and the fresh fruit and yogurts together with bread & butter pudding were our particular favourites. We would recommend going to breakfast quite early as the restaurant became very busy with large families later on.

The pool facilities were good and relatively quiet, so we enjoyed some relaxing time there. We didn't use the restaurants for supper because there are so many excellent ones close to the hotel. We enjoyed trying the nearby Beirut (Lebanese) and Doza King (Indian Vegetarian) restaurants which gave good value. The hotel is well located for the Skytrain and the Metro, so getting around the city was relatively easy.

We will definitely return to the Landmark Hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Over six years, my wife and I have stayed here four times. We have tried many different places, in many different locations across the city, but ultimately keep on coming back. Why?

Well, the service, attention to detail and range of facilities are excellent. I chose a club room this time because they allowed a late check out until 4.30 p.m. (as we had a night flight home). This was extremely civilised, and even after checking out they still said we could use the club facilities. The Executive Club, on the top floor (31st) has a cocktail/drinks/snacks soiree from 5.30-7.30 p.m and this too was very impressively managed, with free flow drinks and a high quality range of snacks/light dishes/desserts. (It would be easy to spoil your dinner!)

Don't miss the Rib Room on the 31st floor (as the wagyu beef is something you will be talking about for years to come) and check out the Huntsman Pub for decent happy hour deals and good music (Tuesdays was ladies' night and they got the first drink free, they had all you can drink evenings etc... but Buy One Get One Free drinks were 3 p.m-9 p.m. anyway). Breakfasts in the Atrium Restaurant also manage to balance quality, with providing an array of breakfast styles for the myriad of guests staying at the hotel.

My only reservation would be that the Sukhumvit area does have a couple of areas of girly bars/discos and, whenever we have stayed at the hotel, my wife has been uncomfortable with older western guys bringing back young Thai girls to the bar/seeing them at breakfast etc... but it is the case that this is a side to several areas of Bangkok, which you have to tolerate, or go to Banglamphu (a decompression chamber for backpackers) where we sometimes stay.

Room Tip: Club Rooms gain access to the excellent Executive Lounge (drinks/snacks/late check out/dry cleaning...
Nuremberg, Germany
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Had a conference in the hotel and also a room. Stayed just one night but service and food was great. The restaurant at the ground floor had everything you were asking for - for breakfast or lunch. Dinner we had in the executive lounge and it was a great experience. Also a nice view from the executive lounge :-)! Overall a great stay.

BROMLEY
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have enjoyed two further stays in the Landmark Hotel recently.
Treated ourselves to the Club Floor on our return visit.
Rooms are excellent and the Service is very good. The Hotel however is a little pricey - Avoid if on a budget.
There are probably other excellent Hotels in the vicinity , but they do not have the very excellent Huntsman Pub in their Basements !
We will certainly return.

Room Tip: Avoid a lower Floor Sukhumvit Road facing Room.
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Have been staying here now on business for about 8 years and have always previously experienced ed wonderful service. However, not sure what's happened now. I booked online and I noted that the reservation showed the prices, but didn't show the room type. I believe I booked a premium Club room but was given a standard Club room. I've been upgraded to better rooms inI the past, having booked a standard room. As a business traveller it's nice to have the opportunity to take a bath and relax - no bath. Poorly lit bathroom and bedroom - struggled to see sufficiently to put on my make up! Check-in was laborious and long - despite confirming with the hotel that I would be checking in early.

A very loud obnoxious family in a room close by were very annoying and when I rang to complain I was told this would be resolved. Five minutes later, I got a call asking what exactly the problem with my toilet was!

The former accommodating female staff at breakfast have been replaced with sullen men - I got a dirty look and a huff when asking for a pot of tea, rather than ready made lukewarm cup from a flask.

I think the hotel needs to remember its regular guests rather than concentrating only on new ones. To be honest based on this experience, I'll probably look for an alternative.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TheLandmarkBangkok, Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on this site , following your recent stay with us.

Please allow me first and foremost , to offer my apologies for the inconvenience caused. We take great pride in offering our guests the highest levels of service and product and I am sorry we failed to meet all of your expectations on this occasion.

I am sorry for the inappropriate handling of the noise complaint, we should have dealt with this much better and the attitude of our staff at breakfast should clearly have been more professional. Your comments have been highlighted and I have notified our managers who will reinforce the training of our team members.

Furthermore, I do apologise about the dissatisfaction of your room and its facilities. We should have ascertained your comfort and satisfaction during your stay and arranged an alternative room. Following recent refurbishment, we have a number of bedrooms that are fitted without a bath to provide a better a shower experience , following guest feedback, however upon arrival a choice of preference should have been offered.

We strive to ensure complete guest satisfaction at all times, in order to make every stay memorable and I apologise that we did not achieve that on this occasion.

I would welcome the opportunity to welcome you back, please do contact me directly beforehand and I will personally ensure that your next experience with us is seamless. I can be contacted at hm@landmarkbangkok.com

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain
Reviewed August 19, 2013

As is quite common in Bangkok this is alos excellent. rooms nice and clean. Service excellent. It has awesome restaurants. The location is fantastic. And price quite reasonable. I have stayed there at least once every year for the past 6 years and love it.

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us on this website.

I was delighted to read that you found our service to be excellent and that you enjoyed our variety of restaurants available in the hotel , together with our ideal location.

Many thanks for being such a loyal guest to the Landmark Bangkok and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at the hotel at the beginning of the year and I have to say I’m actually excited about visiting it again in a few weeks’ time. I travel all over and stay in some amazing places, but for me the hotel is something special. The staff are great and were willing to have a laugh with you. The breakfast is world class and for me the fitness first gym is an added bonus. Back in the UK I train every day so to find a hotel that is already amazing with the added advantage of have a really well equipped gym is fantastic.
Counting down the days to staying there again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Michael R
Dear Guest

Thank you for leaving your review on this website following your recent visit this year.

I was delighted to read your positive comments about our hotel, in particular the memorable moments created by the staff. It will be my pleasure to pass your kind words on to them, and I am sure they will be thrilled to hear them. It is always a joy for our team and for me to read such wonderful comments about our hotel and the service we provide to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Landmark Bangkok very shortly, and please do let me know yur expected arrival date in order we may welcome you back with our Thai hospitality and the fitness gym is ready and waiting for you !