“Hotel Landmark Bangkok”

Ranked #59 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Hotel Landmark Bangkok”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel is situated very near to 2 train stations thereby making travel by train to other places cheap and fast- considering the notorious Bangkok traffic. Also located on Sukhumvit which is the hotspot for many restaurants and night life.
However, hotel has an insipid lobby and does not have the life and character seen in many other reputed properties in Bangkok. Though the room was good and well furnished with ample space to move around- it still does not match with competing chains and other properties where room size are much bigger (at similar tariff), offer wider spread at breakfast and exude life with events in lobby and other guest areas. Though the staff were professional in approach and very helpful, I still could feel the buzz and excitement missing that is there in many Bangkok hotels.

Room Tip: The hotel offers one drink coupon free- so do not forget to ask for it if not offered.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is becoming my favourite hotel in Bangkok. Yes, it is not the cheapest near Sukhumvit, but it is still good value for the money. Quiet, good rooms, good restaurants and bars, nice big swimmingpool and in the perfect location at Sukhumvit

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Landmark is not the newest hotel, and the lobby with its wide open space but not enough seating possibilities, no lounge, I did not really like.
The rooms are ok and have probably been refurbished over time, but not very spacious, at least mine was a bit small.
Several restaurants, however not top quality when it comes to food and honestly I was a bit disappointed.
Service was overall quite good, however not impeccable. Very good is the location right on Sukhumvit Road, and a few steps to the the BTS station Nana.
Quite active and a bit noisy environment, and what I disliked is the WLAN Hot-Spots did not work properly, and the connection was often slow.
Would probably choose another hotel next time in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Rooms off Sukhumvit Road are probably more quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
TheLandmarkBangkok, Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.
Your comment is very much appreciated and we will continue to improve our services to meet all your needs.

In addition, The Landmark Bangkok operates an active Facebook Fan page, where we share promotions, comments, photos and information about the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Landmark Bangkok soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Marketing Team
Nova Lima
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My experience at the Landmark was one to forget: hotel is a bit worn out, all rooms have (dirty) carpet (if you're allergic, don't even get close), it took them 2 hours to check me in (they told me they had a "little" problem with the cleaning of the rooms), bathroom was disgusting and they sold me a half day tour that never happened. The location is a good one, very close to the subway line, but be prepared for an area with prostitutes, ladyboys, smugglers and drugdealers. I bought a half day trip in the morning (as my time in Bangkok was a very short one) at the hotel agency and woke up at 7am the next morning to wait for the pickup. At the lobby, i was told they had a time "change" and the new pickup time would be t 7:50 am. The guide arrived a little bit after 7:50 (ok, Bangkok traffic is a mess) and went to another hotel to pickup two more couples. After waiting in the car for 40 minutes more, the guide came back with only one couple and said the others didn't show up and he would leave them behind. 30 minutes more and we arrived at the Pier. When we were getting ready to get on the boat, the guide got a call from his boss and changed his mind. He told us we would have to wait for an hour because he received orders to wait for a very "powerful" man. We told him we wouldn't and he said we could leave. After some harsh dialogues, he gave us a few baths for a cab. Got the money and arrived at the hotel at the time they promised me the tour would be over. Talk to the Duty Manager at the hotel and SHE DID NOTHING ON HER GUEST'S BEHALF. She said the hotel was not liable and she would have to wait for an investigation. I got an email from the other couple that also refused the trour and they found out that the guide's decision was also motivated by some pressure put on him (and his company) from the manager of the other guests' hotel. The result? This hotel messed up with my trip and short time available for sightseeing (which i wasn't able to do). Think twice! They don't care!

7 Thank RCDAN
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Im a very frequent user of restaurant facilities. The food is very good using first grade ingredients with good taste. With the Club Landmark card the experience becomes s daily affordable occurence. The service is friendly and professional, especially from the older staff.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank leoemdal
TheLandmarkBangkok, Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and staff of The Landmark Bangkok, I would like to express our appreciation for the positive feedback following your recent visit us.

On reading your comments about Club Landmark card, quality food and warm service of the hotel, I am delighted that you have enjoyed your time at The Landmark Bangkok. We deeply value a great service to guests and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our guests deserve the very best.

In addition, The Landmark Bangkok operates an active Facebook Fan page where we share promotions, comments, photos and information about the hotel directly to guests.

We look forward to your continuous patronage and to welcoming you back to The Landmark Bangkok soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Marketing Team
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed February 9, 2013

it was my first time visiting Bangkok but unfortunately, it was a short trip as i went there for business meeting. The hotel was recommended by a colleague who is working in Thailand. First tips: do not take taxi to go to this hotel during peak hours, from our office to the hotel which only supposed to take 10 minutes ride, it turned out to be 1.5 hours stuck in the massive traffic jam in Bangkok. I was only able to check in at 7.30pm.

Nothing much about the hotel as I didnt have time to enjoy the view, late checked in but already checked out at 6 am.

but anyway, for those who wanted to find Muslim food, Nana street is just opposite the hotel and there are rows of few Arabic / Muslims restaurants.. noted from my friend that this is the only street that offers varieties of Halal food in Bangkok.

another plus point is, the hotel is located next to skytrain.. i managed to jump into the train to enjoy Bangkok city at night.

oh yes, i didnt have my breakfast as I was running out of time.

everything was just fine, except the deluxe room with the king size bed that i have booked earlier, were all occupied.. but i didnt make a big fuss about it since i will be just less than 10 hours in the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Landmark many times and have noticed it going downhill over the past several months. On my last stay I decided to never stay there again due to many issues and an overwhelming change in attitude from the staff aimed at making money.

On checking in I was advised that breakfast and internet were not included in my rate. I had usually stayed at the hotel for one week every month when traveling for business and our company has a confirmed corporate schedule with them so this had never been an issue. Despite me showing them the schedule they would not move. I even contacted our travel department and they confirmed the schedule was current.

The two times during my last visit when I had breakfast I was treated like a thief and was almost tackled when leaving the room to ensure I signed the receipt. This was done in front of many hotel guests and was very embarrassing.

The hotel allows prostitutes to solicit in their restaurants, particularly the outdoor cafe/drinks area. Every evening the same girls are there and the staff appear to be very much in on the action as I watched money changing hands on several occasions. Whilst prostitution is everywhere in Bangkok you don't expect or want it in front of you when you are staying at a hotel, particularly when traveling with your family as I was on this occasion.

Overall the Landmark is now tacky and run with an attitude of extortion. On checking out, I explained my dissatisfaction and they were not interested. I reminded them I usually stayed there one week every month and now I wouldn't and in addition I would advise my work team to not stay there anymore, roughly around 6 people who would stay there 3-5 days every month. Again, not interested and pay up. Interestingly, during the time I was there I observed many people complaining about similar issues to the desk staff.

There are so many better choices in Bangkok and they are often the same price or cheaper. The food and beverage prices are high at the Landmark so you will do much better to consider other options.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business