“Frequent Club Landmark user”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Landmark Bangkok

Landmark Bangkok
Ranked #59 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
“Frequent Club Landmark user”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Im a very frequent user of restaurant facilities. The food is very good using first grade ingredients with good taste. With the Club Landmark card the experience becomes s daily affordable occurence. The service is friendly and professional, especially from the older staff.

• Stayed February 2013
TheLandmarkBangkok, Manager at Landmark Bangkok, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and staff of The Landmark Bangkok, I would like to express our appreciation for the positive feedback following your recent visit us.

On reading your comments about Club Landmark card, quality food and warm service of the hotel, I am delighted that you have enjoyed your time at The Landmark Bangkok. We deeply value a great service to guests and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our guests deserve the very best.

In addition, The Landmark Bangkok operates an active Facebook Fan page where we share promotions, comments, photos and information about the hotel directly to guests.

We look forward to your continuous patronage and to welcoming you back to The Landmark Bangkok soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Marketing Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

it was my first time visiting Bangkok but unfortunately, it was a short trip as i went there for business meeting. The hotel was recommended by a colleague who is working in Thailand. First tips: do not take taxi to go to this hotel during peak hours, from our office to the hotel which only supposed to take 10 minutes ride, it turned out to be 1.5 hours stuck in the massive traffic jam in Bangkok. I was only able to check in at 7.30pm.

Nothing much about the hotel as I didnt have time to enjoy the view, late checked in but already checked out at 6 am.

but anyway, for those who wanted to find Muslim food, Nana street is just opposite the hotel and there are rows of few Arabic / Muslims restaurants.. noted from my friend that this is the only street that offers varieties of Halal food in Bangkok.

another plus point is, the hotel is located next to skytrain.. i managed to jump into the train to enjoy Bangkok city at night.

oh yes, i didnt have my breakfast as I was running out of time.

everything was just fine, except the deluxe room with the king size bed that i have booked earlier, were all occupied.. but i didnt make a big fuss about it since i will be just less than 10 hours in the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Landmark many times and have noticed it going downhill over the past several months. On my last stay I decided to never stay there again due to many issues and an overwhelming change in attitude from the staff aimed at making money.

On checking in I was advised that breakfast and internet were not included in my rate. I had usually stayed at the hotel for one week every month when traveling for business and our company has a confirmed corporate schedule with them so this had never been an issue. Despite me showing them the schedule they would not move. I even contacted our travel department and they confirmed the schedule was current.

The two times during my last visit when I had breakfast I was treated like a thief and was almost tackled when leaving the room to ensure I signed the receipt. This was done in front of many hotel guests and was very embarrassing.

The hotel allows prostitutes to solicit in their restaurants, particularly the outdoor cafe/drinks area. Every evening the same girls are there and the staff appear to be very much in on the action as I watched money changing hands on several occasions. Whilst prostitution is everywhere in Bangkok you don't expect or want it in front of you when you are staying at a hotel, particularly when traveling with your family as I was on this occasion.

Overall the Landmark is now tacky and run with an attitude of extortion. On checking out, I explained my dissatisfaction and they were not interested. I reminded them I usually stayed there one week every month and now I wouldn't and in addition I would advise my work team to not stay there anymore, roughly around 6 people who would stay there 3-5 days every month. Again, not interested and pay up. Interestingly, during the time I was there I observed many people complaining about similar issues to the desk staff.

There are so many better choices in Bangkok and they are often the same price or cheaper. The food and beverage prices are high at the Landmark so you will do much better to consider other options.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wingz64
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is a great hotel a true 5star it was very clean and friendly in a good area, would recommend for any one to go there, a holiday to remember ...........................................................

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Wonderful room, with windows on both sides giving a great vista. Very friendly staff

Small niggles:

'sundeck' has no chairs or loungers
'travel desk' has some dire trite offerings, that are all about selling tourist tatt
watch out for getting propositioned in the elevator!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Perfect location, central and close to all you need for the perfect stay in Bangkok. The Landmark is a really great hotel with modern clean furnishings.

Access to a odern Fitness First gym.
Fast internet Access.

The Club Floor is great for Business travelers. The Rib Room is a great restaurant.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the Landmark for two nights in December 2012 before heading to the beaches. We could not find a single fault with the hotel. We arrived quite early in the morning expecting to have to leave our bags and go back later to check in but were delighted to find that we could check into our room almost immediately. This allowed us time to go and freshen up before starting our sightseeing of the city. The staff were outstanding, the room was spacious, spotlessly clean and comfortable. The location was perfect for us right beside the Skytrain, all in all a great stay and we will definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple