“Great hotel Pool cold”
Review of Landmark Bangkok

Landmark Bangkok
Ranked #61 of 881 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel over 20 times now since 1997. My last stay was for a couple of nights in January 2012. I stopped in a club room on the 26th floor recently upgraded which was great. The hotel has been gradually upgraded over the las few years from what I have seen. Great staff and food options. Breakfast great and club lounge excellent if your there and need to do or keep in touch with work. Staff always friendly.
I am concerned that my last few visits the swimming pool is consistently cold. It really needs heating. This is a problem with pools in Thailand in general. The hotels need to wake upto the fact that this is not acceptable surely the way people use the beds around pools staring at the water must make hotels wonder why no one is in the water! I understand it might not be cheap to heat the water but there are other ways. Solar / heat pumps etc.........

Room Tip: Get a high club floor if you can afford
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Landmark Bangkok

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent 4 nights at The Landmark Hotel in early January and I must say our experience was very positive for the hotel itself. We arrived after a long
day travelling only to be told our room was not ready, but after some complaining they managed to find us a fantastic corner room which was very large. We were delighted. The hotel is on the Sukhumvit Road which was great with lots of bars nearby and the BTS only a 2 min walk away. The free wifi at the hotel was such a bonus too. The breakfast in The Atrium was delicious and the service excellent. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about The Terrace Bar which was vastly overpriced with very poor service. It wasn't a problem for us, we just went elsewhere. We would use this hotel again and would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Landmark in August 2012 on arrival at the hotel we were not told that the Swimming pool was closed, after a long flight from London my girls were looking forward to a nice swim only to find out it was closed, it was not only closed that day but for three days we stayed at the Landmark, everytime we went to reception they didn't know why and how long for. If only we had know this before we would'nt of stayed at the Landmark the reason for booking this hotel was it had a swimming pool. This spoilt the first part of our holiday.

We booked and went to the Rib Room and the food and service was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The room was very nice, especially the view over Bangkok. It felt like a real business hotel very impersonal. Air con was either to strong or not enough eventhough it was controlled electronically. The club lounge was freezing and I didn't understand why we had to check in and out in the club lounge but they did not do a concierge service there.

Room Tip: cgot updrade from club room as the room wasn't ready. The executive room was very well appointed...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Very nice hotel with all amenities you expect from a five star. Rooms are a bit old and some of them need refurbishment (saw a couple since I had to switch room). When I came I had a reservation for a king size bed room, but they told me they were out of king size beds (non-smoking). Agreed to a twin bed room but when I saw the room I refused as the bed's were really small! Only thing left was a smoking room with king size bed, I took it since the smell was not to bad. After all it settled out ok. Fantastic breakfast buffet with good selection. Location is good for nightlife but not for much more. Was ok for me since I just had a one day one night transit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here for 4 night, celebrating new year eve 2013. Staffs were absolutely friendly, room was great, spaces, clean and nice bathtub, grand lobby area. Concierge named Ole was very helpful, provided useful, relevant traveling tips, tip top information comparative with google! Convenient foods stall and restaurant nearby, massage around is cheaper than other region, walking distance or 1 BTS station away from Terminal 21 mall, 4 station away of BTS train from Siam Paragon (within 15mins). Nearby train station called nana (5mins walk). Beers around everywhere, but more for men, as all the ladyboys are active at night along the streets.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Had a very comfortable stay at the Landmark Hotel in Bangkok. It was very enjoyable. Their culture and way of doings things is very different but very interesting. Visited the City at night and
Enjoyed its nightly culture of open ness and free to nature. Enjoyed their massage. We also enjoyed very good sea food.

Room Tip: Most rooms are equally good
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business