“Great hotel with a great location”

The Westin Grande Sukhumvit
Ranked #66 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Arlington, Texas
“Great hotel with a great location”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This property has one of the best locations in Bangkok. The hotel is about 3 steps from the BTS Asok Station, as well as a short walk to the Metro. This was my third stay at the Westin Grande Sukhumvit, and the staff did not fail to impress...again. The staff in the Executive Lounge are among the best in the business. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
WestinBangkok, Director of Sales & Marketing at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear BravoSix8,

It's always nice to hear from one of our repeat guests and to know hat the Executive Club team have taken good care of you. We all look forward to your next visit.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were very happy with this hotel.

Room was great, good amenities, separate shower and tub.
English movie channels.

...a little wear, but we didnt mind, the little touches made up for it.

The reception was very helpful in answering all our questions and helping us find stuff.

The hotel is right near all the raucus of Sukhumvit, short taxi ride to all the party spots...
...yet the hotel comes off as very professional.

It was our peaceful haven above the madness of Bangkok.

Restaurant was good, Sunday brunch had lots of different food and was packed with people, entertainers and everything.

Having to take two elevators to get to the room is a little annoying, but no big deal.

We are going back there before we fly out.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear WilliamElliot,

It's lovely to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we really appreciate you sharing your experience. Many thanks and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Miri, Malaysia
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Westin Grande lives up to its name for a 5 star hotel starting right off from the concierge to the check in staffs. There were some problems with our bookings but the counter staffs were polite and very patient in dealing with our frustrations. Once they sorted out our issues, we head on to my room and quite impressed by the facilities. The only thing lacking is the in-room wifi which isnt strong enough and I had to go down to the lobby just to online. The variety of its breakfast is quite commendable too, covering Asian and Western palettes.

Being located in the busy streets of Bangkok, you can be sure to find assorted amusements. Just right in front of the hotel is Terminal 21 shopping mall with its uniquely themed floor. It's also near the MRT so travelling can be quite convenient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Justin C,

Many thanks for your feedback and for letting us know that you enjoyed your overall stay. I'm really sorry you had challenges with the wifi signal strength - we are currently working on improving it throughout the hotel and I'm sure you will notice a difference next time you visit. Until then, safe travels.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great location, and very little not to like. Room was a good size, pleasant upgrade, pool was large enough and green enough to enjoy. Limited choice of snacks in the exec lounge but a nice, friendly team working up there. Spoiled by the bellboys not being able to find a taxi to take 2 suitcases, so ended up taking 2 taxis. duh!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinBangkok, Director of Sales & Marketing at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear HighExpectationsGuy,

It's really nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Safe travels until your next visit.

Trixie Scully, Director of Sales & Marketing
United States
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The greeting staff was friendly and eager to please. I had a special request, which they fulfilled both competently and with pleasure. On my day of checkout, I had scheduled medical appointments ending at 4pm. With a flight check-in of 5:00, there wasn't time enough to get back to the hotel and out to the airport. To my great satisfaction, the front desk, bellman and limo desk all cooperated to make it work for me. I checked my bags in with the bellman for the day. Then, at 4pm, the limo was waiting for me at the hospital, with my luggage. I was actually early for my flight. Thank you Westin staff!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ben C.

Many thanks for sharing your Westin Grande Sukhumvit experience and I'm glad we were able to help get you to the airport in time. Hope to see you again soon.

Trixie Scully, Director of Sales & Marketing
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed here for 3 days for our company conference. It was held in one of their meeting rooms. The experience was ok. Staffs were nice except for one. I'm not sure if he's the manager or what. Lunch time, we will be eating at the Taste restaurant, we have designated seats for our group but i did not seat there cos i want to eat alone. So, i chose the table with two seater. I saw him near his station and he was like making hand signals. He was saying something in Thai. I did not understand. He was like saying don't seat there. I'm so socked with his attitude.I'm so disappointed that instead of approaching me and talk to me in a nice way that i have to seat on our designated seat. i feel like i'm a beggar. that's the first encounter. second was, i was about to eat my breakfast. before i go to the food station i have already told one of their staff my room number cos it's mandatory before u can seat. I am about to eat when i saw him again looking at me as if i'm doing something or what. i don't understand the way he look at me. If i have to read my mind it seems like he's saying "You again?". He approached me this time but instead of greeting me and smile, he did not. He asked me "What's your room number?". After i told him he just walk away without saying anything or something like "thank you mam". He's rude! thank god it was my last day. i don't think i can last for another day because of that experience.

Hope he could check his attitude cos that's a bad customer service!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Cecilia Q
WestinBangkok, Director, Food and Beverage at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Ms. Cecilia,

Thank you for your comments. I was very surprised to learn that you have experienced such a shortfall in service and have immediately shared your feedback with our team as this is certainly not our standard.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the near future and once again thank you for your comments.

Alexander Dietzsch
Director, Food and Beverage
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel about 4 times now but the last vist was about 3 years ago on our way home to Australia , the hotel is certainly looking tired and it has lost the attention to detail I always remember it having .
The rooms are tired looking and the staff are certainly not as attentive as they use to be.
I also noticed how much more expensive the bar was now days jsut for a coffee it was nearly twice as much as it was to have one in the mall outside .
The internet is expensive as well .
I think its time to find a new hotel to venture to on our next vist to Bangkok.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinBangkok, Director of Sales & Marketing at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Jax K.

I'm so sorry you had a disappointing stay. We are currently working on improving our facilities and have already completed the pool area, two floors of Premium guest rooms and our two restaurants. Hopefully you will notice the improvements next time you visit Bangkok.

Kind regards,