“Its ok but a lot more options available in the area for a lot more bang for your buck!”

The Westin Grande Sukhumvit
Ranked #76 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I checked into the hotel for 6 nights. Service was great as you would expect from a hotel like this. We were upgraded to a better room at check-in as it was a corporate rate and company paid trip. We went into the room and the size and decor of the room looked totally standard. I am not sure what would have been if we were not upgraded. There is nothing more that can be achieved by the management from customer service to the facade of the building. They offer what a Westin can offer at that location.
On the other hand when your location is surrounded by places that are in the same area with less congested lobbies and more boutique experience for half the price tag then its hard to compete. We checked out the next morning and checked into a place where we just walked and rolled our luggage close by for a far better customized experience for half the price tag.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
WestinBangkok, General Manager at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear workout228,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share details with us and others, of your recent stay. I am very pleased you enjoyed your overall experience along with the level of customer service that we offer. We do understand that there are many different standards and styles of accommodation and we realise there are varying fits for people at times. After saying this, I'm pleased your first night with us was enjoyable. Thank you for the feedback.

Charles Jack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed at the Westin Grande in Bangkok while visiting Thailand for a few days.
The location is great as a base for day trips in and around Bangkok. Decent amenities and a great, friendly yet professional staff. Breakfast buffet was excellent and dinner choices were also good at the restaurant.
Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
WestinBangkok, General Manager at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Rich R,

Thank you for taking the time to share. I am delighted you found the location of the Hotel very convenient, as well as the product and services that we offer. Thank you very much for staying with us.

Kind regards,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. Location of this hotel is amazing as Asoke BTS station is right outside. Restaurants at walkable distances, excellent breakfast and fantastic ambience. Only worry is that you have to take 2 separate lifts. 1st to reach hotel lobby and 2nd to reach to your room.This is because of the Terminal 21 mall right below the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sanjaypkothari,

I am delighted you found the location of the Hotel amazing and so convenient to everything around. It's great too you enjoyed the breakfast experience here. Thank you for sharing with us and others.

Phuket Town, Thailand
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed at Club Floor room and ovrall experience not bad. Hotel showing its age though and is in need of a major renovation and overhaul. Many newer and better equipped alternatives nearby (like Sofitel Sukhumvit next door), so we will probably not be staying there again

Room Tip: Away from Sukhumvit Road
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank phuketpedro
Dear phuketpedro,

Thank you for sharing with us and thank you also for staying with us recently. We are always striving to achive the best possible product and service, and I am sorry that the product side appears to have disappointed you during your stay. When in Bangkok again, we do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in an effort to restore some confidence, as we are always making changes to improve what we offer.

Kind regards,
Macau, China
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I love the location and the consistance Westin Services of the hotel, that why I chose it again visiting Bangkok after my last vist which was staying at this one. I am sure I will choose this one again in my next visit to Bangkok.
Breakfast is Great, as well as the lobby bar with live band at night. Then the Japanese Restaurant upstairs is another surprise. I guess I would stay in this hotel for F&B without going out to try others since I have been to Bangkok many times.

I have to say, I love Westin Bed and pillow. they are amazing!

Room Tip: Book it via Starwood
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jasa-mayberry,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and others. It's great you had a most enjoyable experience across all facets of your stay. I'm delighted you will choose us again, and we do look forward to seeing you here when the opportunity arises.

Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I find it hard to suggest anything negative about the westin. We stayed in a club room on the 23rd floor and loved it. The executive lounge provides masses of great food all day long and drinks in the evening. Staff are great, rooms are large and comfortable with excellent lighting, furniture and bathroom.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank clnwrgh
WestinBangkok, Director of Sales & Marketing at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear colcol. Many thanks for your review. I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay on the Executive Club floor and hope to welcome you back soon.

Trixie Scully,
Director of Sales & Marketing
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Location-wise is awesome, right across the Asok station. I'd recommed Sheraton across the street or the Sofitel 2 blocks away are also a great choice and they are newly renovated.
I want to call out their Conciege service ....disappointed on how they understand this town themselves. 10pm, i asked for a place to eat thai food, their respond was" sorry, everything closed at 9:30pm".....you're kidding me.!?!. 0730 in the morning, I asked the conceige where can i find a starbucks, their respond was"sorry sir, no open until 09:30". There is one starbuck across the street of the hotel open at 0730. There is also a tons of good restaurant open until midnight.

1 Thank Legoes
WestinBangkok, Director of Sales & Marketing at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Legoes,

Thanks for choosing to stay at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit. I'm so sorry that the Concierge service provided during your stay was disappointing. On the other hand I'm glad you enjoyed our location and hope you will return again.

Trixie Scully,