“Nice location and room”

The Westin Grande Sukhumvit
Ranked #63 of 881 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit and it was really worth it. The room is clean when I arrived. The staff was courteous and accommodating. The location is ideal since it is connected to Asok BTS station. Terminal 21 shopping mall is right next to it. There are lots of places to eat for food. I also love their complimentary slippers.

The only thing I didn't like is there is no free wifi connection. You have to pay around 400 baht per day for the wifi which I think is too much. So I ended up getting a thai sim card from AIS and paid only 150 baht for the sim card and 300 MB of internet for my entire stay.

Overall, I am very satisfied with my experience with this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ana S
WestinBangkok, General Manager at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post and sharing your experience with us and others. It's great you enjoyed your overall stay at the Hotel, along with the location. I have to agree, we are very fortuante being so accessible to many things nearby, as well as overhead and underground rail. I am sorry that you did not take advantage of our complimentary internet in public areas, and we also have this included in many of our room types and rates. I am pleased you were overall satisfied with your stay, and we hope to see you again soon.

Stay well,

There are newer reviews for The Westin Grande Sukhumvit

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Spent weekend with my close friend from philippines. last may 4-6, 2013 my thai friend booked for us to stay in bkk.The Westin Grande Sukhumvit.
both of us first time to stay at westin..wow! no regrets from the entrance to the reception area people was great. Our room 1021 can see the view Terminal 21 mall and ofcourse facing the bts station asoke wich is steps away from the hotel..everything accessible like mall, transportation,and for night out.
its was a great holiday for me and ofcourse to my close friend ANA SIDECO a Supermodel/tri_media and editotial queen model in the philippines after her hell week of endless meetings and fashion shows she deserved that break.
Now i have a new place to stay in bkk...location is great, room is great, and ofcourse staff and service was great.
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit Hotel bangkok Amazing!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Zalds

It is really superb to read your feedback and thank you for taking the time to share. It's great you recharged and enjoyed the break with your friend, along with finding a new place to stay on future visits! It's sounds like a great couple of days. Many thanks for staying with us and sharing your feedback here. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Stay well,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The room is really nice n comfortable. Facilities is good and near malls. I like the hotel as it is not too big and the staff service is immaculate. They even prepare change for me upon arrival to pay for the taxi. It is within walking distance to malls, street selling local goods and located just beside the train station stop.

• Stayed: May 2013

Many thanks for sharing and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay, along with the location of the Hotel. Thank you very much for staying with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel inspired a WOW experience for us. Was a perfect ending for our vacation in the last week of Dec 2012. Even though we were out of the hotel for most of the time (for shopping, what else), we had very special moments at the hotel. The Suites were well appointed and they had taken minutest details to pamper us. Though check-in was ugly, as we had requested for early check-in, even though we reached at 12:30 pm, we were asked to wait until 2 pm.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

It is great to learn you had a perfect end to your holiday and enjoyed all aspects of the Hotel. Many thanks for sharing with us. I am sorry that the checkin was disappointing, as we will always do our best to accommodate early arrivals. After saying that, it's great you found the experience in the Suite great. Thank you very much for the feedback.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very nice place and at a very central location, the service was good and the overall ambiance was great as well..

They could not accept the Pre-Paid travel card from Citibank and since we had 3 rooms, I had to swipe my credit card for ton of money...

Also at that price point, one would expect complementary Wi-Fi and breakfast. But the location is really awesome and Subway station (Asok) is just outside the hotel, makes up atleast for the breakfast part!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
WestinBangkok, Director of Sales & Marketing at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Mayank85,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Grande Sukhumvit and for letting us know that your enjoyed your stay. We do offer a range of accommodation packages that include WIFI and breakfast amongst other benefits. I hope one of them will suit your needs next time you visit Bangkok.

Trixie Scully,
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was staying on 20/f and the room was well appointed. Bed was very comfy and I personally loved the white tea bath amenities and the JING tea. There was a small issue with the cold water but it was fixed very quickly. Westin is located right next to a big shopping mall and sky train so it's very convenient, and just opposite Sheraton Grande for Sunday brunch.

Pool was very well set for a relaxing sunbath and swim, and the gym was well equipped with weights and cardio. Staff was friendly and helpful overall and I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Book with SPG
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank EddieSky
WestinBangkok, General Manager at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Many thanks for staying with us and thank you for taking your time to share. I appreciate the feedback and delighted you enjoyed you stay.

Be well,

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Well run SPG hotel in probably the best location in bangkok. Skytrain and MRT, t21 mall, Robinson all on door step. All taxis know where it is. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in bangkok and am a regular here. 18 nights at the hotel, YTD. They also gave me a cake on bday! Very thoughtful!

Well maintained room upto international standards (lighting system a little complicated), very friendly staff, nice pool/gym area. For tourists, its an excellent hub.

My only complaint is the business centre is very unfriendly. A simple task of printing and scanning a document wasn't possible! A representative is meant to be available until 5.30pm, but had to leave at 4.30pm. I went to the main desk for further assistance, only to find the staff extremely busy with guests checking in. Concierge couldn't help either. I gave up after waiting around for 20-30 mins. Luckily because of the great location, I sorted out my admin task in 3 minutes at an internet cafe. This is a serious weakness in the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
WestinBangkok, Director of Sales & Marketing at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Konyagi,

Thank you for choosing us for your Bangkok stays, we really appreciate your loyalty and I 'm glad you enjoy the Hotel. I am very sorry to hear you were disappointed by the Business Centre and will follow up with the team to make sure this doesn't happen again. We all hope to welcome you back again soon.

Trixie Scully,