“Well Located Luxury Hotel in Bangkok”

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #8 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 14, 2009

My mother and I went on a trip to Thailand and heard so many wonderful things about this property in Bangkok. We also read that if you were an SPG Gold they give you a special rate with some other amenities. I booked this hotel for a great discount with a breakfast included and was probably the best value I've had with a hotel in Bangkok. The staff was amazingly nice, rooms were so spacious and spotless, and the service was flawless. I would describe the room we were accommodated in as a mix of classic Thai with some European flair. This hotel really rejuvenated the both of us after a 17 hour flight from JFK because it was so quiet and the beds were comfortable. The location was within a short walk from the skytrain public transportation system which in this trip helped us a great deal and cut back on our taxi expenses (another perk). During our stay we tried the hotel's restaurant basil which I highly recommend. If you are jet lagged and do not want to go far for really great Thai food this is the place to go. Just a short hop on the elevators and you are surrounded by beautiful decor, great service, and lots of those famous Thai smiles pouring fine wines and serving excellent food. Overall I think this is the best value in Bangkok for service and location. Having only paid $80 a night I think that is enough said. Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank ZP83
Write a ReviewReviews (3,816)

Reviewed December 9, 2009

I agree with all the previous comments. This 5 stars hotel is up to the expectations. Located in a very convenient location, it is at the door step to the subway and close to many restaurants.

The hotel itself have very nice restaurants too, with nice pool and gym. The staff was also very friendly. It is on of my favourite hotel for business in Asia.

Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank expatsing
Reviewed December 8, 2009

i have been travelling quite extensively these days. and Sheraton Bangkok is definitely one best!

consistency is the key! unlike many other service providers, this hotel is consistent. from the moment i stepped off the taxi, check-in, bell boy to check out, all the staff I encountered provided excellent and consistent service. this is amazing.

Many other 5-star hotel might have top notch amenities or location but a lot of them lack in consistency in their service delivery. some of them simply don't care. staying in this hotel make me feel like as if I am the distinguished guest. they all remember you by name and every staff seem to be interested in providing an excellent service to the guest.

i have stayed in some sofitel in bangkok. there is no way that they can compare with this.!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travel_man_hk
Reviewed December 7, 2009

Recently stayed 3 nights at this fabulous hotel. From the moment I got out of the taxi to the time I left - I was treated like a star !
Checkin was smooth and room available right away - at the time I was checking in the staff member asked what time I would leave - my flight was at 7pm - she checked the availabilty of rooms and advised that I would be able to have late checkout until 430pm if I liked - of course yes was my answer !
The room is amazing - i was on the top floor in a king room with a great view of the city - the room has everything that you could possibly ask for - flat screen tv dvd player weight scales coffee maker fresh fruit daily iron and board everything.
The breaskfast here is amazing ! There is no end of food on offer and no one will ever walk away empty ! I can well recommend the buffet..
Pool area is small but very cosy with lots of plants and hideaway areas - not that you want to spend alot of time here with an amazing city out the door.
5 star luxury for this hotel !

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank u2by
Reviewed December 5, 2009

The hotel was fab, staff were lovely and couldn't do enough for you, rooms were big and clean.

Highlight was the pool area with big comfy sunbeds and lots of towels, my only complaint was the water was too cold for me.

I had a meal at the hotel's thai restaurant - Basil. This is my only issue with the hotel really, the food wasn't as good as I've had elsewhere in hailand but was obviously a lot more expensive.

The skytrain still hasn't reached the airport and it took over an hour in a taxi, it was about 5.00pm though so rush hour. The early morning return journey was much quicker. Cost was under 500 baht so quite reasonable.

The sky train does give you easy access to the city whilst you're in Bangkok.

My top tip would be to plan what you want to see, don't just wander around thinking you can soak up the big city atmosphere. There's lots of tuk tuk drivers waiting to whisk you off on a mystery tour for just 40 baht, they actually go round all the shops where they get commission. I was a bit too trusting having experienced something similar in India but in Bagkok I was left in a back street at the waters edge and had to find my own way back after refusing to pay more money to the driver.

Top ip - I wish I had pre-booked my trips because by the time I'd found out where I could book them I'd missed the day it was running.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank holidaychicklet
Reviewed December 3, 2009

I have returned couple of weeks back from a week at Sharaton. The hotel is great and magnificent and I had great experiance staying in this property. It was my second stay in this hotel in last two years and every experiance is better then the previous one. The service from each and every team member was great espl the room service.

The quality / varitey of food served in al lof their restauranet is excellant and covers mutiple cousines, this was the reason i had all my dinner inside the during whole week of stay. I am being vegetrain get lovely choice of food with variety starting from Thai, India and Continetal.

I can say with confidance that this is one of teh best hoetl i ever stayed and is one of my favruioute whenever i will travel to Bankok.

The tariff is apid is value for mony and looks to me one of the best hotel in Bangkok in comarison to all other hotels (3+) i satyed in Bangkok.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ReachAnil
Reviewed November 23, 2009

I was there for 4 nights in October on business trip. Experience was great. I shall go for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit with out searching for otehr options next time.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business