Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #9 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Ideal Base”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I've stayed at many Sheraton properties over the years, with my 1st trip to Asia looming I decided to opt for a safe base, so booked the Sheraton Grande, what a perfect choice.

I booked a collection from the airport, which was seemeless, granted it was expensive compared to just hailing a taxi, but for the 1st time on Asian soil I felt it was a sensible thing to do, it was a seemless service.

Arriving at the hotel before the scheduled check in time I found my room was ready & available, just what you want to hear after a 12 hour flight.

The room was great, cleaned daily & everything worked, the staff where fantastic all the way through the property & couldn't do enough to help, the food was really good quality.

As others have said its linkd to the BTS which is easy to navigate & certainley beats the traffic without risking your life like the taxi bikes, so much so that when I go back I will get the BTS from the Airport & enjoy the trip.

I certainley can't fault anything with the hotel & will return whenever I go back to Bangkok

Room Tip: The higher the better !
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank neal s
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear neal s,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you have taken to share your feedback with us.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the convenience of our limousine service, our central location, the spacious guestrooms, our selection of food & beverages, and the level of service provided by our team of Luxury Collection ambassadors. We continuously strive to improve the level of our services and were delighted to know that you had a memorable stay.

The team and I look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

Richard Chapman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Well I've read lots of reviews about this hotel and it’s all much the same, great place to stay and the service is good, etc,etc. And so it should be too, it’s a 5 star hotel. I have seen the rooms and they are very good.
But nobody mentioned the Jazz program in the Living room, Bangkok’s so called premier Jazz Room. I always make a point of going there to see what I thought was the best jazz in town as do many people from all over the world and some locals too.I been going there for the last few years ever since I met my wife. But its changing for the worst. Just about the only good thing I've seen and heard is the Cannon brother’s. But when I was there last month, no Cannon brothers playing together, as advertised.
Thank god I didn't have to listen to another blues singer trying to sing jazz. It’s seems obvious to me whoever books these singers and runs the jazz program doesn't know anything about Jazz or maybe they don't care.
The last one I heard attempting to sing Jazz was a real estate agent from New York who professes to be a jazz singer who yells at the band in the middle of songs, i was actually embarrassed sitting there listening to this person yelling out at the band members in the middle of songs. Only ever seen that once before and that person was off their brains on something. And the singer before her was a big black lady singing the same old blues songs. And their always colored ladies, I’m not racist but there are white ladies out there who sing real jazz and not the same old blues songs.
Come to think of it, many venues around Bangkok have the black lady singers. Their all the same and sing the same songs.. Maybe they get paid well and treat it like a holiday?
Steve Cannon plays on Monday and Tuesday night’s and The Randy Cannon trio play’s the rest of the week but not together anymore for some reason. Upon my inquiries the trumpeter Steve Cannon is being replaced by an average singing piano player whom I've heard before, so don’t waste your time going there. There is better Jazz around Bangkok where the drinks are cheaper too. To replace a world class trumpeter with a piano bar singer is beyond me.
So I'm in no hurry to go back there to listen to the same old songs. Time to find a better music venue.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff J
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Jeff J,

May I thank you for staying at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for sharing your experiences. With regard to the jazz music at The Living Room, everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion and I am sorry that unlike many others you feel that the quality of music is not the same as before.

Although Steve Cannon may no longer be playing with us, we are currently featuring the Hungarian saxophonist Tony Lakatos. The plan in the future is to have more vocalists and we are in the process of searching for suitable artists in 2013.

Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We visited the hotel this past July as a family. The staff is very helpful and polite, and they kept explaining directions on the map every time we asked. The BTS station is a 2 minute walk away, with the sky bridge connected to the hotel entrance.
Terminal 21, the mall, is right opposite the hotel, and it's easily accessible via the sky bridge. On the side walk below the hotel there's some nice old Bangkok tailor shops in case business people are looking for a decently priced job.
The rooms were nice, considering we were a family, they gave us two rooms facing each other, with the small hallway shut by a main door. The privacy was appreciated. Beds were comfortable, and ones head just sinks into the pillow. Loved the shower, even though the bathrooms didn't look very modern. Renovations are going on so I'm sure they'll be amazing soon enough. The room we got had a lake view, which looks amazing at night, and you can also see the hotel pool below.
Breakfast was decent, but not great, and the hotel had a very business feel to it as opposed to a touristy or family atmosphere. Nonetheless we had a good time here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear JaySal1294,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time so share your feedback with us.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the convenience of our location, our Grande Connection - providing direct access to the BTS Skytrain and MRT Subway Station. Moreover, it is a great pleasure to read that you had enjoyed your guest room. I was, however, concerned to read that you found our breakfast decent. Your feedback has been shared with our Director of Food & Beverage for further improvement.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Every thing is so luxurious about this hotel every feeling is so wonderful makes everything an amazing moment to cherish in your life. Luxury is not just spending huge amount it is place and people makes you live in a luxury and makes you feel so luxurious and that name is Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit cheers to people making it so luxurious.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Bhuwannp
Dear Bhuwannp,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit and for the time that you have taken to share your feedback with us.

As part of the Luxury Collection Hotels, we continuously strive to provide our guests with an incomparable stay. Your compliments have been shared with the team to recognize their efforts. We look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

Melbourne
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is conveniently located near Asoke BTS. If your stay requires you to travel to places that are located near/on the BTS lines, then this is a great location. It is also near Terminal 21, one of the newer shopping plazas. The 5th floor (the floor is called Pier 21) has a great food court with different cuisines for a reasonable price.

The hotel fitout itself is tired and very 80s (for example, the tiles in the bathroom are emerald coloured). The hotel acknowledges this and is undergoing renovations. Level 10 is the first floor that has been refitted, but I didn't get to go there. We got a good room facing the lake, which was appreciated. Hopefully when the renovations are done, the rooms will match today's luxury collection standard.

The pool is nothing to write home about. The only novelty factor is that it plays music under the water. They give free iced water, but not bottled, so if your stomach can't handle Bangkok water, then unlike other places, you may need to pay. Given you get so much free bottled water in your room, I don't know why they don't do this at the pool as well.

The pillows are a bit hit and miss. You may need to ask for a few pillows before you get the right one for your body. But they are willing to keep letting you try them until you find what you need.

This seems to be a very typical business hotel - there were many business people here than tourists and couples.

Didn't try the buffet, but room service was good and reasonably priced for a Thai hotel.

Also check what you get for free laundry - the slips we got say 3 pieces a day, but apparently that is meant to say 3 pieces a STAY. Don't get caught and like other reviewers have said, make sure you have things put in writing.

Room Tip: Try a renovated room facing the lake
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear drif99,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you have taken to share your feedback with us.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the convenience of our location. You are indeed correct to mention that we are currently undergoing a soft refurbishment of our guestrooms which will give a fresher look and more contemporary feel to the guestrooms. This will include a totally new colour scheme, state-of-the-art media hub, 40” TV, upgraded guest room Internet, new lighting, new shower fittings and of course new fan coil unit of the air conditioner . The room together with its 45 sq.m. space will certainly give us a leading edge amongst the 5 stars hotel in Bangkok. The total project is targeted to be completed by mid of 2015.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have been visiting Bangkok a few times every year . For last 15 years I have been staying in this property . Extremely convenient , service is par excellence . If you don't want to stay on the river side this is the best property to stay .
This is my most favorite hotel , in all my traveling, the concierge is one of the best any hotel I have experienced .

Room Tip: Reserve is advance and request for lake facing room on higher floors
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vivek K
Dear Vivek K,

Thank you for your continuous support and loyalty toward Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

It is always a great pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our returning guests and we are delighted to know that we continue to make your visits to Bangkok a memorable one. Extra recognition have been given to our Concierge team. The team at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and I look forward to your next visit.

Gurgaon
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We are a family of 4 , 2 adults and 2 children aged 9 and 7 and stayed at this Hotel for 5 nights between 12th and 17 th October.The Location of the Hotel is excellent -right on the BTS Asoke Station and therefore it is very convenient to explore the city on the Train .Added advantage- BTS exit right into the Hotel.We booked a room with two queen beds but found that we needed the extra bed for a comfortable stay.Since this was included in the price it was readily provided.Swimming Pool is OK but looks far more attractive in the pictures!No kiddies area in the pool.Stay was quite comfortable and the concierge helpful.Breakfast was good and I recommend staying at this Hotel.There was one sour point though.I booked this Hotel well in advance and confirmed everything telephonically as well as on mail with the reservation associate who had clearly informed me that the rates included breakfast for the four of us.That is what the reservation slip also said- room for 2 adults and 2 children with complimentary breakfast.However on arrival we were told that the breakfast of the kids was not included in the package price offerred to us .For a Sheraton we found this unacceptable.They didn't charge us for the kids for the first day but also did nothing to make amends for the goof up despite what was written on their reservation slip- booking for 2 adults 2 children breakfast complimentary!.Just make sure you get everything in writing and are not tied up in fine print at the Hotel!
Will stay here again despite this goof up!

Room Tip: Lake View Room is better.Corner Suite is good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear AKPGurgaon,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit during your most recent visit to Bangkok.

I am glad that you and your family had enjoyed the convenience of our location, the ease of accessibility with our Grande Connection - linking the hotel lobby to both the BTS Skytrain station and MRT subway station, and the breakfast buffet spread at Orchid Cafe.

Please accept my apologies for the misunderstanding with the breakfast inclusions. Breakfast is complimentary only for children age between 0 - 2 years old. I have shared your feedback with our Reservation Manager to ensure that such reoccurrences will not happen in the future.

I hope that despite this mis-information, you had enjoyed your stay and we look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.