“THE best Sheraton, and has been for years.”

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #9 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
taipei
“THE best Sheraton, and has been for years.”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Outstanding as always, same superb helpful and friendly service from every staff that you meet, supremely comfortable good size standard rooms with quality linens and bedding, powerful shower in a separate enclosure and all other services just a phone call away. Outstanding spa with sauna, steam, jacuzzi and cold showers pus a wonderful atmospheric and exotic pool with outside jacuzzi-this place is a serene haven in the crazy outside world of Bangkok city. Food is always of a very high standard, whether it is Italian or Thai, although my personal favorite is to sit in the brilliant Living Room jazz bar, listening to the Randy Cannon trio and then order food from either of the restaurants and eat in a more casual, relaxed and very soothing environment. Location cannot be faulted, connected to Asoke BTS and only 20 minutes to the main shopping areas plus right in the middle of Bangkok's gastronomic paradise. A weekend break here is like nothing else on earth, and it will cost you a fraction of what it would back in the States or Europe. Wholeheartedly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear madfish8,

Thank you for staying at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking time to write to us.

We are pleased that you were able to experience many of the hotel’s highlights including The Grande Spa and dining at our award-winning restaurants. The Living Room is regarded as one of the finest live jazz venues in Bangkok and hosts some of the best international musicians including regular performances by the Randy Cannon Trio. We are delighted you enjoyed his performance.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Richard Chapman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Guam, Mariana Islands
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I always enjoy my stay in this hotel. The hotel is well maintained and I truly enjoy my meals at Orchid Cafe. The staff are so attentive, very friendly and they always provide a legendary customer service. I love the mangosteen, rambutan, mangoes and other fresh and delicious fruits which are served in abundance. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Leo M,

Thank you for your continuous support towards Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

It is of my greatest delight to read that we continue to be a part in making your stays in Bangkok memorable. I have shared your compliments with the team at Orchid Cafe and they sincerely appreciate that recognition that you have given them.

My team and I look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This review comes a few months after we stayed at Sheraton. But we had a super stay. The staff was very helpful, the breakfast sumptuous, the rooms beautiful. The location was superb, connected to the sky train directly from the lobby. This made it very convenient to use this as a base to travel around the city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear manukap,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share us about your memorable stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great experience during your stay including breakfast, room, our convenience location and especially our services. Your comments will be shared with the entire team and I am sure that your feedback will be encouragement to all our associates.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Dubai
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel located in the center of everything. If you want going nightlife or access to any restaurant and you want to be in the middle of everything, this is the place you may choose (Of course you should consider your budget since this hotel is not cheap). The first appearance, when you enter the hotel, gives you a warm, comfortable, luxury feeling. We waited for a while for checking-in. Since we were three adults in one room, I wished to check if they have suites. The receptionist told me that there is no suite available at that night but he asked us to check the room first and if it was not suitable we can change the room to a bigger one. He, whose name was APICHAI which was very kind, responsive came with us to the room. Showed it. It was very large in comparison to the other hotels we had in Thailand. He ordered us tea in the room to compensate for our waiting in the checking process.
The rooms was quite comfortable, calm with warm environment, well ventilated and to say it in one word, it was perfect. The breakfast choices were more than what I had in mind before. I did not use other facilities like pool or wellness but I believe they would be very good if I may judge on the clues. The hotel has entrance to Monorail which you may take easily going to the main attractions and shopping malls. (You do not need to go down to the street and take steps to come up, just directly go to the station.) The Concierge was also very helpful. I had read that there is a shopping mall (Terminal 21) in front of the hotel but this shopping mall is not very big and nnot too many shops open. You have better choice if you took Monorail to go there.

Room Tip: For this hotel do not take Taxi since you will waste much time in Bangkok trafic. Just use Monorail...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear citoyen-du-universe,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

I am glad to hear that you had a great stay with us and our services and facilities have met your expectations. I totally agree with you that one of our main unique feature is the hotel location that offers a direct connect to the SkyTrain and Subway Station which allow our guests to explore Bangkok conveniently. The other focus that we are continuing to improve is our service to our guests. Thank you once again for your compliments to Apichai. Your compliments have been shared to him and other team members in the hotel and this will be definitely encouraging our team members to keep providing the best service to our guests.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future which I strongly recommend you to try other facilities.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in early April in a Grand Deluxe room. Fantastic service from the start at the check in, restaurants, pool facilities through to our out late checkout. The hotel also organised return airport car transfers which were first rate. The location of the hotel is prime - just over the road from a big shopping centre with lots of restaurants. The room was quite large with nice views over the lake and the butler service was very efficient with nothing being too much trouble. This hotel is one of the best ones we have stayed at in our travels. We will definately return in the near future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 255100Alan,

May I thank you for staying at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you have taken to write a review regarding your stay.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed the benefits of the Grande Deluxe Room, our dining options, the tropical atmosphere of our swimming pool as well as our location. I certainly agree with you that our location provides an ease of access to not only the restaurants in Terminal 21, but also to various parts of Bangkok since we are directly connected to the BTS Skytrain station as well as just a few steps away from the MRT subway station. Moreover, I am pleased to read about the positive interaction you had with our Luxury Collection ambassadors during your check-in. Your compliments have been shared with the team and we look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

Canberra
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Sheraton Grande Hotel. The hotel stays true to its name with the best services provided. We had come there on the last leg of our honeymoon. On our arrival we were presented a delicious chocolate cake wishing us a "Happy Honeymoon".
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed breakfast at the orchid cafe presenting a variety of options. Moreover the swimming pool provided an excellent opportunity to relax and stay cool. The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Bangkok and is connected to Asok BTS station allowing access to most of Bangkok. Would definitely recommend this place to friends and family provided they can afford it..

Room Tip: Try finding a discounted deal for the room. Otherwise can be a bit expensive!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jerry_Ahmed,

May I thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok on the final destination of your honeymoon.

I am delighted that you had enjoyed the breakfast service at Orchid Cafe, the tropical atmosphere of our swimming pool, the convenience of our location and most importantly, the level of customer service provided by our Luxury Collection ambassadors. Your compliments have been shared with the team and we are all happy to know that we were able to be a part in enhancing your honeymoon and making it more memorable.

We look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

Dunfermline
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I tend to stick to hotels that I like when travelling on business and the fact that I've stayed here 7 or 8 times on business over the years is a good indication that I feel very comfortable in this hotel. Given that the hotel has direct access to the Skytrain station at Asok from the lobby on the first floor and most of the companies/organisations I meet are close to the Skytrain, I can sometimes spend several days without having to descend to ground level at all! In all seriousness, it's great to be so close to the Skytrain as you can avoid Bangkok traffic and zip around much of the city with ease.

Service is excellent and the facilities at the hotel very good. I've used the hotel laundry and the car service many times and have always been happy. The rooms - at least the SPG level ones - are very large, well equipped and comfortable. There is a good variety of eating options in the hotel itself, while it's nice to have an aperitif or digestif listening to jazz in the Lounge. Business and meeting facilities are also up to the standard one would expect in an international hotel. I haven't tried Rossini's, but Basil - the Thai restaurant - has good food, although I've found the service to be a bit hit and miss at times. The buffet at lobby level is a good option for breakfast and informal lunch/dinner.

Room Tip: I prefer to have a 'lake' view room, as you're a bit sheltered from the bustle of Sukhum...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear TheDEXExpress,

Thank you very much for your continuous support and loyalty towards Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

I am delighted to read that you enjoy the convenience of our "Grande Connection," the laundry service, limousine service as well as the dining experiences at basil and Orchid Cafe. We strive to always provide our guests with an indigenous and exceptional experience and I am glad to know that our team are able to be a part in enhancing your stay.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit in the near future as well as to experience the Italian dining experience at Rossini's.