“Bliss - exceeded expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #9 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Bliss - exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

The reviews for this hotel were excellent so my expectations were high but in all respects it delivered on a four day stay. Facilities and restaurants were top rate but the service truly shines. Simply put, from check-in to check-out not a flaw. Could be my favourite Starwood property ever, hotel management has this one spot on.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear THS2010,

May I thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you have taken to write a review.

I am delighted to read that you were able to enjoy our facilities and services during your four-day stay with us. I certainly welcome your feed back as it is an important part of our self-assessment in knowing we are providing the services for the most important aspect of the hotel – our guests. Your kind comments have been shared with our team and we all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

Richard Chapman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel is beautiful. Rooms are not as big as you'd expect, but are certainly comfortable. Staff is super friendly. Among the best I've ever seen.
The location is very convenient. With its "own" BTS (sky train) station that leads you directly into the hotel. Sunday brunch is a Bangkok classic.
I stayed for 2 weeks and half way through my stay I caught a bad cold. Staff was checking in on me regularly bringing me tea and offering to bring a doctor if I wanted one.
The only thing I didn't like was that the commute to my office was way longer than I anticipated because getting in and out of the hotel on Sukhumvit takes for ever in the morning and afternoon traffic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear gracemarini,

May I thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit during your two weeks stay in Bangkok.

It is a great pleasure to read that you had enjoyed our Sunday Jazzy Brunch, the service provided by our Luxury Collection ambassadors, as well as the convenience of "The Grande Connection," our pedestrian skywalk bridge connecting the hotel lobby to the BTS Skytrain station. We are indeed fortunate with our location of being directly connected to the BTS Skytrain station and being just a few steps away from the subway station.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was here as part of a trip to interview candidates for a role in Thailand. Since I wanted to make the interviews in an accessible location, I decided to use the business centre at the hotel and ran interviews through the day. In fact, I used the library which is adjacent to the business centre, and it was great. It was also connected to the cafe on the first floor - and the staff there were especially good. Every time a candidate came for an interview, they came past to offer tea, biscuits etc. They kept a close eye on things and made sure if anything was needed, they took care of it. They were great.

For the room itself, it was also very fine. Everything you needed in a room, with a view back out over the city that was very nice. Big bathroom (although maybe showing its age just a bit) but otherwise everything needed. Breakfast is served on the ground floor with loads of options - I especially enjoyed the fruit spread that included freshly sliced mango's. With an omelet, it was a very fine breakfast.

Overall though - I think it is important to reiterate the service. These days, with hotels in fierce competition with one another, you can pretty much count on a good bathroom, good bed etc. But the service is what will set it apart - and this hotel really knew how to do it right.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Matyboom
Dear Matyboom,

May I thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for also choosing to conduct your interviews with us.

I am pleased to read that you had enjoyed our guestroom as well as its view, the fruit spread during breakfast at Orchid Cafe as well as the service provide by our Luxury Collection ambassadors. Our biggest asset of the hotel is our people and I am happy to hear that we were able to enhance your trip and make it memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

PacNW
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Staff is extremely helpful and caring. One in our party fell ill, stayed in the room all day and was visited by a doctor the hotel called. Upon returning after the day out, hotel staff asked how my friend was feeling. That extra effort and care on the part of reception was delightfully surprising.

Starwood Gold status earned a nice room upgrade, including a cavernous bathroom.

Location is right next to a BTS stop, so very easy to get around. Tasty and inexpensive street food right around the corner too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear mfrk,

May I thank you for staying at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for sharing your experience.

I am delighted to read of the positive interactions you had with our Luxury Collection ambassadors despite reading of about the incident of your colleagues. Here at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, we strive to provide exceptional customer service to all of our guests and your kind comments have been passed on to the team to recognize their efforts.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

With flight changes and an unexpected night in Bangkok, after pushed decision at the airport we were at one stage going to be staying five minutes from the airport in something loosely called a hotel. It was terrible so not long after arriving at 10pm, we hit the net to find somewhere in the city that was clean and welcoming. A taxi wait and ride was endured but...
Thank goodness for The Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit...

After the first hotel, our standard room at the SGS with two queen beds and standard bathroom was magic. In fact, even without the earlier experience, walking into a spacious, clean, well laid out room was so wonderful. A view from the 28th floor allowed us to gain perspective of Bangkok size, as well as bearings for the morning walk to explore. The room was large, huge bathroom, mini bar and facilities, big walk in robe with safe etc and two comfy beds.

If in Bangkok, even for three hours, visit the Grant Palace. And do yourself a favour and pay for a guide. Ours was a King Soldier for 40 years and had a depth of knowledge that made our experience there for two hours simply breathtaking.

The staff at the SGS were so great on our arrival, remembered us the next day and made sure our short visit with them was impressionable and memorable. We will stay again without question.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diana W
Dear Diana W,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you have taken to share your review with us.

I am delighted to read that despite your short stay with us, you were able to experience the customer service level that is provided by our Luxury Collection ambassadors. Moreover, I certainly agree with you that the Grand Palace is one of the must-see destination of Bangkok. Should you require any recommendations during your next visit, please feel free to contact our Concierge team who would be delighted in assisting you.

My team and I look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back for another memorable stay.

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

My second time here in 4 year and it was like I remember it. Nice clean friendly and next to shopping and skytrain.We stay 24 floor , big room nice city view. Beautifuf pool area with trees and nice area for relax.
Staff was so wonderfull and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear

Thank you very much for returning to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you have taken to share your second experience.

I am delighted that you have chosen to stay with us during the Songkran Festival and had enjoyed the comforts of our rooms, location and swimming pool. Your compliments of our staff have been shared with the team and I certainly agree with you that our biggest asset of the hotel is our people.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lerwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just finished a 4 night stay at the Sheraton Grand, Sukhumvit Road. You always worry about a second visit to a hotel that you enjoyed first time around incase it doesn't live up to expectations. But I should not have worried as this hotel excels on all fronts. We had a grand delux room on the 28th floor which gives you great views over Bangkok and even better at 5.30am during a lightening storm. The room is large, well furnished, with a separate shower and bath. And a small dressing room! All the staff you meet are so friendly and polite, but a special mention has to be made of the staff at the poolside, who made our stay extra special. Breakfast by the pool has to be experienced, such tranquility in the heart of the city, it is the closed place to heaven while your feet are still on this planet. We will definitely be back. What more can I say. Please just keep this to yourself, we don't want the place to get too busy, it's nice when it's quiet.

Room Tip: High floor and grand delux room if the budget allows, not only gets you a great room but added benef...