Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #9 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I spent 5 nights at this wonderful hotel. The surroundings, service and staff were exceptional. We had upgraded to the Club which does not have a Club room but entitles you to to free cocktails/drinks at a choice of bars for two hours each evening. We chose the Living Room where Nancy made us so welcome and was an absolute delight. Additionally you are allowed to have two items of clothing cleaned per day which was a brilliant service.

The staff at this hotel were all absolutely fantastic, polite,always smiling, self motivated and obviously very happy in their work. Hotel mangement were accessible, chatting to guests on a daily basis and requesting feedback.

The skytrain is easily accessible from the hotel and this makes getting around Bangkok very easy..

We have no negative comments whatsoever about this hotel - it is truly superb and a stay here will certainly make you feel very special.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Ultra_13,

May I thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok on your most recent visit to Bangkok.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed the services provided by our Luxury Collection ambassadors. As part of the Luxury Collection Hotels, we continuously strive to provide each of our guests with an indigenous and exceptional experience. I have provided extra recognition to Nancy for outstanding efforts in being a part in enhancing your visit at The Living Room.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback and the team and I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to our hotel during your next visit to Bangkok.

Richard Chapman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in mid March of 2013 on a business trip. Its a excellent property, perfect location, directly connected to SkyTrain (Asok station), also connected by bridge to two shopping malls across the Sukhumvit Road. Lot of restaurants near the hotel only including many Indian restaurants. Rooms are big and spacious and comfortable. Toilet is also spacious. Service is excellent and staff is courteous.
I will definitely love to stay here again.
Only thing I didnt like was the staff a gate, after check-out, I insisted on getting the metered taxi, staff there got me on (a taxi was already waiting there) and while putting my bags, staff there tried to convince me that it will be expensive if I go by meter but I insisted on meter taxi. When I started from there I noted that driver has not started the meter, I asked him to do so, he refused and started asking me to pay 450 Bhat, if refused and asked me to take me back to hotel. but he didnt and kept driving and after 10 mnts, he say if i dont agree to pay 450, he can drop me somewhere to take another cab. as I had to catch the flight, I agreed to pay him 300 bhat on which he took me to airport avoiding toll roads etc. It clearly shows involvement of staff of hotel. Except that, everything else was perfect for this hotel

Room Tip: for airport, take metered taxi only, don't listen to the advice of staff there. And clear about...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Atycoon,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok on your most recent business trip to Bangkok.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed the convenience of our location, the spaciousness of our guess rooms as well as the service provided by our Luxury Collection ambassadors. However, I was concerned to read about the incident of the taxi service on the date of your departure. As the safety and security of our guests are of paramount importance, we strive to do our best to protect our guests. Unfortunately, we do not have complete control of third party taxi companies. I apologize if you felt that our bellman was trying to convince you to accept the charge of 400 to 500 Baht. What he had intended to do was to advise you of the expected amount. However, he should have followed our procedures to insist that the driver put the flag meter on before departing from the front door. In order to minimize the re-occurrence of such incidents, our Bellman team has been briefed once again to ensure that the meter has been applied.

I do hope that in spite of this inconvenience we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Gorgeous and grande!

Lovely service from the staff and good attention to detail! They delivered us a lovely cake for my anniversary!

The room is big, and if you are on an SPG floor great views of Bangkok. Large bathroom too.

Only got to sample the food at breakfast - which we had by the swimming pool and was just lovely! Room service food is also lush and speedy.

Swimming pool is just perfect, they've really used the space well.

Nothing bad to say about this hotel really pleased! Great starwood property!

One thing I will mention is that if you are looking to do more touristy stuff then perhaps Sukhumvit Road isn't the best place and maybe Royal Orchid etc along the river are better as they are closer to the grande palace and lying buddha etc. We used the metro system often as it is linked to the hotel and it is very easy to use indeed.

Dear Explorer_SH,

May I thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok, and for sharing your experiences.

I would certainly concur that for a leisure visitor planning to visit the main sightseeing spots that a riverside hotel- the Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel and Towers- is more convenient. Whereas if the visitor is on business or wishes to be close to the major shopping areas or entertainment, then the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is more ideally located. The hotel lobby is directly connected via sky walk bridge to the sky train, making access to the main points of interest very easy.

Moreover, it is a great delight to know that my team were able to be a part in enhancing your anniversary and making it more memorable.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Service at this hotel is always wonderful. Plenty of smiles and a great "can do" style. I like to have drinks in the evening and listen to jazz at the Living Room on the first floor. Yupawan is a lovely hostess who always gives us a warm welcome and makes us feel at home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Degas1889,

Thank you for staying with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you have taken to write a review regarding your stay.

We continuously strive to improve the level of our services and the comments that you have written are really an encouragement to all our team members. Extra recognition have been given to Khun Yupawan to recognize her outstanding efforts in being a part of enhancing your stay.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Although it was a weekend stay, I have managed to go for a swim and utilize the spa services in Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. You can't ask for a better location with good service and good variety of food/restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel and I shall return again. Thanks!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JBUK9,

May I thank you for choosing to stay with us for a weekend at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

I am delighted to read that despite your short stay with us, you were able to experience the services provided at The Grande Spa and our swimming pool. Moreover, it is a great pleasure to know that you had enjoyed our food & beverage options as well as the level of customer service provided by our Luxury Collection ambassadors.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great location to metro. Busy area - traffic & shops if you are expecting an oasis outside!

Kind enough to extend room to 6pm as we had a late flight out.

Staff well informed and excellent english.

Great offer on Agoda. Not much more than an average local 3 star - so watch out for great offers!

Dear Kimbarra T,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit on your most recent visit to Bangkok.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed the convenience of the location of our hotel. We are indeed fortunate to be directly connected to the BTS Skytrain station and just a few steps away from the MRT subway station, providing easy access to different parts of the city. I have provided recognition to the team for their outstanding efforts in enhancing your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mumbai,India
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Very good hotel to stay in with lavish rooms and good service. Also very close to shopping centres. The fitness club as well as the swimming pool facilities are superb. The restaurants are also worth eating at

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rohitbhotica
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Rohitbhotica,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for sharing your experiences.

I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us - not only having enjoyed our spacious rooms, but also the swimming pool, fitness center and our restaurants. Your compliments are an encouragement for us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.