“An oasis away from the city”

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #8 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The hotel pool is to die for, its a little escape from the hectic city that is Bangkok. We had breakfast every morning by the pool, great selection of fruits and cheeses and pastries (eggs etc)--service was so warm and the staff made you feel so comfortable. The fitness center was also well stocked and a great option for those who like to stay active while on vacation/business.

Our room was very comfortable and we had a nice view of the city since we stayed on a higher floor because we are Starwood Preferred Guests--well worth it with all the perks (2 pieces of laundry a day, coffee/tea, breakfast and late check out). The service was great and warm at all the hotel facilities. They supply plenty of bottles of water in the room which is great because I do not recommend drinking tap water in Bangkok...

The hotel is located right by the Skytrain which is a great way to get around the city since traffic can get really bad and although taking a taxi can be very cheap--it can take much longer than the train.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear RamonoS,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for sharing your experience.

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed our swimming pool, fitness center, location, and customer service level. Moreover, I am glad that you have enjoyed breakfast by the swimming pool. It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback and your generous comments have been shared with the team to recognize their efforts.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another memorable stay.

Richard Chapman

Write a ReviewReviews (3,814)

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have stayed at this property on a few occassions. The rooms are really nice and the breakfast buffet, the dinner restaurants and jazz bar are all supmtuous. The pool is very nice and the lobby is grande and even better that you can walk to the bts on a directly connected overpath walkway.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear ucantkeepup,

Thank you very much for your continuous support towards Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you continue to enjoy our rooms, breakfast buffet, The Living Room and the convenience of The Grande Connection. We strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and I am sure that your feedback will be encouragement to all the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have stayed there many times I find the service to be very good perticuly in th bar the Living room service is very good the staff is freindly and very helpful thank you for making my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank lp1314
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear lp1314,

Thank you very much for your loyalty and support for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

It is definitely a highlight for hoteliers to see returning guests like yourself. We are definitely honored to hear that we have been able to make such an impact to your vacation/trip and look forward to welcoming you home in the near future.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Had occasion to stay at at this Hotel during an unexpected side trip to Bangkok last month. Have stayed there 13 times over the past 5 years and have had a platinum suite upgrade 10 times, even when they've been fully booked. SERVICE, SERVICE, SERVICE is what sets this hotel apart and why it deserves to be part of the luxury collection. Have tried all the 5 and 6 star properties in Bangkok over the years, but keep coming back to the Grande because its the best. ALL staff are polite to a fault and obviously trained in providing a level of service that is so difficult to find these days. Food and service in all outlets is exceptional and variety is second to none. Had a meeting in the first floor library on my first day and, too late for lunch, ordered from the snack menu. Chose
snow crab cakes and potato and chorizo croquettes...........superb, hot, fresh and perfectly presented and reasonably priced. The room was fantastic, okay it was a complimentary suite, but I have stayed in standard rooms that are pretty spacious compared to the norm in Bangkok. All rooms are gradually being updated and, if you can score one, are pretty cool.
Location is probably the BEST in Bangkok. Right in the heart of Sukhumvit road, the dining and entertainment hub of Bangkok, the Hotel is actually connected directly to the Skytrain ( BTS ) station. No need to venture down to street level to sample the traffic and pollution when you have an elevated walkway from the Hotel to the station. Would I stay hear again? In a heartbeat. Why? Because its the Best.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jimbo548
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear jamespickett3,

May I thank you for the loyalty and support that you have for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit over the past five years.

I certainly agree with you that service is one of the key aspects that sets any hotel apart. Our staffs are truly our biggest asset as you mentioned and I’m sure they appreciate the recognition that you have given to them. Your words of compliments have been shared with the team to recognize their hard work.

We look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel for another memorable visit.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Most Bangkok hotels are located among the vast array of shopping malls. This one, too, but very nice. Great staff - very helpful from checkin to getting taxis to advising re restaurants, etc. Had an overnight flight, getting to hotel before 8am - and had a lovely room ready for us! Swimming pool on an upper deck - hidden in flowers and greenery - very nice!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear James P,

May I thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you have taken to write a review.

I certainly welcome your feedback as it helps us to maintain our standards and the experience you shared certainly matches our customer service culture that we aim for. Once again, thank you for staying with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and we look forward to the next occasion where we can create another memorable experience with you.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

As a Starwood Platinum 75 and member of the SPG Advisory Committee, I have reasonable expectations when it comes to Sheratons. They are typically neither very good nor very bad. Sheraton is far from being the premium brand within the Starwood empire. It is therefore rather surprising to see a Sheraton advertised as part of the Luxury Collection, a sub-brand usually reserved for "one off" historic hotels that don't fit any particular brand within the group (think the Prince de Galles in Paris, the Poor Man's George V and worth every penny). By this stage in my review of the Sheraton Grande you can probably tell that it isn't going to be a very positive one.

The physical plant is on a par with, but not better than, many Sheratons I have stayed at, and I fail utterly to see what unique selling point merits the "Luxury Collection" sub-brand. However, I probably wouldn't have bothered to write this review if I hadn't been quite so appalled at the utterly indifferent service in the hotel's Food and Beverage outlets.

My initial impressions were favorable, in that the promised free coffee was delivered to my room on the occasion of an unsociably early conference call with the United States. However, when I returned in the evening, looking forward to a pleasant few drinks in the Living Room (Jazz Bar) and dinner in Basil (well regarded Thai restaurant) I could not have been more shocked.

The service in the bar was utterly indifferent. I arrived after Happy Hour and there were many staff standing around chatting to each other and clearly ignoring guests. I asked for a table at the restaurant, and while there was some delay, the very kind and polite hostess is not to be faulted for that - they were clearly very busy and full is full. She correctly set my expectations and exceeded them by seating me 15 minutes sooner than promised. However, that was the only positive service experience of an otherwise disappointing evening. Having been seated, a menu showed up promptly, but nothing else did. After waiting over 10 minutes with no sign of any waitstaff at all I left the restaurant, lamented only by the once again, very polite hostess.

Full marks to the hostess. Actually no complaints about the staff - this is clearly a systemic problem which goes back to management.

Would I stay here again? At the very least I will try the Westin next door - it doesn't rate so highly on Trip Advisor but I don't feel inclined to sample the F&B outlets at the Sheraton Grande again in the near future, and the physical plant is just OK, not great. No way this property merits the "Luxury Collection" designation though. I don't know who dreamed that up - it is just laughable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Julian L
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear jhlatl,

First of all, may I thank you for staying at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and going to trouble of sharing your comments.

I was extremely concerned to learn of your disappointments with the service level at The Living Room and basil. Maintaining a high quality standard requires daily looking after, especially in this digital stage where both positive and negative comments are instantly posted. Indeed, our basil Venue Manager had shared with us in his daily log book that he was unable to serve you last night. He had mentioned that he had spoken with you over the phone, apologizing for the lack of attention as well offering to serve you in the privacy of your room. Further to this, our new basil hostess acknowledged your status as a Starwood Platinum guest and admitted tried to please you by exceeding you expectations, however not fully aware of the Venue’s readiness to welcome you for the next seating. Your are correct to point out that it is the Management that is at fault for not providing enough guidance to an associate in a new position, although it is encouraging that she left a positive impression. Extra measures have been discussed to avoid any reoccurrence from tonight onward.

As for the service in The Living Room, we have no excuse. The shift leader agreed that there was a moment of lapse in concentration. Your comments have been shared with the team, and they hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back, in order to show you the normal level of service.

My sincere apologies for your inconvenience and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here during New Year time, We had Exceptional Treatment from Checkin till Checkout, Every small details were taken care off. The Location of this Hotel is the Best in Bangkok with direct access to ASOK BTS. The Hotel is also connected to Terminal 21 shopping Mall by Foot Over Bridge.

The Room is huge and the Bed is heavenly comfortable. We were automatically upgraded to Premium Deluxe room with two Queen Size Bed as we were travelling with two kids without any Extra Charge. All Hotel staff were very attentive and courteuos.

The Food at the Hotel is awesome, you name it and their Chef can prepare it.

This hotel truly deserves Luxury Collection Tag, it really doesnt matter that it is not as fancy and modern as its other competitors in Bangkok.

All in all we had wonderful begining of 2013 and all credit goes to Sheraton Grande and its staff for its Hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear mittallgauraav,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for celebrating New Year with us.

We welcome all feedback as it is an important part of our self-assessment in knowing we are providing the services for the most important aspect of the hotel – our guests. Your kind words have been shared with the team and we all look forward to the next opportunity of enhancing your family's trip.