“Highly Recommend It...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 823 Hotels in Bangkok
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Highly Recommend It...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Just completed a very pleasant 3 night stay at this hotel with my wife and our daughter. We booked a grand deluxe room which was spacious and clean with broad sweeping views of the city. Customer service was 5 star, and staff went out of their way to please....ex remembering your name, walking around with fruits at the pool, responding instantly with any room service or cleaning needs, etc. The breakfast buffet had an excellent selection of Western, Chinese, Japanese, and Thai foods. Gym was the size of a proper health club with excellent equipment and I had a good workout each evening. Location very central and connected to sky train. Pool is free form and well designed but a bit shady so sun lovers may be frustrated. Only disappointment was on our first evening we ate at the "Breakfast Under the Stars" dinner by the poolside....spent USD130 for a less than mediocre meal which was a ripoff considering Bangkok. Overall we enjoyed our stay though and would book again without hesitation...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kono14
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Kono14,

Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok and for sharing your experience.

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the room, breakfast, gym and location of our hotel. Moreover, I am delighted to know our Luxury Collection ambassadors were able to be a part in creating a memorable stay for you. We sincerely appreciate your comments and constructive feedback as it is an important tool to help us improve the level of services offered to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Richard Chapman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

4th time here and I still love it, every time I return I see the details that bring me back. The rooms may seem a bit dated, but they are spotless and comfortable. I love the location, and now it is even better with the new Terminal 21 mall, conected by a Sky bridge that also conects you to the BTS. Terminal 21 has Hundreds of dinning options,food courts, super markets,restaurants and koisks. it is a foodie heaven in every price range.
The Sheraton has great buffets and restaurants, breakfast options were great either poolside or a grand buffet.The workout room, spa and pool complex are all top notch.
Even with lots of new 5 star hotels opening in Bangkok the Sheraton still has what it takes to compete.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank nukenriles
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear nukenriles,

Thank you for your continuous support towards Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

I sincerely appreciate your valued compliments, and it will definitely help us to move forward and keep us to stay in the list of top hotels in Bangkok. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've been staying at this hotel 3 times per year for the past four years and have to say that it is one of my favourite hotels in Asia. While it is not the newest hotel in Bangkok it is, in my opinion, the most comfortable and maintained. Fantastic views from the high floors and a great pool area. The highlight is the restaurant which always has a great buffet!

Room Tip: The buffet restaurant gets busy on the weekends so it helps to book a table.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank benwMelbourne
Dear benwMelbourne,

Thank you for your generous comments regarding your stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and I am sure that your feedback will be encouragement to all the staff. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

My team and I look forward to the pleasant opportunity of welcoming you again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed here for three nights when in Bangkok recently, this is a nice comfortable hotel right in the action. The location is also well served by a train station across the road.

Rooms were nice and clean and felt modern enough and the hotel quiet enough for a good sleep.
Facilities are good and the breakfast has good variety and quality. The bar on the lower ground floor is well fitted out, however the clientell gets a bit questionable late at night, a bit surprising for a Sheraton.

Nice place and I would happily stay again when next in Bangkok.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark D
Dear Mark D,

Thank you for the time that you have taken to write a review regarding your recent stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

We welcome all feedback as it helps us to maintain our standards and I hope that your comments will be useful for future guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed at the hotel from 23.11 to 29.11. We have previously stayed at the Peninsula and The Oriental.
Our best experience has been at the Sheraton not least of which was the brilliant staff everyone from the concierge and reception staff to the spa and bars.
The room 2208 was first class and the butler service was spot on.
I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pomUk
Dear pomUK,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit during your visit to Bangkok.

I sincerely appreciate your great feedback and have shared them to our team. Furthermore, special recognition have been given to the Butler team to recognize their outstanding efforts in being part of making a memorable stay for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is not the first time I have stayed at this hotel and I have to admit I was somewhat disappointed. The service levels are tolerable but niggling problems leave a bad taste in one's mouth. Despite being a gold SPG member, I was not given a room in top floors. In fact, it is not at all clear what the advantage of being an SPG gold member is, other than the morning newspaper. I also had the bad experience of having a t-shirt and a pair of socks (of all things) being nicked from my suit case (they both happen to be Hugo Boss brand - not that I am much into brands!). The hotel manager did carry out some investigation after I reported the theft but that led nowhere.

The gym facilities and the pool are quite good.

This hotel clearly needs to lift its game if it is to attract repeat customers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank jdavis2009
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear jdavis2009,

I was most concerned to learn that you were disappointed with your recent stay experience and requested a full investigation. Records of the Starwood Preferred Guest center indicate that you currently enjoy “Preferred” status. To become eligible as a gold status member, you need to stay at Starwood properties 10 stays or 25 nights within one calendar year. With the preferred membership status, you certainly are entitled to being accommodated on a SPG floor. The 17th floor, where you stayed is an SPG floor.

On the subject of your missing t-shirt and pair of socks, our investigation unfortunately was unable to come to a conclusion. Should the items surface, we will certainly forward these to you.

I do hope that in spite of your disappointments, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back so that we may try to make amends for the poor impression gained on your recent visit.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is my third visit to Bangkok. On each trip I have stayed in a different hotel. I would have to give this hotel the highest rating of the three. It's a well managed hotel, with great rooms, good food, and nice pool and spa areas. I've read a few reviews where the individuals thought the rooms were dated. I'm don't agree. I thought they were well appointed, and the bed was exquisite. If I had one complaint, it centred on the unavailability of a room when we had arranged for early check-in. The manager handled the situation quite well, and allowed my party to use the spa to freshen up before heading off to a morning meeting. Great service all around.

Room Tip: The breakfast buffet is probably the best I have ever had at a hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Bruce P
Dear PrairyErthling,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit on your most recent visit to Bangkok.

I am glad that you have enjoyed our rooms, breakfast and the level of service provided our Luxury Collection ambassadors. Your compliments have been shared with our team and will definitely help us to move forward and keep us to stay in the list of top hotels in Bangkok. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.