Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #9 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 24, 2012

A warm country, warm people and warm experience. The Grand Sheraton lives unto its name and there is not one time I have had an unpleasant memory of this Hotel, the country or its people. Very easy access from the metro. Very close to Terminus 21 a mall with one of the best shopping experience and ten minutes walk from Nana station.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear khan22,

We appreciate the loyalty and support that you have given to our hotel.

At Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, we continuously try our best to provide the best customer service to all of our guests. Your kind words have been shared with the team to recognize their efforts.

We look forward to the next opportunity of providing you with an exceptional stay.

Richard Chapman

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Great five star hotel in a congested site in a happening part of the city. Despite the small property, the hotel has used multiple levels to accommodate all the facilities that you expect of a five star hotel. Good service, friendly staff and excellent breakfast!

Room Tip: The corner suites are very spacious and offers three beds. Excellent for a family.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear skarch,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for sharing your experiences.

I am glad that you have enjoyed the breakfast and services provided by our Luxury Collection ambassadors. Our core values, as a Luxury Collection Hotel, is to provide every guest with an "indigenous and exceptional experience."

My team and I look forward to your next visit to our property.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

General

A quality hotel with excellent facilities in a good location close to the business region of Bangkok and certainly would recommend, albeit a little dated décor compared to some others.

5/5 Check-in/out: Excellent speed and efficiency demonstrated by the well-spoken staff. Paperwork was prepared and ready under the SPG program. I was escorted to my room by the same check-in person, nice touch.

4/5 Reception/Lobby Area: Spacious and bright with many staff ready to assist on any need or request. Could perhaps do with a little more seating as it can get busy.

4/5 Room: Large, bright and good views (Exec room) . Well laid out in a fairly traditional style but larger than average. Comfortable bed. Internet (free WiFi or cabled), iron, coffee maker, TV. Good bathroom, shower, bath and accessories. Excellent large walk-in closet area with large safe for valuables.

4/5 Ambience/General: Pleasant even though it is a busy hotel.

3/5 Breakfast; Not bad buffet selection for breakfast.

5/5 Staff; Wonderful and efficient in all areas, helpful and plenty of them.

Facilities

5/5 Sauna/Pool area: Well laid out, super clean and all requirements close by.
5/5 Car Park: very close to front door so convenient for collection and meetings.
5/5 Shopping: A two minute walk to Century 21 Shopping Mall for food and shops.

Average Summary Score: 4.4 / 5

I am very likely to use this hotel again and have a special note to the General Manager; Many thanks for my birthday cake, card and drinks during my stay – my quiet plans went out of the window!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear JMFTravels,

Thank you very much for the detailed review that you have written regarding your recent stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

I certainly welcome your feed back as it is an important part of our self-assessment in knowing we are providing the services for the most important aspect of the hotel – our guests. Furthermore, I am glad the you have chosen to spend your birthday with us and am delighted to read that we were able to create a memorable birthday experience for you.

I look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed two nights here and loved it. The hotel is not new and, in fact, was one of the first five-star properties located directly on busy Sukhumvit Road. Given its rather unremarkable location on one of Bangkok's most congested (cars and people) areas, I always thought the place was nothing exceptional.

Boy, was I wrong. The service was outstanding from check in to all departments of the hotel. The staff were helpful and always pleasant. They were obviously well trained and enjoyed working there.

Our room was a corner one, and was absolutely huge. It had a walk-in closet, a DVD player, a very large bathroom, and the bed and pillows were super soft.

I loved the fitness center. Though busy, it had every equipment I normally use.

The breakfast area in the lobby was great. Busy again, of course, but the spread was superb.

The best thing about the hotel is the location, which I originally thought as a drawback. But you can walk on the elevated walkway to the BTS, MRT and Terminal 21 mall opposite. I think the walkway was recently connected to the hotel and that made life a lot easier than pushing through crowds and vendors at street level.

I see Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is ranked No. 5 on Trip Advisor. It is a surprise for me - and most deserving.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chattan_k

Dear Chattan_k,

Thank you for your kind words and detailed review as it is very much appreciated.

Thank you for your positive feedback and I am pleased to hear that you enjoy our fitness center, breakfast, location, and our services. I would certainly concur with you that location is one of the strengths of our property for visitors who are on business or wishes to be close to the major shopping areas or entertainment. . The hotel lobby is directly connected via sky walk bridge to the sky train and just a few steps to the subway, making access to the main points of interest very easy.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel is ideally located, with a single (covered) walkway a Sky Train terminal. The same walkway also links to two large department stores which are worth exploring.
There is an underground station a short walk away too (about 200m)

Note: Hotel Reception sell pre-loaded smart cards for quick and easy travel on the public transport systems. Similar to London's Oyster cards.

The rooms are of a good size, clean and serviced well. We were a honeymooning couple and told the hotel in advance, and they gave us free cake and flowers upon arrival.
All the staff are really helpful and polite.

The pool is outdoors and surrounded by a lush garden of flowers and plants, making it feel like you are no longer in the city as you swim.

The spa is really good and we both had a Thai massage for 90mins (and the spa threw in an extra 30 mins treatment for free as a nice bonus)

Room Tip: Join the 'Starwood Preferred Guest' scheme at check-in to get an upgrade to a room on a high...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Neesieb01,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok to be part of your honeymoon trip and for taking the time to share your experience here with us.

We welcome all feedback as it is an important tool in helping us maintain our standards. The experience you shared certainly matches the level of experience that we aim for, and I will definitely share your positive comments in our next monthly associate celebrations.

We look forward to the next occasion where we can create another memorable experience with you.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I took the train from the airport to the hotel and was impressed with how convenient it was to get to the hotel. The hotel itself was exceptional on every front (though I was a bit taken aback by how much security they had at this hotel and made me wonder sometimes if they were expecting trouble which of course, made me feel a little uncomfortable).

The rooms were extremely comfortable and the breakfast was one of the best I had. The service is exceptional. I was surprised that the general manager of the hotel actually remembered our names a couple of days after he met us. Impressive!

on the flip side, though the shower is nicely designed but the shower door is not leak proof and so, it gets annoying that the bathroom gets quite wet after a shower.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces Grande Sukhumvit and do make sure you check out their breakfast.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear TravelingNut1972,

First of all may I thank all of you for staying recently with us here at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for sharing your experiences.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed amenities and services at the hotel. May I take this opportunity to explain that at certain times during the day, we do require a higher amount of Security Personnel. This is to ensure that there is a smooth flow of operations, whether it be for the flow of traffic in and out of the hotel or the assistance to our guests on the lower lobby level of the hotel. Please accept my apologies if this had made you feel uncomfortable and my team and I look forward to the pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

With the Skytrain stopping a few hundred metres away from the hotel, the location can't be any better! The staff are very friendly. Service is excellent. Rooms are very clean and fairly spacious. The only complaint would be that of a bad odour every time I came near the lobby. This was probably due to sea food served at the coffee shop near the lobby or the smell from outside the hotel. But this does not take away any points from the overall experience!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear ak_41_41,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit on your most recent visit to Thailand.

I truly appreciate the time that you have taken to highlight the areas where my Luxury Collection ambassadors have excelled and more importantly, your points of constructive criticism. Your feedback is well received and is a key item in helping us improve the level of experience that we provide to our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.