“Large, busy Hotel with new emphasis on friendly staff!”

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #9 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is busy...breakfast is busy, reception is busy, lifts are busy at peak times. Don’t stay here if you want a quiet, laid back or boutique experience. The staff here are smiling, chatty, friendly and engaging....way less formal than our last visit a few years back when no one smiled at all.
Breakfast spread is fantastic as you would expect in a large, busy and successful hotel. The ease of accessing Skytrain directly from the hotel lobby is convenient. The pool and gym are amazing. The garden surrounding the cleverly designed pool has gotten even better over the years, making for private little nooks. Cold iced water and little juice samplers provided free of charge...very like some Four Seasons I have visited. Complimentary newspaper at our door every morning.
The hotel is older now, but the quality of the original build and fitout stand the test of time. I would describe the decor as traditional classic. Everything in the room is fully functional and the room servicing and turn down service, very good. The pillows and bed as per usual great starwood standard. My husband had a lot of trouble dealing with the pull and turn shower handle making for some puddles. Lovely thick towels and plenty of hand towels and mats for both bath and separate shower. One tiny bathroom note is that the printing on the Shower gel and shampoo bottles practically illegible and required a dash out to the room to grab glasses and turn on a lamp for light! Bathroom lighting is a bit dim making putting makeup on a bit tricky, although magnifiying mirror installed. As you get older the quality of the reading lamps (excellent here) and the size and colour of the printing on the labels of the toiletries becomes an important detail! The room moisturizer is great! No in room sewing kit, a suprise in a Luxury Collection hotel...

Room Tip: Higher floor gives views but during peak times long way down in elevator!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear MargaretPowell,

Thank you for the time that you have taken to write a review for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

It is a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed the service provided by our Luxury Collection Ambassadors, the breakfast buffet at Orchid Cafe, as well as our swimming pool, a tropical oasis in the middle of the city.

However, I am concerned to read that the design and amenities of our bathroom did not meet your expectations. Although sewing kits are not available immediately in the bathroom, we do have it available upon request. Kindly let our Guest Service Officers know and we will have it ready in your room.

My team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Richard Chapman

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit was the last hotel we visited as part of our Honeymoon and one of the best choices we made.

We reserved a Grand Deluxe Room on the top floor which was beautiful and well appointed. The service received was outstanding...really outstanding. The amenities we received were plentiful and luxurious. Our option included free breakfast buffet and free cocktails every day from 6-8pm.

I would like to mention one person who was truly the highlight of guest services at the front desk. Her name is "Patcha." She was just so polite, caring and welcoming upon our arrival. I don't think our stay would have been so incredible if not for her professionalism and kindness. I believe it was her that sent us a Honeymooners Cake about an hour after we arrived...what a nice surprise to my wife that was!

We loved Barsu and the service from Ball during the Halloween Party. We tried the Italian restaurant which was amazing from food quality to service. I would not recommend Basil as much if you're looking for the 5 star experience but all other restaurants were truly exceptional.

This is a great place next to the Terminal 5 shopping center and the sky train which can take you anywhere.

Overall the Sheraton left us longing to go back. Thank you Patcha!!! =)

Room Tip: We had the Grand Deluxe Room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VenetziaOleh
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear VenetziaOleh,

Thank you very much for choosing Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit as the last leg of your Honeymoon.

I very much appreciate your kind words, detailed review, and most importantly the time that you have taken to write the review. Your feedback is well-received and recognition had been given to Ball and Patcha to recognize their efforts. At Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, we welcome all feedback as it is an important part of our self-assessment in knowing that we are providing the highest level of service to the most important aspect of the hotel - our guests.

My team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our first time here. Staff were friendly as expected. Food was great, especially the breakfast buffet! Great location, sky train is connected and a 5 min walk away. Everything was clean and well kept, if we stay in Bangkok again that's where I would go

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear 154943Shirley,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed the services provided by my team, the buffet breakfast at Orchid Cafe, and the convenience of our location. It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our renowned property during your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Now on my 15th stay here. Staff and service are consistently good to excellent. Plenty of food choice and high standards throughout. Good restaurant choices. Bar is very pleasant with regular, quality, live music, but arranged so that you can still chat without being overpowered.

Right in the central tourist area with plenty of shops (and all practicalities) within a 3 minute walk. Covered walkway to the Skytrain and MRT stations (important when in the rainy season).

Clientele are a mix of tourists, business and locals (especially for the weekend buffets) so the place is lively all day, but never feels crowded.

The only failings: TV options and quality are poor, but there is a free DVD load service, WiFi isn't the fastest (nor slowest), pool area is pleasant but not big enough to exercise in, there is no club lounge (though that doesn't bother me) and due to the popularity with the locals you have to remember to book for Sunday brunch (there is no lunch) even if you're a guest.

Dear chris_butler_uk,

Thank you for your loyalty towards Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

I certainly appreciate the time that you have taken to outline where my Luxury Collection ambassadors have excelled and your points of constructive criticism. The time you have taken to comment is appreciated and well received in assisting us to maintain the exceptional experience for which we are renowned.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Good price, good location, good service, friendly staffs, good restaurant.....
EXCELLENT ! My office is in Exchange Tower. It really easy to reach, by 10 minutes walking through a junction... Nice experiences

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear TripLover888888,

Thank you for the time that you have taken to write a review for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok.

We welcome all feedback as it is an important tool in helping us maintain our standards. The experience you shared certainly matches our customer service culture that we aim for. Your comments have been shared with the team to recognize their efforts and we all look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We spent one night here by using ROP miles, smooth contacted since reservation made until check in.

Staffs at check in, the thai lady ( couldnt remember her name, im so sorry) and one Japanese guy, they both were nice, the Japanese staff escorted us to our room which was on SPG Floor ( even though I'm just Basic member but had got SPG Floor).

Our redemption didnt include internet and breakfast so we paid upgrade for that, and got Cocktail Hours at The Living Room ( pity that there was no Executive Club, that would be nice to enjoy the drinks with beautiful view of Bangkok).

Nice to see that GM greeted all guests at The Living Room during cocktail time. The story happened there .......

I had approx. 3 drinks with cherries and the last drink, I couldnt get the last cherry which was on the bottom of the tall glass. Though i gave up, then we said ok we'd better go to bed now as we would leave early tomorrow, then i went to restroom while my husband was still there.

When I came back, I saw a glass of cherries waiting for me! My husband ( with big smile) said the staff saw i was trying to take the cherry so they prepared this for me. I was just .... WOWWWW!! this was something really simple, but you can give the big " touch" to guests.. yes you did it to us! the staffs at the Living room didnt even eager to serve, but also " delight" their service.

The next morning we came down for checking out, since the elevator opened, the staff immedaitely came to help us for luggages. My husband, who traveled lots, even mentioned this such service he had never got in any places... it was our first stay at Sheraton brand, and it was the right choice to do this.

We definitely look forward to the next visit to my homeland and another stay at the Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit, again.

Room Tip: we had got a room on the back of the hotel... Lake View and very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear SuperKung,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok on your most recent visit to Bangkok.

I am delighted to read that we were able to create a memorable experience for you during your stay with us. As part of The Luxury Collection Hotels, we continuously strive to provide each of our guest with an indigenous and exceptional experience. Your kind words have been shared with the team and they are looking forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay with us.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed here for three nights 4th-7th November, we booked the return limo service from the airport offered at a reduced rate by the hotel 3days before we travelled, our advice worth is its worth waiting for the late deal on this service. The pick up at the airport was smooth and our driver was very pleasent, check in at the hotel was easy and our passports etc were all checked once we had been shown to our room.
On the first evening we had a couple of drinks in the main bar area and the service was great although in our opinion drinks were over priced.
We ate in the evenings just outside the hotel at the New York Gardens, a group of restaurants including an authentic Thai restaurant, the conceiage service was a great source of trips to go on and helped guide us around the city and explained what we should expect to pay using local taxis etc (200baht from the hotel to the Grand Palace area)

All in all this hotel is well managed and all staff offer excellent levels if service, the room was very comfortable with great views across the city. The location for us was a great place to start our Thailand adventure and should we return we would not hesitate to come back to this hotel.

Stayed: November 2012

Dear Mark C,

Thank you very much for the time that you have taken to write a review for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and also hope that your review will be useful for future guests.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay.