“Home away from home”

Ranked #9 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Sydney, Australia
“Home away from home”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is my favourite hotel of all.
Best rooms, service and breakfast.
Close to everything, even if it is raining you can still get to both the BTS and MRT as well as many shopping centres, food outlets etc

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the lake are good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Wayne W,

Thank you for your loyalty and support for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

It is definitely a highlight to read that you continue to enjoy the amenities services provided by our Luxury Collection ambassadors. Our core beliefs are to provide each of our guests with an "indigenous and exceptional" experience, and I am glad that you continue to experience it during your stays with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

With Kind Regards

Richard Chapman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We (me, wife, and 10 year old boy) recently stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks while taking care of some dental needs. This was the 3rd time we have stayed here. Once again, the team at Sheraton Grande did not disappoint. As we had opted for on previous occasions, our package included breakfast (you will not find a more comprehensive and luxurious breakfast buffet anywhere!), butler service, internet, free drinks during the early evening, and much, much more.

The location is perfect for anyone wanting to be within the sprawl and urban excitement of Bangkok. You will never get bored around the Asoke area! Having a direct walkway through to the BTS train service also means that you don't have to think about the hassle of finding a taxi. The walkway extends to Terminal 21 shopping centre (which we love for the food courts and the cinema).

The hotel pool area is simply amazing. You instantly forget you are in the middle of South East Asia's version of Manhattan. Instead you are transported into a lush tropical hideaway with a calming and cool environment. It has to be seen to be believed.

What else makes this hotel different from all the others? The attention to detail from staff at this hotel are what makes this property outstanding. For example, it happened to be my birthday while we were in Bangkok, After a day out sightseeing we returned to find a gorgeous chocolate birthday cake and birthday card beautifully presented in our room. At other times, plates sampling the delights from the many hotel kitchens would be waiting for us. As before, most of the staff knew us from previous visits and welcomed us as though we were old friends.

If you are going to Bangkok, you will not find a better place to stay.This place makes other properties seem sub-standard and in a city which is world-renowned for its 5* hotels and value for money, this hotel is at the top of its game.

Room Tip: Go for a corner room for little more space.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Duge
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Duge,

Thank you for the time that you have taken to write a review for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

I am delighted to read that you continue to enjoy your stay with us and the service provided. We take great pride in the level of service we offer to our guests, and continuously strive to improve everyday. Your kind words are definitely an encouragement for us, and I am also glad that we were able to create a memorable experience for you during your birthday.

My team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back during your next visit.

Haymarket, Virginia
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Had some issues finding the right SPG plans and Richard, the GM, was of immense help.

The hotel and rooms were awesome, very courteous staff.

The hotel is right next to Asoke BTS (metro train).

The hotel is right between the nightlife areas, Nana and Soi Cowboy, all within walking distance.

Definitely recommended!

Room Tip: Make sure you get the breakfast package, works out cheaper!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank luvdodo
Dear luvdodo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

We welcome all feedback as it is an important tool in helping us to maintain our standards and the experience you shared certainly matches our customer service culture that we aim for. Your kind words have been shared with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is my second stay at this property, and every good thing I said before remains true today.

I wanted to especially mention the checkin experience on this most recent stay, which was superior to any other... ever. During the airport transfer from the airport, the driver handed me a folder with all my details and asked me to review and sign. Two minutes before arriving at the hotel, the driver called the reception and there was someone waiting to escort me immediately to the room… no checkin desk required. Once in the room, my creditcard details were recorded and that was it… checkin complete! So impressive.

Also… the dinner buffet is AMAZING.

A great hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear manasicaje,

Thank you for you loyalty towards Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

It is with thanks that I reply as my team and I are grateful for the compliments that you have written. We thank you for the kind words as we continuously strive to provide our guests with an incomparable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another incomparable stay.

Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Had diner at "The Living Room" at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. The atmosphere is fantastic, the seats are very cozy and comfortable. Staff extremely friendly and the music is great. The cocktails are strong and do come with some nice snacks and bites.
The most beautiful things is that you can order any food from the 3 restaurants (Thai, Italian or International kitchen). So some people on our table had Italian food, another one was eating Thai food and myself , i was eating a beautiful tenderloin steak . Where else can you eat like this ??
And the quality was just great, or even "The best"

Room Tip: Become member of SPG and you get room on higher floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Vandender,

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit with us.

It is of my greatest pleasure to read that you had enjoyed your time with us here as well as the food and service provided at The Living Room. Your kind words have been shared to the team at The Living Room to recognize their efforts and they are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

This was my 7th time at the hotel. Except for a minor mishap in billing, the service was great. The hotel has nice finishes and is very well maintained. The pool is inviting although the water is a little cold. I think warmer pool water would be a better fit for the lush tropical setting.The restaurant choices are expensive although there is 8 story mall next to the hotel with many affordable restaurants. I am usually able to use Starwood points for my room.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear DanielG12,

Thank you for the time you have taken to outline where my Luxury Collection ambassadors have excelled and your points of constructive criticism for other areas in the hotel.

The time you have taken to comment is appreciated and well received in assisting us to maintain the exceptional experience for which we are renowned.

I look forward to welcoming you back Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, if and when you return to Bangkok in the future.

Doha
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I went to Bangkok on business in August 2012, and stayed at the Sheraton for 7 nights. I can safely say it's one of the best hotel experiences I've had. The hotel is well-staffed and has excellent customer service. At the wonderful rate of $140/night I also got free breakfast and internet.

The staff checked me in quite quickly. I ordered room service often, the food quality was excellent and the service was fast. Their breakfast buffet has a good, international selection of food. The hotel location is excellent. There's a bridge connecting the hotel to the BTS (Bangkok Transport System - overground metro), as well as a mall called Terminal 21 (great independent stores as well as 2 floors of restaurants). I didn't use all the facilities, but the pool looks nice (albeit shallow), and the hair salon is kind of iffy. This didn't bother me much because anything I needed was within walking distance.

I would definitely recommend this place, and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a starwood membership before arriving at the hotel in order for you to get a room on their starw...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear hendfakhroo,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your most recent visit to Bangkok.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed the 7 nights that you spent at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. Our biggest asset is our people and I am proud on a daily basis that our associates deliver as per your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, in the near future for another memorable stay.

Kind Regards,