“Great place to stay”

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #8 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Had some issues finding the right SPG plans and Richard, the GM, was of immense help.

The hotel and rooms were awesome, very courteous staff.

The hotel is right next to Asoke BTS (metro train).

The hotel is right between the nightlife areas, Nana and Soi Cowboy, all within walking distance.

Definitely recommended!

Room Tip: Make sure you get the breakfast package, works out cheaper!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank luvdodo
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear luvdodo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

We welcome all feedback as it is an important tool in helping us to maintain our standards and the experience you shared certainly matches our customer service culture that we aim for. Your kind words have been shared with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Richard Chapman

Write a ReviewReviews (3,814)

Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is my second stay at this property, and every good thing I said before remains true today.

I wanted to especially mention the checkin experience on this most recent stay, which was superior to any other... ever. During the airport transfer from the airport, the driver handed me a folder with all my details and asked me to review and sign. Two minutes before arriving at the hotel, the driver called the reception and there was someone waiting to escort me immediately to the room… no checkin desk required. Once in the room, my creditcard details were recorded and that was it… checkin complete! So impressive.

Also… the dinner buffet is AMAZING.

A great hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear manasicaje,

Thank you for you loyalty towards Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

It is with thanks that I reply as my team and I are grateful for the compliments that you have written. We thank you for the kind words as we continuously strive to provide our guests with an incomparable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another incomparable stay.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Had diner at "The Living Room" at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. The atmosphere is fantastic, the seats are very cozy and comfortable. Staff extremely friendly and the music is great. The cocktails are strong and do come with some nice snacks and bites.
The most beautiful things is that you can order any food from the 3 restaurants (Thai, Italian or International kitchen). So some people on our table had Italian food, another one was eating Thai food and myself , i was eating a beautiful tenderloin steak . Where else can you eat like this ??
And the quality was just great, or even "The best"

Room Tip: Become member of SPG and you get room on higher floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Vandender,

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit with us.

It is of my greatest pleasure to read that you had enjoyed your time with us here as well as the food and service provided at The Living Room. Your kind words have been shared to the team at The Living Room to recognize their efforts and they are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

This was my 7th time at the hotel. Except for a minor mishap in billing, the service was great. The hotel has nice finishes and is very well maintained. The pool is inviting although the water is a little cold. I think warmer pool water would be a better fit for the lush tropical setting.The restaurant choices are expensive although there is 8 story mall next to the hotel with many affordable restaurants. I am usually able to use Starwood points for my room.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear DanielG12,

Thank you for the time you have taken to outline where my Luxury Collection ambassadors have excelled and your points of constructive criticism for other areas in the hotel.

The time you have taken to comment is appreciated and well received in assisting us to maintain the exceptional experience for which we are renowned.

I look forward to welcoming you back Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, if and when you return to Bangkok in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I went to Bangkok on business in August 2012, and stayed at the Sheraton for 7 nights. I can safely say it's one of the best hotel experiences I've had. The hotel is well-staffed and has excellent customer service. At the wonderful rate of $140/night I also got free breakfast and internet.

The staff checked me in quite quickly. I ordered room service often, the food quality was excellent and the service was fast. Their breakfast buffet has a good, international selection of food. The hotel location is excellent. There's a bridge connecting the hotel to the BTS (Bangkok Transport System - overground metro), as well as a mall called Terminal 21 (great independent stores as well as 2 floors of restaurants). I didn't use all the facilities, but the pool looks nice (albeit shallow), and the hair salon is kind of iffy. This didn't bother me much because anything I needed was within walking distance.

I would definitely recommend this place, and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a starwood membership before arriving at the hotel in order for you to get a room on their starw...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear hendfakhroo,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your most recent visit to Bangkok.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed the 7 nights that you spent at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. Our biggest asset is our people and I am proud on a daily basis that our associates deliver as per your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, in the near future for another memorable stay.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Sheraton Sukhimvit is more of a business hotel and is in the heart of the business and retail hub. But can be a good stop over if you plan to spend a day or two in Bangkok before proceeding to any other location in Thailand. The property is very well managed, staff extremely courteous and the breakfast spread is fantastic. I usually step out for dinner with some friends/ colleagues and there are lots of great places within walking distance from the Sheraton.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Arungopal,

Thank you for sharing your experience through TripAdvisor.

The voice of our customers is critical for us in maintaining our high standards and the experience you shared certainly matches what we aim for. Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and my team and I look forward to the next occasion where we will be able to provide a memorable experience for you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Myself and my friend had a super time here in September. We had booked a deluxe lake view room. Service was fantastic throughout our stay and the hotel is as grand as it's name suggests with really excellent amenities. Our room was very spacious and the bathroom was really great too. I loved the walk in wardrobe which doubled as a changing room as we were two girlfriends sharing a room. I slept like a baby. The hotel also allowed me an early check in following a 17 hour flight from Dublin.

Highlights - our meal in the Thai restaurant (the best of the holiday - nearest comparison was Banyan Tree in Ko Samui), the jazz band (we went twice), the warm greetings from Chokchai, having a bit of a dance in the nightclub (what fun!), the gorgeous lifts with plants in them, the private pool, A1 service without fail, every time...

Trying to think of critical things, there are none really apart from when I had a facial the room in the spa was a bit chilly, but of course I could have said so during my treatment

So the verdict - we will return for sure.

Separately, we ended our holiday at the Shangri - La in Bangkok and regretted that we had not returned to the Grande Sheraton, service was disappointing at the Shangri La and it missed a lot of the touches that made the Grande Sheraton special..I'm also an SPG member so I learned my lesson - stick to what you know!

Room Tip: Go for a lake view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear ThelmaDublin_Ireland,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit with us.

I am pleased to read about the positive interactions you had during your stay and the experience you shared certainly matches our customer service culture that we aim for. Furthermore, I am delighted to learn that the meal at basil, live jazz, and your experience at BarSu exceeded your expectations. I will certainly provide recognition to the Chokchai and the team to recognize their efforts and I am sure that they are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

WIth Kind Regards,