Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #9 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is long overdue review.
I traveled extensively to Bangkok in 2009-2011 and always stayed in this hotel. Staffs were great, always helpful with their smiles, even apologized when room upgrade was not available. The breakfast was excellent; the buffet dinner was good too. Location was excellent, there were plenty of good restaurants nearby, there was BTS station just outside the hotel that'll take one to the city. MRT station was just 10 minutes walk.
TIPS: if the taxi driver does not know where the hotel is, ask them to go to Soi Cowboy and once arrive look out for the hotel sign on the building and direct him there. Always worked :D

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear OrangIndo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

It is my pleasure to read that you have enjoyed our location, facilities, services and most importantly, our Luxury Collection ambassadors. We thank you for your feedback and constantly strive to provide all our guests with an incomparable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit in the near future!

Richard Chapman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The staff are the ones that make this place great. The location is close to nana st and other popular tourist destinations. The rooms are dated and not as trendy as other hotels. We got upgraded to a suit because of SPG platinum status which we really appreciated.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear whslc,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for sharing your experience.

I certainly agree with you that the staff is truly our greatest asset and they are the differentiating factor for us. I would also like to take this opportunity to inform you that we will soon embark on a major renovation of our guestrooms to give it a more contemporary look.

My team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to our renowned hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is very convenient as it links directly to the sky train and the new shopping centre terminal 21. The hotel is good, rooms are nice and clean. Breakfast is good. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Azleeb,

Thank you for the time that you have taken to review our hotel.

It is of my great pleasure to read that you have enjoyed the convenience our location, our breakfast as well as the services provided by my Luxury Collection ambassadors. We are definitely fortunate to have a pedestrian bridge access that connects the hotel lobby to the sky train station, making access to different parts of the city much more convenient.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This hotel consistently delivers true five star service. Check in is fast and professional which is especially appreciated after working in the remote Laos for weeks on end, or just arriving after a long flight. Also, if booked on the internet get special rates with breakfast and intenet included. Small details with no added cost or grief such as choice of pillows, fruit on arrival in your room. The breakfast selections are vast, and high quality. Relaxing by the pool is a must after a visit to a well equipped gym. Want to relax in the evening before going out later for shopping or people watching, the jazz bar makes a mighty fine Martini. This place never has disappointed me; a true gem!

Room Tip: Starwood Rooms above floor 20 have great views of Sukhumvit Rd.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear pjriccio,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit on your most recent visit to Bangkok.

I am pleased to read of your positive feedback from your recent stay with us and also delighted to know that you have enjoyed our breakfast selection, swimming pool as well at The Living Room, our renowned jazz venue. Your kind words will definitely be shared with the team to recognize their efforts.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, for another memorable stay in Bangkok.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels around the world, and when I read the reviews I decided to stay here. I was not disappointed. The room is one of the largest I have stayed in and was immaculate and overlooking a lake on a high floor. I found the staff to provide a high quality attentive service without being intrusive. This hotel is also just over the road for some quick shopping. It was a good location for pickups on tours as well. Another highlight is the quality of the food in the restaurants - especially the Mango sticky rice!
The Spa also did not disappoint - good for a massage although a little more pricey.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear MelissaF747,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

Here at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, we strive to provide exceptional customer service to all our guests and your comments definitely matches what we aim for. I was also happy to read that you enjoy our food, location and the spa. Your kind words have been shared with our team to recognize their efforts and we all look forward to the next opportunity to be of service to you.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Honeymoon for 6 nights. Grand inside, stunning rooms, impeccable service, food prep & hygiene 2nd to none. This would have been the best hotel we have ever stayed in. We paid for the mercedes pickup at airport and drop off, fabulous! Paid for Premium package which includes, butler, laundry, drinks from 6-8pm and breakfast. Drinks in the Living Room lounge were complimentry and amazing choice, cocktails, spirits, wines etc. Service incrediable, staff very friendly and geniuenly look happy. They remembered our orders and preferences for food. The pool area is simply draw dropping, peaceful secluded, tropical and clean. I didnt want to leave here, and best part was the Shift Managers would speak to guests, and they would also help staff clean up tables. Its the only true 1st class hotel I have ever stayed in. After a horrible trip to phuket (review written) any hotel manager should spend 2 days at this hotel to learn what service and being a hotel manager is all about. I cannot wait to return to this hotel and I am planning future trips with this hotel chain as our room only cost about $380 australian dollars a night with all inclusions. I hope to treat my mother to this particular hotel in Bangkok for her birthday as she deserves nothing but the best. Truely amazing.. Dont stay anywhere else..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brandyloons
Dear brandyloons,

Thank you very much for choosing Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit for your honeymoon trip.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoy our food, swimming pool, and our services. Our staffs are truly our biggest asset as you mentioned and I’m sure they appreciate the recognition that you have given to them.

We look forward to welcoming you and your mother back to Bangkok for another incomparable stay.

Durban, South Africa
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Having stayed at SGS on several occasions,
I can confidently say that the level of service and amazing hospitality is high and increasingly commendable.
I was met at the airport by the SGS representative who ushered me the waiting transport to the hotel.
The limousine also had wifi - the instant connection was great.

On this occasion, by courtesy of the Hotel Manager Mr.Tomo Kuriyama,
I was appointed my stay in the new prototype room.
The room was a refreshing surprise.
The already spacious room was made to feel even larger with mirrors on window end to create a sense of 'double volume'.
The fridge is taken off the floor and streamlined with the tea/coffee station cupboard which blends into the TV console.
This, together with accent lighting behind the wall unit created a soft ambiance.
A very comfortable curved couch has replaced the wing back chair.
Electronics such as bedside clock is iPhone/iPod friendly.
Fast internet and wifi over multiple devices.
The bathroom was also well updated, plus a 'memory shower' facility that remembers your favorite water temperature :)
For those who timidly test showers - (yes they can be so unpredictable) - will appreciate the lack of surprises.

The Jazz Band in the Living Room Bar is world class, cocktails, snacks and friendly service a perfect welcome to the evening.
The General Manager Mr.Richard Chapman is often seen chatting with guests and keeping tabs on their hotel experiences.
I have had the pleasure of meeting Mr.Chapman on several occasions.
I am always impressed on how he, together with his dedicated team provide such a sterling calibre of service.

Of course there is much more to SGS, than I've mentioned, like the the high standard gymnasium with various classes and health programs,
the tranquil pool area, the Library, and the fun party Barsu Bar downstairs.
The variety at the breakfast buffet is breathtaking - all appetites are taken care of.

Cheers to SGS - where everybody knows your name...

Touch sad to leave, but I'll be back :)
Comac77

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Comac77
Dear Comac 77,

Thank you for your continuous support and loyalty for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

It is definitely a highlight for hoteliers to see returning guests like yourself and I am honored to hear that my Luxury Collection ambassadors were able to enhance your trip and make it much more memorable. Furthermore, it is of my great pleasure to read about the compliments you have written for our facilities, services, and very importantly, our prototype room.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you home soon.