“Absolutely 1st class, Hands down.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #9 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Perth, Australia
“Absolutely 1st class, Hands down.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Honeymoon for 6 nights. Grand inside, stunning rooms, impeccable service, food prep & hygiene 2nd to none. This would have been the best hotel we have ever stayed in. We paid for the mercedes pickup at airport and drop off, fabulous! Paid for Premium package which includes, butler, laundry, drinks from 6-8pm and breakfast. Drinks in the Living Room lounge were complimentry and amazing choice, cocktails, spirits, wines etc. Service incrediable, staff very friendly and geniuenly look happy. They remembered our orders and preferences for food. The pool area is simply draw dropping, peaceful secluded, tropical and clean. I didnt want to leave here, and best part was the Shift Managers would speak to guests, and they would also help staff clean up tables. Its the only true 1st class hotel I have ever stayed in. After a horrible trip to phuket (review written) any hotel manager should spend 2 days at this hotel to learn what service and being a hotel manager is all about. I cannot wait to return to this hotel and I am planning future trips with this hotel chain as our room only cost about $380 australian dollars a night with all inclusions. I hope to treat my mother to this particular hotel in Bangkok for her birthday as she deserves nothing but the best. Truely amazing.. Dont stay anywhere else..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brandyloons
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear brandyloons,

Thank you very much for choosing Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit for your honeymoon trip.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoy our food, swimming pool, and our services. Our staffs are truly our biggest asset as you mentioned and I’m sure they appreciate the recognition that you have given to them.

We look forward to welcoming you and your mother back to Bangkok for another incomparable stay.

Richard Chapman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Having stayed at SGS on several occasions,
I can confidently say that the level of service and amazing hospitality is high and increasingly commendable.
I was met at the airport by the SGS representative who ushered me the waiting transport to the hotel.
The limousine also had wifi - the instant connection was great.

On this occasion, by courtesy of the Hotel Manager Mr.Tomo Kuriyama,
I was appointed my stay in the new prototype room.
The room was a refreshing surprise.
The already spacious room was made to feel even larger with mirrors on window end to create a sense of 'double volume'.
The fridge is taken off the floor and streamlined with the tea/coffee station cupboard which blends into the TV console.
This, together with accent lighting behind the wall unit created a soft ambiance.
A very comfortable curved couch has replaced the wing back chair.
Electronics such as bedside clock is iPhone/iPod friendly.
Fast internet and wifi over multiple devices.
The bathroom was also well updated, plus a 'memory shower' facility that remembers your favorite water temperature :)
For those who timidly test showers - (yes they can be so unpredictable) - will appreciate the lack of surprises.

The Jazz Band in the Living Room Bar is world class, cocktails, snacks and friendly service a perfect welcome to the evening.
The General Manager Mr.Richard Chapman is often seen chatting with guests and keeping tabs on their hotel experiences.
I have had the pleasure of meeting Mr.Chapman on several occasions.
I am always impressed on how he, together with his dedicated team provide such a sterling calibre of service.

Of course there is much more to SGS, than I've mentioned, like the the high standard gymnasium with various classes and health programs,
the tranquil pool area, the Library, and the fun party Barsu Bar downstairs.
The variety at the breakfast buffet is breathtaking - all appetites are taken care of.

Cheers to SGS - where everybody knows your name...

Touch sad to leave, but I'll be back :)
Comac77

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Comac77
Dear Comac 77,

Thank you for your continuous support and loyalty for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

It is definitely a highlight for hoteliers to see returning guests like yourself and I am honored to hear that my Luxury Collection ambassadors were able to enhance your trip and make it much more memorable. Furthermore, it is of my great pleasure to read about the compliments you have written for our facilities, services, and very importantly, our prototype room.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you home soon.

SF
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I really couldn't find anything wrong with this hotel: everything was absolutely spot on. A six-day business trip was made luxurious and comforting thanks to a very courteous, helpful staff and excellent accommodations. The staff was kind enough to give me a really early check-in and also a late check-out. My room felt like a suite, with a proper closet and a large bathroom: the pillows made it impossible for me to get out of bed. The location is superb: right in the middle of Sukhumvit, and linked by a short bridge to the Asok station BTS that'll zip you to a dozen places. The new Terminal 21 mall is right across the main road, as is the very entertaining Soi Cowboy. Breakfast was a daily feast, one of the best I've had. Wifi seemed expensive, but staff was again kind enough to waive it for me as I was traveling with a group. It's a good hotel that makes a business trip seem like a vacation. Recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BaggageClaim
Dear BaggageClaim,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit with us.

The voice of our customers is an essential key in helping us maintain our standards and I am glad that we were able to make such an impact to your trip. Your words of compliments have been passed on to the team to recognize their efforts.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another memorable stay in Bangkok.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

While on business to Bangkok I have stayed also at the Peninsula and Shangri-La and Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is of course on par with these. Service and check-in was superfast. I arrived early and accepted a room that was not on SPG-level just to get into the room and shower.

However, during the first night there were some disturbing guests in the room next to me, but I thought it was a one off and did not complain. However, during the 2nd night it got a lot worse and I called the reception to put an end to this. It took three reminders and half a night awake before it got quiet. I understand that Sheraton have to cater for all guests, but these group of young men should have been evicted. I missed breakfast, but was given lunch instead and a new room, but I lost some important hours. It is difficult, but at a hotel like this it should be a zero-tolerance for this sort of behaviour and I should not have been kept awake for 3 hours until it was fixed.

Jazzbar is excellent! Would I stay here again, yes.

Room Tip: High floor for view!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear ptojars,

May I thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit on your most recent visit to Bangkok and for sharing your experience.

I am very concerned to read about the incident you had with the noise disturbance. It is certainly not the ideal first impression and for this, I sincerely apologize. Our Front Office Team has been reminded to take greater care of the allocation of rooms in order to avoid the recurrence of such incidents.

Once again, I would like to reiterate my apologies and look forward to the next opportunity where we can welcome you back to remedy the poor impression created on your recent visit

sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Let's start at the beginning. I booked the VIP service which greeted me near the cabin door of the aircraft and was greeted by the hotel staff and was taken in a "golf buggy" to the Immigration Express desk, luggage retreived in less than 5 minutes, sailed through customs, a car waiting, completed necessary paper work in the car and upon arrival at the hotel was taken straight to my room, a Grand Deluxe Room. Unbelievably efficient.

The room itself was very spacious, the decor perhaps a little dated but everything in immaculate condition. The service at all levels was exemplory. Very efficient and always friendly. Housekeeping excellent. I would ring for my room to be made up prior to going to breakfast and it was frequently completed by the time I returned.

The pool area is an absolute delight. Spacious and the pool itself quite large and a wonderful tropical atmosphere. Some people have described the pool area as "small". My only advice is to do a tour (as I did one afternoon) of the pools in some of the newer and indeed older hotels (eg Intercontinental, Okura Presitige, Sofitel So, St Regis, Grand Hyatt Erawan) and compare the Sheraton pool for size. The only better one I saw was the Siam Kempinski.

In summary I want to leave readers of this review with a very clear message; this hotel is a very smooth operation.

Room Tip: The Grand Deluxe room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear brodereck,

Thank you for your kind words and detailed review regarding your recent stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed the efficiency of our VIP Airport Service, our swimming pool and the services provided by our Housekeeping team. Your positive feedback have been passed on to the team to recognize their efforts and I am sure that they will be delighted to welcome you back for another incomparable stay at our renowned hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Efficient check in, nice spacious room, right next to a mall and Asok skytrain station. In fact you can walk into the skytrain station from within the hotel, never needed to step down to the road level, except while during checkin and checkout!

I absolutely loved the lunch buffet, both the spread and quality. Did the in room breakfast, must say I am yet to taste a better breakfast. What a waffle!! Perfectly light, crisp yet soft...Yum.

We attended the New Year dinner at the poolside restaurant too - They were able to provide us with a table at the last minute since we were SPG elites. Lovely sea food spread - and sushi on tables carved out of nice. Nice band too. A chef noticed my husband (vegetarian) wasn't eating very much, and sent him specially made Indian veg food! That was special.

The waiters and the room service was always with a huge smile and quick and efficient.

Cant think of a single thing to complain about :) I miss that waffle :(

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Riddhi_ontheroad
Dear Riddhi_ontheroad,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit during the past Festive Season.

I am pleased to read about the positive interactions you had during your stay as well as the positive experience at the New Year's Eve Dinner at The Sala. We are indeed fortunate to have a sky walk bridge which directly connects the hotel lobby with the BTS skytrain station and the subway station being just a few steps away.

Your compliments have been shared with the Food & Beverage team to recognize their efforts. They are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the waffle during breakfast and that the team were able to provide you and your husband with a memorable dining experience. More importantly, special recognition has been given to Chef Janmejoy Sen, our master of India's culinary arts, who is an essential ingredient for unforgettable Indian cuisine at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit for another incomparable stay.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I frequent this Hotel a lot. The staff are extremely efficient and friendly.

If you like Jazz and an excellent Sunday brunch, this is the place to go, the food is excellent,
and the staff are very professional and extremely friendly.

I send a lot of visiting business colleagues to this Hotel, because Douglas Ozanne the manager in charge, treats them well and ensures to them a memorable visit to Bangkok.

As a business man, this is a big plus for me, since I naturally take the credit when things go well for my clients.

I would highly recommend this Hotel to business people who have foreign clients visiting Bangkok. I find it much easier doing business with happy clients.

Room Tip: The rooms are excellent, for a relaxing night-cap try the Library Bar. The staff are wonderful, frie...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear alavna,

Thank you for the time that you have teak to write a review and I certainly appreciate your continuous support for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

It is definitely a highlight for hoteliers to see returning guests like yourself and more importantly, to hear that you also send business colleagues to experience our hotel. I certainly agree with you that The Living Room is the perfect choice to unwind your day. Every evening, The Living Room plays host to world class musicians who plays the hottest jazz in town. Furthermore, live jazz is also performed during our renowned Sunday Jazzy Brunch, allowing guests to savor an enticing selection of international cuisine complemented by the right jazz tunes.

Furthermore, I have passed your compliments to Douglas Ozanne, The Grande Club's Director, who highly appreciates the recognition that you have given him.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your guests back to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit for numerous incomparable stays to come in the near future.