“People make the difference!”

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #9 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“People make the difference!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just finished my stay of two nights at the old but very convenient Sheraton Grande in Bangkok. Hotel has probably one of the best locations in BKK right at the intersection of the BTS Sky Train and the subway.

Check-in was a bit crowded but staff was very attentive to make up for it. Got an upgrade to a Grande Suite with lakeview, sounds funky but is actually two rooms that are connected, one has a bed the other one is decorated as a living room. Nothing wrong with having more space, but the layout feels weird at best and could be much better organized. Room lacks flair and has a very consistent Sheraton design, hence not the hotel for people interested in cutting edge hotel room design. The lobby and restaurant are much better designed and really give this property a great front.

What the property lack in design and somewhat old rooms it makes up with its people. I stay about 200 nights a year in hotels and I have seen lots of good 5 star properties. The staff here is truly outstanding and extremely friendly and helpful. This hotel has probably very good training and has its managers working by example. Amazing quality that other SPG properties should take a benchmark!

Other plus factors are the beautiful sauna area, the nice Thai-style pool, the many options for breakfast and evening cocktails.

Negative points, the shower faucet was not what I expect in a 5 star hotel, but workable for two nights and I got no newspaper in the morning. Other than that everything was very good.

Check out was a breeze and fostered the excellent overall image I have got during my 2 nights here!

Room Tip: the higher the better, become a SPG member
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
SGSGM, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear Fernlicht,

Thank you for your kind words and detailed review as it is very much appreciated.

I am pleased to read that you had enjoyed the services of our Luxury Collection Ambassadors, The Grande Spa, your breakfast and the evening cocktails. However, I was concerned that not every aspect you your stay met your expectations. These points have been brought up to the concerned departments to ensure that appropriate follow-up can be taken.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Richard Chapman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Doha
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is lovely- we were able to start the check in process on route from the airport as our hotel driver had the forms for us to fill out. On arriving at the hotel we were met at the door and taken straight to our suite to finish the check in. Our connecting suite had everything that we needed- lots of space. One of the biggest selling point of the hotel is it's location ( it was one of the main reasons we chose it) the hotel is connected directly to the main sky train, 5 mins from the metro and directly opposite a fantastic shopping mall- district 21. The concierges that we spoke to were able to answer all our questions without fault or hesitation. We ate in a couple of the restaurants in the hotel and cannot recommend the Italian "rossini's" high enough .it is one of the nicest Italians I have ever had the pleasure of eating in. My 11 year old son contents it is THE nicest! we would definitely stay here again and again!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa L
Dear Lisa L,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit on your most recent visit to Bangkok.

I am delighted to read that you and your family had enjoyed your visit with us. I do agree with you that one of the main features that we have is “The Grande Connection,” a skywalk bridge that links you directly to the skytrain, a few minutes walk to the subway and leisure options such as Terminal 21.

Furthermore, I am glad that you have enjoyed your dining experience at Rossini’s, our award-winning Italian restaurant. Your compliments will be shared with our Luxury Collection ambassadors during our next monthly associates celebration.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Beautiful, quiet, great staff, amazing food, friendly, great spa at a good price, awesome views from the starwoods preferred guest floors

bad point - u have to pay quite a lot for internet!! in 2012 internet should be free, as it is in peninsula, shangrila etc .... internet is 600 baht per day - pretty expensive!! :-(

Room Tip: just book it, u cant go wrong
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear chrisatkinsdubai1,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit with us.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed the services of our Luxury Collection ambassadors and The Grande Spa. With regards to your comment about internet price, we currently offer complimentary High Speed Internet Access in all of our public areas. Should you wish to use internet in your guest room, the charge is Baht 470 per day.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit on your next visit to Bangkok.

Cambridge, MA
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I admit it, -- the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is my home when I’m in Bangkok. I’ve been coming here for over six years, now. When I checked in last week, I found a bottle of sparkling wine in my room along with a note from management pointing out that this is my 30th visit to this excellent property.

One of the reasons that this property excels is the daily involvement of senior management. I went down to breakfast one day last week, and there was the hotel’s General Manager, Mr. Richard Chapman, working in the Orchid Café at breakfast, showing guests to tables as they arrived.

As I left breakfast and walked through the lobby, I saw that a large group had arrived, and all of the bellmen were busy attending to their substantial luggage. Since the bellmen were all occupied, there would have been no one standing at the door opening it for guests and assisting newly arriving guests with their luggage,... but there was the Hotel Manager, Mr. Tomo Kuriyama, standing by himself at the main entrance, opening the door for guests as they walked through, and helping arriving guests with their bags.

This type of commitment to the guest experience from top management undoubtedly serves as a great inspiration for the staff, who always provide a wonderful and warm experience. Yes, as others have pointed out, the guest rooms would benefit from a refresh; but I understand that one is in the final planning stages now. Regardless, however, it is the staff which sets this hotel apart from the others, not only in Bangkok, but globally, as well. Thank you all.

I have a few more days left in my 30th stay here. I wonder how long it will take me to reach 50!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake and the Queen Sirikit Convention Center on the other side.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DrHFH
Dear DrHFH,

Thank you for your continuous support and loyalty for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

I highly appreciate the kind words that you have written about our Luxury Collection Ambassadors. We continuously strive to provide an exceptional experience for all our guests and your compliments is definitely a motivation for us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to your Bangkok home and also for your 50th stay, which I believe is not so far away!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I guess this Hotel offers the standard of 5 Star Hotels, however the rooms are outdated and partially ridiculous in terms of the layout. Service is great and I appreciated the somewhat cozy Gym with fairly new equipment. The two breakfast outlets offer an incredible selection of international foods which is appreciated. The staff is helpful although I had difficulties understanding them due to their accent at times. Internet however is charged extra which is not acceptable for a business hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear larsdominic,

Thank you for the time you have taken to outline where my Luxury Collection ambassadors have excelled and your points of constructive criticism. The time you have taken to comment is appreciated and well received in assisting us to maintain the exceptional experience for which we are renowned. May I also take this opportunity to inform you that we are in the process of finalizing our plans of giving our rooms a fresh look.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit in the near future.

Angeles City, Philippines
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I've been here several times with my husband .... Big selection for breakfast , Best location it's connected to bts station , love the rooms ... Best Thai food ... And they have a very relaxing pool, @ at night you can relax and enjoy at their bar n disco best hotel and I love it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear jtsoliveres,

Thank you for your support for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

I am pleased to hear that you continue to enjoy your stay with us. Your great feedback will be shared with the team and become a great motivation for us here.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Not only that the location is just perfect and that you have really everything in almost walking distance, also the hotel itself is been just a dream. The staff remembered my name upon arrival, was always around, super friendly and new the places to vistit if it came to dinner and night life hot spots. Even so that in hotel bar at street level is a real palce to be- specially on the weekend nights, there are plenty of locations just around the corner. the room / suite we got was just a wonderful retreat itself, and we enjoyed the own huge terrace covered with trees and and splending nights out here. The pool is something that nice and remarkable. A real dschungel in the city

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MKT64
SGSGM, Owner at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear MKT64,

Thank you for your continuous support for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

I am pleased to read that my team had delivered an exceptional service to strengthen the core values of ‘The Luxury Collection’ during your stay. Moreover, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our Thai-Themed Suite, location as well as the swimming pool, a tropical oasis or as you call it, a jungle in the middle of the city.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit for another memorable stay!