“Wow”

Banyan Tree Bangkok
Ranked #30 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We didn't stay at the hotel just planned to go for a drink and watch the sunset whilst in Bangkok but ended up eating, the views are breath taking if visiting Bangkok it's a must.. Food is expensive but worth it for the views. We did have a photo taken which was complimentary. So that was a nice little surprise at the end of our meal... I must add if you go men must wear long trousers we didn't no this only when we arrived but trousers are available to borrow (not very fetching though lol)

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank DeanandJayne
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear DeanandJayne,

Thank you for choosing Vertigo restaurant, and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience.

We are very happy to learn that you had a wonderful time for dinner, and thank you very much for sharing such gracious comments; it gives us energy to continue the legendary service for your satisfaction once we meet again in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience. The team and I look forward to having you back in the near future.

With best regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Hi everyone!

I normally NEVER write reviews but i went to Asia for my honeymoon and decided the service there is just amazing so i have to write reviews for the hotels that were amazing! Banyan Tree in Bangkok was AMAZING!

If you are looking for a hotel that has great service, amazing rooms, great food, bar and restaurant on the roof top! this is your hotel!

Our room was stunning! the views from our hotel were amazing!

I loved every moment of this trip - if i were to return to Bangkok i would def stay at this hotel again! I also can't get over the cost of the hotel - i booked on expedia.ca!

Cheers !
RK

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear renu k,

Thank you for choosing Banyan Tree Bangkok and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience.

It gives us great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you very much for sharing the gracious comments. We will continue to create the memorable experiences for our valued guests.

Again, thank you for choosing our hospitality and letting us know that we made your stay a special and cherished one. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

the restaurant vertigo and the moon bar are top locations at the hotel and a must for every one! and the view is amazing.
the rooms are big enough even the smallest category and we had a great river view at the 58th floor.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Dear Diana C,

Thank you for choosing Banyan Tree Bangkok, and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience.

We are very delighted to learn that your stay was a pleasant one, and thank you very much for sharing such gracious comments; it gives us energy to continue the legendary service. We are also very happy to learn that you had a great time at Vertigo and Moon Bar.

With best regards,

Reviewed July 7, 2014

So will get the negatives out of the way; swimming pool was closed due to repairs. Also we did not have hot water in our room, which they were aware of before we called them and as we were only there for one night these two issues were disappointing. Roof was also closed to to the weather but that's unavoidable.
On the positive a superior place to stay. Superior service, very clean and a beautiful tranquil place to stay. Very well stocked room with a large variety of teas/fruit bowl. Luxury. Views were fantastic. All of this outweighed the negatives. Would definitely recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear orangepepe,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

We are glad to learn that you were satisfied with our room and amenities. Your kind comments are highly appreciated. In the meantime, We are happy that your overall experience did not mar by the inconveniences you had encountered during your stay.

Thank you for you patronage and your kind recommendation. Our team will maintain our high standards and to make your future stay become a more enjoyable one.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I am a huge fan of the Banyan Tree hotel Group and as for staying at the Banyan Tree in Bangkok it is a must. There is no hustle or bustle (there is enough of that in the City). I had silence & tranquility. As a business executive I had all the amenities I needed to work and play! I stayed at the hotel for a couple of days whilst sight seeing and catching up with work colleagues that stayed in another hotel. I have got to say that I certainly got the better option. There is a medium sized swimming pool up on a terrace decked floor and most mornings i had the pool to myself, the spa looked fabulous although I didn't have any treatments. The location is excellent because you can get to wherever you need to fairly quickly. The hotel staff are super friendly and you can be sure that you will be well looked after. I would often dine on my own and Vertigo is a must as is the moon bar although there are mostly couples or groups of business travelers I didn't feel like a loner because of the wonderful service and attentive staff. You get panoramic views of the entire City at Banyan Tree. The customer service continued even after I checked out of the hotel. As for honesty, the staff went above and beyond in my search for my lost camera after I checked out. They took note of my inquiry and valued me as a customer even after I left. I think the team here in Bangkok are excellent and if you go and stay there give a warm welcome to Pitchaya Jirathumtanakul for SUPERB customer service on my behalf. A big thumbs up for the simplicity of luxury living and the certainty of executive calm. This hotel is clean, busy (without the chaos), simple in its pleasures and indulgent without flamboyance. I love the Banyan Tree Group. Thank you Bangkok team for welcoming me into your hotel so well!

Room Tip: Ask the reservations team to guide you through choice of room and you will get what you want. I was...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank SukiStar
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear SukiStar,

It gives us great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you very much for sharing the gracious comments on the room and the hotel restaurant.

Thank you also for praising our associates, your words are a great testimony of their commitment and dedication to creating memorable experiences for our valued guests.

Again, thank you for choosing our hospitality and letting us know that we made your stay special. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I absolutely loved this hotel. Exceptional service at check-in and check out. The staff was very attentive and made us feel like royalty. Our room was kept very clean and the "scent of the day" was heavenly; especially since I am quite obsessed with fragrance. Each day they had fragrance diffusers set up in the rooms and throughout the hotel - the lemongrass was my favourite. Of course, for those who may find scents a bit annoying, you don't have to light the oil warmer in your room. :) Great stuff!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear cformosa4,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Banyan Tree Bangkok and for taking the time to write a review about your experience.

Again, thank you for choosing our hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Bangkok in the near future.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stayed here 5 years ago, it was this hotel that gave us a taste for luxury travel and we haven't looked back! This time we booked a club room, and were upgraded to a club suite which was a nice surprise. Great views and extremely comfortable, one of those big beds where you can sleep like a starfish and your other half doesn't even notice!

Whilst the room décor was top notch, I did feel that the public areas of the hotel are possibly a little tired and need a bit of updating. It certainly doesn't feel untidy or uncared for, but there's an awful lot of browns, and dark wood which reminds me of traditional old English hotels that have long since had their glory days. But that's perhaps just a personal preference. The décor everywhere is quietly tasteful and calming rather than mega stylish and wow. Which considering they're one of the best spas in BK it's probably the effect they're going for.

Service on the club floor was excellent, as was the food. The only slight criticism is of the other guests...when you book the club floor you expect certain standards to be maintained by everyone, including other visitors, so when several of them turn up in flip flops, vest tops more suited to the gym and backwards baseball caps you do feel like it's not 'exclusive' and open to just anyone. I do think a better dress code should be enforced. There were also lots of families in the club lounge, which is fine, it's a great idea for them, but some of the kids were running around (one even with a small football), some were making a noise (as were several of the adults!) and it all just added to the lack of 'exclusivity' feel which a club floor is supposed to have.

We ate at Vertigo (loved it last time) because, well, you just have to don't you. Devastated to find it raining that evening so the roof was closed, but we started our meal on the next floor down at Pier 59 (which I think is normally just used for events, so quite cool to get to experience it), which was lovely. Then when it stopped raining the staff prepared the roof again and we all got to go up and finish our meal (we'd only reached the soup stage anyway) up there. Of course the views are fabulous, and the staff attentive with lovely gestures like taking and printing out a photo of us as a memento, and offering hair bobbles to the ladies when it got a bit windy (the wind is good, it cools things down!). Bit disappointed I didn't get a bag stand like last time, but perhaps they don't do this any more (and to be fair they did a great job of sorting out everything quickly after the rain they will have had more important things to thing about). We went for the summer 4 course set menu (since it was no more expensive than some of the main courses alone) and it was excellent, if not mind-blowing. That was left for the view!

On arrival we got a taxi from the airport (THB550) which was fine and so easy to get. For our departure we booked their VIP van (which for some reason was cheaper than the VIP car, even though there were just 2 of us) because it was very late a night and we just thought it would be easier. But I have to say it wasn't very comfy...the seats springs squeaked every time we went over a bump. And I think the driver was expecting a tip, which he didn't receive because the trip was so expensive to start with, and also because he expected it. At the airport we were met by a smart suited chap who took our luggage into the terminal and right up to the correct check in desk. We weren't sure if this was part of the service we'd paid for, whether he was just an attentive airport staff member, or whether we should be tipping for him. We assumed the former, and didn't tip, and this seemed to be the right thing to do. Would perhaps have been useful to know about this beforehand so we knew what was going on. Very minor thing, but I like to know where I stand.

Pool is lovely (and you're given refreshing welcome drinks when you arrive to claim your sunlounger), and the staff kindly allowed us to use the health club facilities to shower etc after we'd checked out and were waiting for our flight.

Lovely stay, definitely recommend for business, spa and those looking for a calm retreat in the frenzied city.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rena77uk
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear Conversant_Traveller,

Greetings from Banyan Tree Bangkok. It’s our most pleasure to welcome you back and to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We appreciate your gracious comments on the room and the service, especially from our Banyan Tree Club Hosts along with the dining experience at our Vertigo restaurant.

Taking this opportunity, I would also like to inform you that in our continued efforts and commitment to provide the best experience for our guests, we constantly work on upgrading different areas of the hotel in the near future.

Moreover, we feel grateful of your kind suggestion on the dress code while we are hoping that you shall not let the incident on the departure mar the perception of our hotel and please rest assure that our associates neither have any similar expectations nor the intention to make you feel uncomfortable at all. Thank you for bring the above issue to our attention and we have shared it with the concerned department to look into this matter in order to avoid any recurrences.

Once again, thank you for your patronage and your kind recommendations. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.