“Excellent excellent excellent!”

Banyan Tree Bangkok
Ranked #37 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My friend and I stayed in a two-bedroom suite. The room was incredible - the biggest suite I have ever stayed in anywhere (we counted 3 separate lounges) - great for families or friends who want to be together, but still have beautiful and spacious bedrooms to retreat into. Every detail was thought of, from incense to gifts on our pillows every night, to not one but two bathrobes to choose from.

Staff were incredibly friendly and professional. Absolutely 5 star. Despite the enthusiasm and wonderful efforts of the guest services team, I did struggle a little to organise a hotel gift for my friend, perhaps due to the language barrier. However, can't fault their willingness to help in every way.

Cocktails at the 59th floor Vertigo is a must - the most amazing views.

Best hotel gift shop I have ever seen - you can buy the beautiful bathroom accessories and products in your room. I don't normally shop at gift shops, but this one really was great.

Only suggestion would be that the pool area seemed a little small for the size and grandeur of the rest of the property (a tight squeeze for lounge chairs). Very nice though. No balcony in the 2 bedroom suite, although it was so big inside that we didn't really miss it.

Only 5-10min taxi ride from major shopping malls. Great local food and BNH Hospital only a few blocks walk.

Room Tip: Recommend Club floor rooms which have access to separate reception/guest service, breakfast buffet...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear SJC2612,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Banyan Tree Bangkok, and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience.

We are very happy to learn that your stay in a Two-Bedroom Suite was pleasant, and thank you very much for sharing such gracious comments; it gives us energy to continue the legendary service for your satisfaction

However, we apologize for the inconvenience you encountered regarding a hotel gift for your friend..

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and thank you also for your patronage of Banyan Tree Bangkok. The team and I look forward to having you back in the near future.

Nopparat Aumpa

Write a ReviewReviews (6,650)

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Our stay here was a 2 day stop in Bangkok after a beach holiday....we were greeted very warmly by the hotel staff and shown to our lovely room which was clean and very comfortable, with plenty of room. Poolside was nice, as was the staff who looked after us from the bar and spa. This was a good central location to markets and local shops and restaurants, and less then an hour to the airport. Make sure you watch the sunset and the city lights come to life from the 59th floor, Vertigo restaurant and Moon Bar...pricey, but worth it!

Room Tip: We were on the 40th floor, but asked for a room a little higher on the 45th, nice views across the c...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear toto04,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Banyan Tree Bangkok.

We are very happy to learn that your stay was pleasant, and thank you very much for sharing the very gracious comments. We will continue our legendary service for your satisfaction once we meet again in the future. We are also delighted that you had a great time at Vertigo and Moon Bar.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience. The team and I look forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

My wife and I went to stay in 2 bedroom suite with 2 deaf friend for 3 night in after trip in Krabi for 10 nights. I find this hotel looked prefect location and easy access to Patpong Night market and Silom Complex.
Staff were very nice and friendly. The receptionist helped me check in and led me to the room. In specially, Goong and Nink were fab help us as very hospitality and interact us as I'm sure that they are understand our deaf aware....
We stayed in a suite room in 16th floors. The suite was massive and clean and amazing. We had access to the lounge where you got complimentary drinks, and canapés... include fabulous breakfast buffet because we booked a suite..... Worth paying for a suite for this. You also checkin the lounge. Also fun little gifts each night in our room too
The rooftop restaurant provides beautiful views of the city. The food is amazing and the service is outstanding. It is a little expensive but worth it.
We decide to do something expereeince with Apsara cruise. Wonderful meal and also view of Chao Phraya river at night. Don't miss to bring photography with you.

In overall, I will think of Banyan Tree Bangkok would recommended to stay there in near future. As hopefully we would be back on next 3 years time......

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DKStokes S

Dear DKStokes S,

Thank you for choosing Banyan Tree Bangkok and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience.

It gives us a great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay in a Two-Bedroom Suite, and thank you very much for praising our associates. We will continue to creating memorable experiences for our valued guests.

Again, thank you for choosing our hospitality and letting us know that we made your stay special. We look forward to welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Bangkok in the near future.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stayed at the Banyan Tree for 4 nights and as this was a celebration we booked club level which was worth every penny, the suite was amazing and the complimentary drinks and canapés every evening were a great way to start the night. The staff throughout the hotel were brilliant, incredibly helpful and service was top draw. I made the hotel aware it was my wife's birthday when we arrived and we received a complimentary pudding after our dinner at Vertigo and a small chocolate birthday cake was brought to the hotel room, nice touch! Vertigo / Moon bar (roof top bar and restaurant) was unbelievable, awesome views of the Bangkok sky line but is expensive!!

This hotel is a wonderful escape from the hustle of Bangkok, the contrast is quite something. Banyan tree feels professional, relaxed and very well organised, small touches like 2 complimentary pieces of laundry, scented oil burners in every corridor and gifts every night with the turn down service make this hotel really very special.

I really wanted to give it five stars, and for those of you not as observant as my wife you probably would, it was the cleanliness of our bathroom glass surfaces, windows, shower blinds, bath, shower and stone floors which sadly let this one down a tiny bit. That said, I would not let it put me off returning to this excellent hotel, we loved our stay here!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Owen C,

It gives us great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you very much for praising our associates, your words are a great testimony of their commitment and dedication to creating memorable experiences for our valued guests. We are also very delighted to be the part of your special occasion.

Again, thank you for choosing our hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Bangkok in the near future.

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay here. From arrival till departure, all staff cater superb service to us. Room is clean. I have enough space for myself and my partner spending relaxing time looking over the nice view on 50th floor. Food I try at Saffron is unforgettable delucious. Breakfast offers wide variety. If I have a chance to come back to Bangkok, Banyan Tree will be choosen

• Stayed: April 2014
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Kate J,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Banyan Tree Bangkok and for taking the time to write a review about your experience.

It gives us great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you very much for praising our associates, your words are a great testimony of their commitment and dedication to creating memorable experiences for our valued guests. We are also delighted to learn that you enjoyed the dinner at Saffron.

Again, thank you for choosing our hospitality and letting us know that we made your stay special. We look forward to welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Bangkok in the near distant future.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed at the Banyan Tree Bangkok with family for 2 nights. From the moment I first arrived, the staff were very warm and welcoming. The room we were given was incredibly beautiful and I would definitely love to stay in it again. The food was also delicious and I especially loved the buffet at the Romsai and the wide variety it offers. The overall atmosphere at Banyan tree is very pleasant and helps you to escape the bustling city life outside.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear elena-r0driguez,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Banyan Tree Bangkok.

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a pleasant one, and thank you very much for sharing such gracious comments; it gives us energy to continue the legendary service for your satisfaction once we meet again in the future.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Undoubtedly one of the best hotels in Asia,not just Thailand. fantastic rooms, spot on rooms service, awesome breakfast and mind blowing restaurants. sometimes 2 days just doesn't seem to be enough to get all the charms of this hotel. Vertigo is on a league of its own. The staff at the spa are genuinely caring and always willing to help. Most important part is the attitude of the staff. They seem to have a soul..always willing to help and going beyond their call of duty to help. If there is any one hotel in bangkok that one can stay with family, it has to be this one.......they genuinely care

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family