“All excellent!”

Ranked #26 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
A TripAdvisor Member
“All excellent!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed at Banyan Tree Bangkok every time when I visited Bangkok because I had very good experiences at here, everything excellent, good location, good services, good staffs and ABF was excellent. I can go everywhere that I want just ask the hotel. I will back here again soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,090)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Firstly there is no free internet and wifi, in these days, even 3 star hotels offer that. Even after paying the high fee for the internet, I was shock to find that internet only available for the cable in the room only and wifi is charged separately!!! The speed is also dead slow.
The seating at the roof bar is packed elbow to elbow, and my seat is literally backed against the guy behind, very poor ambience especially the tables are just covered using a white cloth thrown over a flimsy table.

There is a supposedly good Thai restaurant in the hotel but they do not allocate tables for hotel guests which is just very very poor service compared to what i am accustomed to in other rival brands.

The hotel staffs are also not accommodating to our needs and it seems like they would only prefer to do things their way rather than to suit the needs of the guests.
The standard rooms are smallish and do not have ipod hifi system. The movie channels are also chargeable.

Overall I have a unenviable experience and would urge travellers who’s looking for 5 star hotels to try other establishments. I expected more from the Banyan label.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank zephyr888
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear zephyr888,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Banyan Tree Bangkok, and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience.

To address your comment on the Wi-Fi, I am pleased to inform you that this is something that is currently in process of upgrading and complimentary wi-fi will be soon provided for all our room and suites categories.

Our dining outlets are very popular, particularly the roof-top Vertigo and Saffron as well, the latter is our Signature Thai restaurant. Although we try our very best to accommodate each and everyone in the best of ways, both in-house and outside patrons alike, it may sometimes prove challenging during the peak time; we do apologize if any dissatisfaction was experienced during this recent stay, but hope you would give us another chance again in the future.

By telling us what we do right but, most importantly, what needs to be improved, helps us in our continuous commitment to ensure we meet the many and varied expectations of our valued guests.

Once again, we are sorry if this particular stay was not the one you had anticipated, but we genuinely hope that you would be able to overcome the disappointment and choose our hospitality again at some point in time.

With renewed apologies, and best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year, I remain

With best regards,

Nopparat Aumpa
Leics
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

We had a two night stay in the banyan tree. It's in a great location and only a 10 minute walk to the night market, and the quay for the water taxi.
The suite was what I would expect and the open air pool was just what the doctor ordered after a very sweaty day!!
My only gripe was ... We booked to eat in the vertigo restaurant for my partners birthday. He was wearing smart linen trousers and shirt but on his feet he put on his smart leather flip flops!! Trust me they are smart. As we were greeted he was told no flip flops!! We said that he only had trainers to wear apparently this was acceptable!! So he changed!! It looked ridiculous but they were happy and allowed us entry. The food and view was very good. I have no issues with rules but what im not happy about is that whilst we were there I saw numerous guests with vest tops and grubby and other inappropriate footwear!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear SammLeics,

We are happy to learn that you had an overall enjoyable stay with us and appreciate your sharing this.

However, we are sorry the learn of the the dress code issue, and we wish to apologize for that. If we may take this opportunity to explain, the purpose to have a dress code in place is to ensure a minimum of decorum. It is not always easy to meet everybody’s taste and desires particularly when it comes to dress code, because every individual is different and has different views, but we have tried to keep our dress code as simple as possible, as we do not wish to impose too many restrictions. Our dress code, in fact, has been designed at the request of the vast majority of our patrons, and as such reflects the expectations of our clientele. We also offer freshly laundered clothes, and closed shoes for gentlemen, to those who may not be attired according to dress code, as we wish for these guests to also be given the chance to experience Vertigo.

But we are glad that in the end you were ultimately able to have a great time in Vertigo and enjoy your special evening; the team and I also hope that you would not allow this one visit affect your perception of the restaurant, or the Banyan Tree Bangkok hotel, and that we would again have the pleasure to welcome you back, for an enjoyable evening at Vertigo & Moon Bar, and a most pleasant stay in the hotel.

Wishing you all the best for the holiday season, and the new year, I remain

With best regards,

Nopparat Aumpa
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here with my son and his partner in November. We were upgraded to a suite-absolute luxury.Could not fault the room.So spacious. In fact I could stay there permanently.Staff were fantastic.Nothing was too much trouble and everything was done with a smile. Breakfast was a delight-and I am a fussy eater.Only one complaint. this is the only hotel I have ever stayed in where you were not allowed to take the two pairs of 'complimentary' slippers'!!!
Would I return? In a minute.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CAMBRIDGE
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Fantastic hotel with a wonderful rooftop restaurant-not for vertigo sufferers!
Try the 7 course dinner with wines its absolutely great
Service is typically Thai & the rooms are spacious & very well appointed.
Handy for Metro & walking into the centre of Bangkok
Its a really top class hotel experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BIRDIE2Cambridge
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, This hotel was fantastic, good for business travellers but also good for the occasional traveller, the rooms were were very smart with a separate living room we had a fantastic bathroom and also a great view of the city, I would definatly recommend this hotel, it was not too far from the the city.

Room Tip: high floor and nice room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We spent two nights at the Banyan Tree en route to Koh Samui. The hotel is delighful and the staff are really nice. It was my husbands 50th birthday during our stay and a cake was left in our room on the evening which was a lovely gesture. The room itself was well equipped and spacious with a different oil burner fragrance each day. The bathroom was well stocked with products. along with robes and slippers. We unfortunatley didn't get to dine on the roof top resteraunt as it was fully booked during our stay. I would recommend that you book prior to your stay, we wish we had thought to. The hotel is a walk away from the sky train but not too taxing. There are bars an eating places quite near by and also a night market.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple