47 people are viewing this hotel
$171
Official Website
$165
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
$139
Expedia.com$171
Priceline$171
Vio.com$293
11,637 results
All reviews moon bar vertigo restaurant the club lounge saffron restaurant rooftop restaurant our honeymoon bedroom suite turn down service amazing hotel welcome drink tuk tuk lek incense floor mie 61st benz
Selected filters
Reviewed September 20, 2011

This was one experience my wife and I did enjoy. Our rooms were spacious and well laid out. The service we had from the staff was excellent, although communication was somewhat a mild problem at times. The concierge and door men were fantastic. Liked the layout and dress of staff. Restaurants were 5 star with beautiful food. The breakfast selection was also 5 star. Loved the piano and thai music being played in the lobby area. Very relaxing. The swimming pool area was to windy however the thai massages were to die for. Most enjoyable was the Gallery Shop and breakfast each day. Would recommend.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
3  Thank brian-sheppard8
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Yes, it is a Banyan Tree but the overall experience is not quite as expected. The staff are very good and helpful but the property is showing signs of age and could do with a makeover. As others have mentioned, the breakfast restaurant can get overcrowded despite valiant efforts from the restaurant staff, especially as the hotel gets plenty of tour groups who all descend for breakfast around the same time prior to leaving. The rooms are OK but showing their age - the one we were in this time had a very small bath, the tiles in the bathroom needed regrouting and the TVs were small and old-style, not flat screen.

It's the details that let the place down: for example the small pool area has about 18 sun beds and as it is rainy season in Bangkok currently it rains pretty well daily and usually late afternoon/evening. You would imagine that they would cover the sun bed mattresses or remove them, but no. Next morning you are expected to sit on a saturated mattress and when we removed the sodden mattresses to sit on the bare sun bed, the mildew on of the mattress undersides showed that they are never removed. Also, wifi in your room will cost you 16 baht per MINUTE. This is scandalous in a day and age where Internet access is a given. If guests want to sit in reception to work, they are given 2 hours per day complimentary public area wifi access. It is just not good enough.

The prevalence of transient tour groups may be indicative that this Banyan Tree is chasing a different market, given the plethora of 5* hotels in Bangkok these days. We will be back there soon (pre-booked arrangements) for what may well be our final visit. Unfortunately, this Banyan Tree does not warrant premium prices.

2  Thank Sue14
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Dear sue14,

Thank you very much for the comments you posted; we appreciate your taking the time to give feedback on your experience.

I was very sorry to hear about your disappointment over unmet expectations, however before I address the concerns you raised, please allow me to thank you for praising our associates, as we are very proud of our staff and your comments are a testimony to their dedication and professionalism.

Regarding the issues which you have highlighted in your feedback, we are aware that the restaurant where breakfast is served may at times get overcrowded and this is why guests are then escorted to the Club Lounge on 19th Floor, where breakfast is also served during periods of very high occupancies. There has clearly been a communication breakdown during your stay, as it seems that you were not informed of this, and I sincerely apologize for that, and the inconvenience caused.

As you might have seen from our response to other postings, the hotel is in the process of a soft refurbishment and maintenance in some areas, and amongst the upgrades is the installation of LED TVs in all rooms and suites. We are expecting to be able to complete the installation throughout the hotel shortly, so that all our guests will soon be able to look forward to and enjoy latest generation TV screens. With regards to the sun bed mattresses, I would like to assure you that our associates always keep them clean and dry, and particularly so in the morning and after it has rained, but I appreciate your letting me know that this may have not always been the case at the time of your stay; I will make sure we do this consistently, and will share your feedback with the team in charge of the pool area.

I wish to renew our sincere apologies if your expectations were not fully met this time, and look forward to ensuring that your next stay with us will be a most pleasant one. I would also welcome the opportunity to personally meet you, and you should please do not hesitate to contact my office to let them know when your next visit will be.

In the meantime, I remain

With warm regards,
Sriram Kailasam

Reviewed September 18, 2011

We recently stayed for 3 nights as a gift for our Honeymoon. Banyan is a stunning hotel with incredible style, staff and service. The decor and feel of the place is very relaxing and classy and a nice contrast after a day in Bangkok. The people are fantastic, so polite and genuinely want you to enjoy every aspect of your stay. Club lounge is great with free alcohol and nice food and snacks. Vertigo bar is incredible and not at all overpriced, more than in the street but 700 baht for a beer and cocktail is very fair considering the unique location and experience. Breakfast staff in the Romsai were the only slight concern but that would be really picky, there were just slight language barriers on occasions (largely my fault). Would love to come back and hopefully will do.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I returned to stay at this haven in the midst of bustling Bangkok after a gap of some years. The service is as warm and friendly as I remembered. Nat was again my shopping companion, a service which is provided by no other hotel I have stayed in. This time I indulged myself in their top suite and I must say that it was great value. Alas I never got to get on the exercise bike in the suite!

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Sl T
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Maybe we expected Banyan's hospitality was perfect. So it was very disappointed that the breakfast was very poor service.

However we stayed at the Club Floor and the staff on the club lounge floor was good service and it was cozy.

we think Its entrance to the hotel was inconvenient and its pool was very small.
We won't stay at the same baniyan tree again but would like to try another Banyan Tree sometime soon.

1  Thank Sonia401tokyo
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Dear tetete401,

I am writing in regards to the comments you posted on TripAdvisor in relation to your recent stay with us at Banyan Tree Bangkok. Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your experience.

Please allow me to apologize for an experience which did not leave you as satisfied as you had expected, and particularly for the disappointment over the service you received during breakfast. You have my reassurance that the necessary improvements will be made, as I have spoken to the team about this so that we can immediately tackle any shortfalls.

On a last note, I wanted to thank you for praising the quality of service in the Club Lounge; I appreciate your sharing this.

Tetete401, please accept our renewed apologies if your expectations were not fully met this time. I was happy to read that this one stay did not leave you with a tarnished impression of the Banyan Tree brand as a whole, and that you plan to stay in one of our sister properties some time soon. We look forward to welcoming you back to one of our Banyan Trees in the near future, and I also sincerely hope that you would one day give us at Banyan Tree Bangkok another chance to be of service to you again.

With warm regards,