Banyan Tree Bangkok
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
$54
$21
6,994 results
All reviewsmoon barvertigo restaurantthe club loungesaffron restaurantrooftop restaurantour honeymoonone bedroom suitebooked a club roomturn down serviceamazing hotelbusiness districtwelcome drinklumpini parkluxury hoteltuk tukspaincense
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Expected somehting more for a "leading hotel of the world". The hotel lacked space, as it was cramped between two other skyscrapers.

Room was ok looked newly refurbished, with good view on a high floor.

Staff was trying to be helpful but their english was not even at a basic level.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor room to enjoy the view
1  Thank DimiP
BT_Executive_Office, General Manager at Banyan Tree Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2011

Dear DimiP,

I am writing in regards to the feedback you posted on Tripadvisor in relation to your stay at Banyan Tree Bangkok. Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience.

I was sorry to learn of the disappointment with the level of spoken English of some of our associates; please accept our apologies. We are diligently trying to ensure that all our service associates have a good grasp of the language, and in fact English language training is amongst our top priorities; you have my assurance that we will continue to strive to develop our people so that they can become as proficient as both you and I expect.

It was however nice to read that you liked and enjoyed your suite, and appreciate your sharing this with us.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hospitality and we look forward to welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Bangkok in the near future.

With warm regards,
Sriram Kailasam

Reviewed May 13, 2011

We recently stayed in Bangkok on the first leg of our honeymoon, and I must say, Banyan Tree Bangkok was an excellent choice.

I had not stayed with Banyan Tree properties before, but I like a nice 5* hotel, and this seemed to be that. I was also drawn to the fact that Banyan Tree work on a number of charitable projects that help with the environment and local communities, so I felt a little better about the money we were spending on such a fab hotel.

This was a great base to explore the city from, it's far enough away from the crowds to not be overwhelmed by Bangkoks sheer volume of people, but close enough to visit everywhere you would want to (ie temples, the palace, patpong, koh San, etc, etc) taxi's are easily available and are really really cheap, so you do not have to feel that because you are staying at an exclusive address, you will be stung for it.

The best thing about this hotel has to be the staff. They are so friendly, and really give you what you would expect from Thai hospitality. It was my second time to Thailand, but my husbands first and we were not disappointed at all with this property, we will definitely return,and I really do not think that I would stay anywhere else in Bangkok.

The second best thing about this hotel, (and it's a very close second) is the moon bar and vertigo restaurant, they are so worth the visit. Get up there for sunset, and it is breathtaking! It's expensive, but worth every penny. A mojito was about £15 and a beer £6, dinner was just short of £200, which for Thailand is super expensive, but like I said, it is worth every penny,( the beef carpaccio starter is to die for).

The rooms are beautiful, the staff are amazing, the pool is cool, the amenities are perfect (I did not use my own shampoo or shower gel once!) breakfast is one if the best buffets in Bangkok, the concierge service is super helpful, and overall this is just a great place to stay. I just cannot recommend it highly enough...

Room Tip: Book a club suite, it's worth the extra
2  Thank KatieG3108
Reviewed May 9, 2011

The hotel is in a great location and is close to everything we needed in Bangkok. Vertigo is a must if you're staying at the hotel, not cheap but definitely worth every penny. The hotel is clearly geared for the business traveller though but we didn't mind as we found the hotel staff (esp concierge) to be extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms are really good and I feel I can't compliment the staff enough esp Rewat.

1  Thank LuzT
Reviewed May 8, 2011

After our very disappointing stay at the Evason in Hua Hin, I didn’t have great hopes for our 2-night stay at the Banyan Tree in Bangkok. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Great décor, service and amazing views of Bangkok. The concierge service was one of the best concierge services I have ever had to use – helpful, friendly and knowledgeable.

Only weak points were: -

1) We had to wait 50 mins at check in as our room was not ready (Check in 2pm, we arrived at 4pm)
2) We had to queue at breakfast to get a table. I don’t think the lobby restaurant is fully equipped to manage a service when the hotel is at full capacity. However, the quality of breakfast was 5-star with lots of variety and choice.
3) Hotel didn’t really go the “extra mile” with regards to our honeymoon.

Nevertheless great hotel – very pleasant stay – would return.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 44th floor - fantastic views
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2011

We stayed for just one night but wish it could've been longer. The room was gorgeous with huge bathroom. We took advantage of the cocktails and canapés in the club room and also had a lively meal at vertigo. Would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a bit of luxury in Bangkok.

• Stayed: May 2011