The Sukhothai Bangkok
Agoda.com
$170
$113
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

Dream Bangkok(Bangkok)
$482
$366
Cancelon
2,767 results
All reviewschocolate buffetthai restaurantzuk bargarden suitebeautiful hotelsathorn roadexecutive suitehealth clubbusy citycoffee machinethe banyan treebusiness districtconcierge deskf bluxury hotelpool sidefour seasons
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I spent a weekend at the Bangkok Sukhothai after a work week in Hong Kong. Overall, this is a beautiful hotel, quiet, beautiful rooms and landscaping, very peaceful in chaotic Bangkok. Hotel restaurants are wonderful, especially the breakfast and Celadon. My only complaints relate to a couple of service glitches: (i) the chauffeur was late in locating me at baggage claim; all the other hotel reps were waiting in the designated spot, but I had to call the hotel to help their pick-up representative track me down. It's frustrating to pay for a premium car service after a long flight and have to wait extra time; a cab would have been faster. (ii) the tour guide booked through the concierge arrived 45 minutes late for my morning tour. I view it as the concierge's responsibility to ensure that the guide arrives on time, and to notify my promptly if there is a delay. I arrived promptly at 8:30 and inquired about my guide, only to discover that the tour company hadn't properly registered the pick-up time. I should have been the prompt for that call; the concierge should call in advance and confirm pick-up times to avoid these sorts of issues. During a very short stay in Bangkok, this type of delay was frustrating.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank David_B60763
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed at the Sukhothai Bangkok for three nights in September 2012 at the beginning of our honeymoon. Although the hotel is beautiful, we couldn't help but feel it was a little impersonal and perhaps better suited to business travellers. After checking in we were never greeted by any members of staff by name and just didn't get the same feeling that we did at the other hotels we stayed in during our two weeks in Thailand.

We were in a Executive Deluxe Room, which was lovely. The bathroom was huge and it was beautifully decorated. The bed was huge and the bed linens luxurious. Everyday we returned to fresh chocolates and fruit. I have nothing but nice things to say about the room we were in.

We had booked a couple of meals at the hotel - a dinner at Celadon, and the Chocolate buffet in the lobby. Celadon was lovely, with an amazing atmosphere and the waiters in colonial dress. However, although the food was delicious, we paid much more here than we did elsewhere for a better standard of cuisine. The larger issue was with the Chocolate buffet. Although we had made a reservation, we had to wait in the lobby for a good ten minutes before we finally spotted someone to flag down. Once seated, no one came to our table to take our drinks/hot chocolate order for at least twenty minutes. The buffet was ok, but nowhere near what I expected based on similar experiences elsewhere. Overall, we were made to feel a little bit like we were interrupting the staff, and not like guests. A pretty big disappointment given the cost.

I may have rated the Sukhothai higher had we not stayed in such amazing hotels later in our trip. Compared to the other five-star hotels in which we stayed, we just didn't feel there was same level of service. Again this is probably because the hotel caters more to business travellers than to couples, but I wouldn't stay here again or recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: The Executive Deluxe Rooms are lovely and huge with every amenity you could want.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank birdymorgan
Reviewed June 4, 2013

One of the older established hotels of Bangkok, but still offers all the charm and friendliness of Thailand. It also sits back from the street in lush surroundings, so you don't hear all that crazy Bangkok traffic. The rooms are spacious and the staff excels at making sure your stay is one you will remember. Whether it's getting a taxi for you, making a lunch or dinner reservation, checking to see how late a store stays open, they want to ensure that every minute of your stay with them and in Bangkok is a lovely one. An added plus, you can walk right next door to the Banyan Tree and take in the city lights at their roof top bar or restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OverNextHorizon
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to learn that you were impressed by the charm of Thailand that can be found in every little detail at The Sukhothai Bangkok as well as the exclusive service from our staff.

We are looking forward to your return to The Sukhothai Bangkok in the near future.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The perfect hotel in the heart of Bangkok. Staff are there to serve, to make you welcome, to ensure a peaceful rest in this wild city. The food is superb, the pool clean, the rooms large and generously supplied with all that you need for a worry free stay. Internet access and music system just great. The best hotel I've stayed at in coming to Bangkok over a number of years. This will be the place for me for the future. Try their Spa, its one of the best.

Room Tip: Delux-room overlooking the pool is great. I suspect that you will find all the rooms are just right.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your precious review on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that you and your couple had a fantastic moment together during your stay with us. Your positive review will encourage us to continue serving the best Thai hospitality to our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Sukhothai Bangkok.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My daughter and I loved this hotel, great rooms, bathrooms, terrific linens, amazing beds with extra toppers, terrific audio facilities, wide menu. Cannot comment on the wine list because at over 40 degrees when we were there, who wanted to drink anything but an ice cold beer.

The pool is immaculate and the poolside service nonpareil !

We had no problems with air con when we were tree but I guess it was tested as the hotel was quite busy.

I would stay again but the downside here is not really about the hotel but the location. Great for a chilled holiday or break or business trip but it is a bit of a schlep (plus a haggle) to get downtown.

All in all tho' this tired and dusty traveller is staying for one last night of luxury en route London next week. Well, their laundry service is also marvellous. No one folds smalls like the Sukhothai!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your positive feedback on the accommodation and facilities, the pool, the laundry service and overall a wonderful experience during your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Sukhothai Bangkok.