The Sukhothai Bangkok
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
$55
$21
2,695 results
All reviewschocolate buffetthai restaurantzuk barbeautiful hoteldeluxe suitesathorn roadhealth clubbusy citycoffee machinethe banyan treebusiness districtluxury hotelpool sidef bfour seasonsour honeymoonceladon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 10, 2008

We stayed at the Sukhothai in Bangkok thinking it would be a fantastic location and a luxurious place to retire after a long day and night of touring the city.

ERRONEOUS! Although the service was sub-par and the room was poor with no view and a couple of queen beds pushed together, that wasn't even that bad.

After a day and night out in the city we came back to a funky odor and a fogger plugged into the wall. we went to sleep, too exhausted to call the front desk that wouldn't hear our complaints earlier in the day. During the night someone actually tried to open the door and retrieve the device. Like we didn't notice the thing sitting by the door on the way in the room!!!

Two months later...we have an infestation of bedbugs. Yeah, it could be another one of the hotels we stayed at, but the fogger has me convinced that they knew and didn't tell us.

We left the next day and will never return. I recommend you skip this place and avoid finding out the horror that is sleeping with bedbugs.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank bdobbs2
Reviewed March 8, 2008

We arrived at the Sukhithai after 21 hours of flying to being an Asian vacation. It was certainly a good idea to start there. It's a very nice place to stay, and a bit of calm in a busy and bustling city. The service is of course gracious but relaxed. The best part of the hotel is the grounds; coming back to the hotel after touring what can be a slightly stressful city is welcome. The rooms are very comfortable and well equipped. The bathrooms are wonderful, great showers! The restaurants are quite good, and we only ate in the all day dining and pool side ones. I will definitely go back if I return to Bangkok.

• Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank Volmad
Reviewed March 2, 2008

This is the best hotel in Bangkok. Modern, luxurious and very Thai. The Oriental and Peninsula may get the most attention but they fail to escape their chain roots. Though some elements of the hotel are due for a refurbishment, the Sukhothai is truly distinctive.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank Japan_Gaijin
Reviewed February 15, 2008

I spent two nites at the Sukhotai. Am in Bangkok for business and I can only say: excellent. I travel often and I've never seen such a relaxing and beautiful luxury hotel. It is not crowded, the rooms are perfect, the service is unpeccable. There are a couple of good restaurants(italian and panasian) and some local art shops. The pool is warmed and very relaxing; I've tried the spa for an amazing 1.5h swedish massage. You have also a tennis court and a well furnished gym. There are many luxury hotel in the city, also more central -but- if you are here for business or leisure this is the perfect relaxing chateau for everyone. Limo service at affordable price from and to airport. Perfect. I will stay there more - of course.Only the internet connection fee is very high. Still is a source of money for the hotels. I hope will change soon and include on the nite rate.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Achiran
Reviewed January 24, 2008

Our executive suite at the Sukhothai was the most beautiful hotel room I'd ever seen. It was our first time to Bangkok, and my experience with top class hotels is mostly limited to Japan, so I don't know how this compares with other Bangkok hotels.

The room was huge, the furnishings were luxurious, the bathroom was jaw-dropping, and the bed was out of this world. The breakfast was beyond compare. The lobby even smelled of flowers (in a good way!) The staff were friendly and helpful.

The hotel is in a nice area, near a night market and a subway stop (we didn't take the subway though).

I would definitely return, but only for a couple of nights. The prices are too high for us for a longer stay.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple