“World Class”

Ranked #8 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Cheshire
“World Class”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed on route to Thailand, the Hotel was just simply amazing, as a very opinionated fussy traveller, I could not find or fault one thing wrong. The rooms are outstanding (request higher level) we were on 33, we had lunch at the pool, and spent a few hours on the sun beds which was amazing. We also hired a little speed boat 900 THB to see the river and the canals where you see a different side of things. An amazing stay - Thank you

Room Tip: High view, upgrade if possible
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Peninsula_BK, Assistant Food and Beverage Manager at The Peninsula Bangkok, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear absolutevenues,

Warmest greetings from The Peninsula Bangkok.

Thank you for your kind comment pertaining to your recent stay with us. It was a great pleasure to know that you have thoroughly enjoyed your leisure time by The River of Kings and has utilised our lavish outdoor pool facilities.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Marco Schuchter
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (766)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The Peninsula Hotels are the best hotels worldwide, and I always argue against everyone else who thinks differently. Every single hotel is incredibly luxurious, with the best service you could ever imagine. Since 2003, I have stayed at the Peninsula Bangkok at least eight times (too many to count!), and I keep finding reasons to come back once every year or two. Situated by the Meijiang river, this hotel boasts the best Cantonese and Thai cuisines in Bangkok. A few years ago, I took the peninsula academy program on introductory Thai cuisine with the executive chef of Thiptara. He was so wonderful and I felt honored to be taught by him. The best dishes I feel at Thiptara are the Pad Thai and the Beef Satays, and trust me this is the only place in the world that I will eat a Pad Thai because it is just THAT good. Every time I crave Pad Thai, I start thinking of my next Peninsula trip. I'm really sad that I lost that recipe :(

Mei Jiang takes The Peninsula back to its Hong Kong roots, led under executive chef Jackie. My favorites there are of course dim sum, the lobster, and the mango sago! Their mango sago is like NO OTHER, and chef Jackie explained this was because they used the freshest Thai mangoes to create it. I was introduced to him when I requested a behind the scenes tour of the Peninsula kitchen, and the then executive chef of Peninsula Bangkok, Phillip explained to me the different parts of the culinary business. Last year, I went back to Mei Jiang and Chef Jackie recognized my family right away, even remembering that I had a passion for learning about the hospitality industry. Unfortunately, Thiptara's executive chef was off for a few days and I didn't have the opportunity to meet him. This goes to show that The Peninsula truly treats its guests with specialized attention, and they went out of their way to make my every stay special.Their buffets are also to die for, and feature rows and rows of high quality and delicious foods. On one of my stays, I wanted a mango smoothie as well as a watermelon smoothie which wasn't on the counter that day, and they promptly made it (for no extra charge). What was extra special was that every day afterwards, the waiter remembered me and my preferences, and once I walked into the restaurant he would automatically prepare it for me. Another time, my mother wanted to send a cake to a company last minute before we left, and the staff at the Peninsula promptly took care of that for us, even personally delivering it!

One of my first memories of the Peninsula Bangkok was the doorman. I was just nine at the time, and he always made funny hand gestures when describing to me places to visit. Though he doesn't work there anymore, I must say that many of my fondest childhood memories are from the Peninsula. Every time I go it's like I'm returning home. When I was young, I'd often run to the pastry shop for a delicious ice cream (which my brother now does), and now I enjoy relaxing at the luxurious Peninsula ESPA.

I have certainly witnessed changes at the Peninsula Bangkok over time, the biggest change being the switch from large TV cabinets to flat screen TV's. Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention my favorite pastime at night! Being an avid history lover, the Peninsula has its own 45 minute documentary featuring the creation and evolution of the Peninsula Hong Kong, and after ten years of watching it I still long to see it time after another. You can also enjoy watching the TV inside the large soaking tub!

This is definitely a hotel that you cannot miss. I have stayed at many other Peninsula hotels - including Shanghai and Tokyo, and while they boast exceptional quality, the personalized and heartwarming service by the Peninsula staff keeps me returning year after year. I will go again this summer, and I hope that it will be just as fantastic as all my past visits!

Room Tip: While their suites are gorgeous, if you want to save up a bit their normal rooms are JUST as grand...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 298michellel
Peninsula_BK, Hotel Manager at The Peninsula Bangkok, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear 298michelle,

On behalf of all of us here at The Peninsula Bangkok, we would like to thank you for sharing your memories and experiences with us for the past 10 years. Your comments really highlight what makes The Peninsula Bangkok such a memorable place to stay and call your "home away from home." I will be sure to share your kind words with all of the team members you mentioned.

Looking past 2014, we hope to have the privilege to welcome you and your family back for the next 10 years.

Mark Choon
Hotel Manager
Shelbyville, Kentucky
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Wow! If you're ever in South Asia, do yourself a favor and go to Bangkok for a stay at the Peninsula. The grounds, staff and breakfast are all outstanding; I would give them more than 5 stars if i could.

1 Thank Debra G
Dear Debra G,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you found all aspects of your stay exceptional—from the staff, to the hotel product to our food and beverage offerings.
We hope to welcome you back to The Peninsula Bangkok in the near future.

Mark Choon
Hotel Manager
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We arrived at The Peninsula at about 07.30hrs , fully expecting our room not to be ready.... it wasn't. We had booked a balcony room ....and because it wasn't ready they automatically up graded us to a suite - can't expect more than this - very happy. The suite was beautiful with panoramic views from 5 floor to ceiling windows. The bed was superbly comfortable, wonderful high quality linen. The bathroom was elegant with white fluffy towels serviced twice daily & kept immaculately clean.
We ate at Thiptara one evening - a very nice meal , but beware of mosqiuitos - never saw one but got bitten 13 times - the only time during our 10 days in Thailand!
The boat service to take you across the river was faultless - never had to wait more than a couple of minutes & it was very pleasant.
The pool & loungers was gorgeous - comfortable loungers with excellent waiter service & the poolside menu & food good & at a price you would expect for a good hotel with excellent service.
Breakfasts were relaxing , with a good choice ,& a lovely vibrant setting overlooking the river.
Staff were all polite, happy to help & made our stay very enjoyable.
I would 100% recommend this hotel & if we return to Bangkok would definitely look at staying here again should standards be maintained.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Peninsula_BK, Director of Rooms at The Peninsula Bangkok, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Claire,

It is always nice to surprise and delight our guests when the opportunity presents itself. We are very pleased to read that you have enjoyed the surprise when you arrived.

Thank you for the lovely comments, you certainly experienced nearly all the things the hotel has to offer. Perhaps next time, we can entice you with our Spa.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We had an amazing 3 night stay with family whilst on a long trip. The hotel, like every other Peninsula, is just excellent. The attention and service you get from this chain, you hardly get it anywhere else. People working here should be proud, because they do an amazing job. Rooms are just perfect. They have everything you need, and even what you don't need. And if there's anything wrong or missing, you'll have someone deliver it to you in a matter of seconds. This is truly a perfect hotel, and I recommend the buffet at night, top quality food in a buffet (a bit pricy though).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Peninsula_BK, Director of Rooms at The Peninsula Bangkok, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear tuchop,

We are very happy to hear that we could provide a nice respite on your long journey, thank you for the comments. Our team is very proud to work at The Peninsula Bangkok, this in turn creates this attentive service and your comments just make them more proud. This is a wonderful circle that we are happy to foster.
Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed at the Peninsula in Bangkok, Thailand at the tailend of a southeast Asia trip. The service at this hotel is quite good. Each of the restaurants are excellent and the waitstaff is quite attentive to guest needs. On this trip, we did not utilize the spa or the workout room, but I would not hesitate to use them if I should return.

Room Tip: Ask for a view facing the river
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Peninsula_BK, Assistant Food and Beverage Manager at The Peninsula Bangkok, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear fernm61,

Sunny greetings from Bankgok to Florida!

We are happy to read that your stay at our hotel allowed you to finish off an exciting journey through this part of the world. The Peninsula Bangkok has always tried to differentiate itself through exceptional service and I am pleased to read you have appreciated such. Hopefully, you will allow yourself some more time to enjoy the hotel's various leisure facilities upon your return.

Please receive my best regards
Marco Schuchter
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Spacious, open, and beautifully designed rooms with impressive views of the Bangkok skyline and the mighty River. Plenty of high-tech gadgets, like bedside controls that dim the lights, turn on the sound system, and close the curtains; bathrooms with hands-free phones; and TVs with mist-free screens at the end of the tubs, cool gadgets I wasnt expecting. Having breakfast by the pool with a river view is a dream. The impeccable charming and warm service makes you feel welcome. In conclusion luxury at is best. . .

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Peninsula_BK, Director of Rooms at The Peninsula Bangkok, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Vexlab,

It is nice to hear that we have managed to surprise and delight with a few of the little gadgets in your room, but this is nothing without the service, which is the real software behind the gadgets. Thank you very much for the kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back for another dose of luxury.