Overall this is a good hotel for leisure travelers to Bangkok but not impressive. Located on the other side of the river, the hotel provides boat services to BTS Saphan Taksin station, and Asiatique night market. Rooms are with river view and old-fashion decorated. In room lights control and electric curtains are well designed and easy to use.
However the following niches shall never happen in a Peninsula.
- holes and worn outs on the duvet cover. Not acceptable.
- no staff on the hotel pier to escort guests to the reception for check-in. Have to asked twice.
- requested for Thai herbal tea in room. Given a pot with lemongrass actually. No hot water is poured in but was asked to boil the water myself. Weird room service.
- Breakfast staff are not attentive enough, Have to always ask for my coffee refilled. The staff are also rude to remove the plates in front of my nose without asking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Developed as one of the finest hotel properties in Bangkok, its riverside location inspired the wave- shaped design, capitalising on the uninterrupted panoramic views from every room and adding a distinctive architectural statement to the Bangkok skyline. The Peninsula Bangkok offers commanding city views, luxurious comfort, sophisticated facilities, extraordinary dining options and the legendary Peninsula service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Peninsula Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Peninsula Bangkok
- Peninsula Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Peninsula