“What a start and end to our honeymoon!”

The Peninsula Bangkok
Ranked #10 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband and I chose the Peninsula for the first night of our honeymoon in August 2013.
We decided to arrive in style and booked the BMW limousine service, after a wonderful drive to the Peninsula, we were greeted wih flowers and brought straight up to our room for a check in.
Due to our early arrival we were offered a complimentary breakfast that arrived within 5 minutes, as well as a bottle of champagne and a personal card.
The level of service and friendliness blew us both away, our room was amazing with stunning views from our 35th floor balcony. The attention to detail was superb, and the bathroom was immaculate!
I had a spa treatment later that night, abit pricy but worth every penny for a great experience.
The breakfast was one of the best i have ever had with a great array if choices, you name it they had it. As we are both foodies, this was right up our alley!

After 3 weeks on Koh Samui & Koh Phangan, we had an open booking to both Peninsula & Mandarin Oriental for our last night, but due to the amazing service and a wonderful stay, we decided to come back to Peninsula to finish off where we started.
I decided to email the hotel to thank them for the service, as well as cancelling our BMW transfer for the last day, due to a slimmer wallet then at the beginning, and got a lovely reply.

Upon check-in we were offered a complimentary upgrade, and ended up in their deluxe suite, one of the most beautiful "rooms" i have ever seen, a large sitting room & office and a separate bedroom, all with Panorama views all over Bangkok, what an amazing gesture!!
We loved every second of it, and tried to stay awake for as long as possible before our very early departure the following morning.

Thank you so very much dear Peninsula, you gave us the best possible start and end to our honeymoon, and really showed us what the Thai hospitality and friendliness is all about!
When we come back to Thailand, we will definately book a stay with you!

Kind regards,
Mr & Mrs Theodorou (booking made in my maiden name - Gundersen)

Room Tip: The higher, the better
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HeleneGT
Write a ReviewReviews (4,616)

Reviewed November 8, 2013

The Peninsula Bangkok is always a treat to visit. This was our 4th visit in recent years and we have never been disappointed.
We stayed twice on this particular visit to Thailand - once on the way to Koh Kood and again on our return. Sometimes it can be an anti-climax to return to a city hotel after visiting an island paradise but not at the Peninsula Bangkok.

On our first stay of this trip we stayed in a Grand Deluxe Double Room. Lovely view over the river and the city. For only 2 people the space is definitely "grand'. As this was a short 2 night trip we only experienced the breakfast buffet and the Thai restaurant outside in the grounds of the hotel. The Thai food was all delicious coupled with a lovely view looking over the river.
On our return to Bangkok we booked a Grand Deluxe Suite but were upgraded to a Thai Suite when we arrived - probably about 3 times the size of a Grand Deluxe Suite. With an office area, living room / dining room, dressing room and pantry it was superfluous to our needs but was a fabulous treat. If you are offered a paid upgrade to this Suite I would suggest you at least go and view it before deciding - you won't be disappointed.
We had requested a high floor and the 36th floor had the most breathtaking view of the city and river. There was even a telescope for greater detail.
We ate at the breakfast buffet. It wasn't the largest buffet we have ever experienced, nor did it have the widest selection for a hotel of this size and occupancy - but all food was good but just lacked a certain wow factor.
The hotel is traditional - afternoon tea is served in tradition colonial style and you can arrange airport transfer by Rolls Royce - and probably the cheapest ever RR transfer anywhere in the world!
Quaint, traditional, fun and grown-up - best hotel in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Thai Suite for that extra special occasion
1  Thank MrJohn55
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The Peninsula Bangkok is one of the most favorite for me. I have been visit here for dining few times but every time i have been here make me feel happy.
Thai Restaurant, Chinese Restaurant also Buffet here are so nice...Excellent food Good taste with very good scenery & Service value with 5 Star hotel...I love The Peninsula Bangkok. ^.^

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Once agian the Peninsula Bangkok exceeded all expectations. I organize international meetings and whenever I can plan one for the Peninsula Bangkok I have complete peace of mind knowing that everything will be perfect. Once agian they delivered above and beyond from initial planning through final billing. The delegates benefit from superb and accomodating customer service and great location, the meeting details are executed flawlessley, the billing is accurate. They respond quickly and graciously to any request or last minute change. The Peninsula is the gold standard for hospitality and for a sucessful meeting venue. Look no further. I I can't wait for my next opportunity to partner with Peninsula for an event.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2013

this was our second october visit to Peninsula and this time I let the nice japanese lady at the reception pursuade me to upgrade our room to a corner suite which was an excelent idea.

they seem to have solved the problem they sometimes had with the breakfast when too many people came down at the same time,however,they do seem to be slightly under staffed in the morning(no waterboy/girl anymore,for example).

I had to phone three timees for the evening sweets,however then we always got the double so we were completely happy with that AND they remembered my husbands birthday,which was very nice.

Do try treir Spa,even the saunas are nice and they are free.

James Bond seeing outside with martinis was grear idea,compliments of the house.

Next year another review.

1  Thank liisa k
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Again I stayed at this hotel and it just seems to get better and better !
This is my 5th stay at this place - and I stayed in one of the suites that I like - it never fails to impress me and with massive separate lounge it feels like a house rather than a hotel room.
Chilling out by the pool was so relaxing and had dinner and lunch in all the restaurants - and the food really was out of this world.
If your travelling to Bangkok there is no hotel that even matches this place - not even the Mandarin Oriental comes even near to the relentless high standards that this place sets.
Robin Tinto

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Oftentimes if you're looking to stay at the Peninsula in another country, it would cost about $500 per night. Seeing that it was less than half the normal price to stay in the Peninsula Bangkok, I decided to see what the fuss is all about. The hotel didn't disappoint, but as a Peninsula hotel, I did was hoping to be blown away.

First and foremost, I booked the room through Expedia. That might've been the first mistake, because I might have been given lower priority than others who booked a room through the official website. If I stay at the hotel again, I would definitely book through the official website. For instance, I requested for a room with 2 beds, but I was given a room with two double beds placed side by side. If I knew it was going to be like that, I would've just simply booked a king sized bed.

I also thought that my stay would've included breakfast, but it was a separate charge. Nevertheless, the breakfast is fantastic, despite the high price. I also had dinner at the restaurant once, and in my opinion, while it was delicious, I did not think it was worth the high price. I would suggest going to a nicer Thai restaurant in a fancy mall to get the same quality of food for half the price. It wasn't overly expensive compared to what I'm used to in Canada, but compared to other restaurants in Thailand, it is a bit of a jump.

Service at this hotel is quite good. Everyone was friendly from the reception, to the bar, to the restaurant servers. The only people that could have used some improvement in service were the ferry operators. While they weren't bad, they weren't as friendly as rest of the hotel.

Speaking of the ferry, the location of this hotel is not the best. It is in a quieter area of Bangkok, and there are quite a few things to do nearby, you always have to take a ferry to get to these places. Since I don't mind taking a ferry, it didn't phase me too much, but for anyone who gets easily sea sick or are afraid of water, this hotel definitely isn't a good choice. Because it is on the other side of the riverside, a cab ride to the hotel is not cheap from the downtown centre of Bangkok.

I also would highly recommend the massage here. While the massage is quite expensive, the massage rooms are absolutely beautiful. My one regret is that I did not take any pictures of the massage area, but it was pretty spectacular. The quality of the massage was quite good too, although I would skip the facial since it's just layers and layers of cream put on your face then wiped off.

Room Tip: If you want two separate beds, I would call and make sure the beds are actually separated. I heard f...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends