I can only complain about a few small things, but here you go
1. The pool is pretty small, and stacked, so you have a pool that flows down, its long and narrow and you have like 4 or 5 pools that interlock. Would be nice to have a larger pool for laps etc
2. Balconies - I don't believe my room had a balcony
The breakfast is one of the best I have ever had for a hotel buffet. You can sit inside or outside, great breeze in the morning on the river. Fantastic coffee.
You can hop a private or public boat taxi to go across the river to one of the other hotels for a drink or take a tour of the river.
The neighborhood doesn't have much for shopping etc, but you can hop a free water shuttle to go across, and its fun.
One word of caution - If you need a car rental with a translator DO NOT call Bob's Transport Service. I called him and booked a car and driver who could translate. He said no problem and several days later, it's time to go out into the countryside - my fiancee was meeting her older half brother FOR THE FIRST TIME. The guy arrives at the hotel, and he is not bob. I find this out after spending 5 minutes trying to use sign language so he can tell me his name. Very nice guy, but he had obviously been paid a small bag of peanuts by Bob. I called Bob throughout the day - no solution, so sorry, I am in the countryside and cant help. No offer for a refund, etc. So, needless to say, the 4 hours we spent together were a mess, my fiancee and her brother could barely communicate anything and it was a huge let down. He had a friend call me later to apologize and to try and make it better, but you can't undo history, the guy wrecked a special day and event and he should not be trusted, period.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Developed as one of the finest hotel properties in Bangkok, its riverside location inspired the wave- shaped design, capitalising on the uninterrupted panoramic views from every room and adding a distinctive architectural statement to the Bangkok skyline. The Peninsula Bangkok offers commanding city views, luxurious comfort, sophisticated facilities, extraordinary dining options and the legendary Peninsula service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Peninsula Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Peninsula Bangkok
- Peninsula Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Peninsula