“Home away from home...”

The Peninsula Bangkok
Ranked #10 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Awesome service and friendly staff too. Enjoyed the outdoor pool at night and experience the beautiful scene of chao phraya river along with the lighted establishment nearby!!! The perfect way to relax before sleeping and jump on the busy city the next day!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (4,616)

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Just finished a two night stay with my family at the beautiful Peninsula Bangkok. A magnificent hotel with unbelievable service. We stayed on the 30th floor in a suite that overlooked the Chao Phraya river. With floor to ceiling windows in my kids room and ours and going to sleep and waking up with all of Bangkok in front of us, was truly memorable. The breakfast was great and the staff amazing. Picking us up at the airport and dropping us off and checking us in for our next flight is the Peninsula way. We did not have time to try the spa or to eat in the hotel other than having high tea. We would return in a minute.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was lucky enough to stay here years ago when it was first opened. I recall then what a truly great place this was. After all those years I returned and am delighted to say it is even better.
Fantastic rooms, really great staff and fantastic food, In reality what more can you ask for.

Room Tip: River view rooms are stunning
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Avalon2012
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Having stayed in this property a dozen times over the years, I consistently remained a faithful supporter....until this visit. Having reserved the room directly through a senior manager and being a repeat guest, what could go wrong?!
Quite a lot! The room on arrival was within out category but much smaller than normal and since we needed a roll away for our small kid, I had to ask change. The new room was as expected apart from the roll away bad was not set up for several hours, even after 2 separate reminders to the front desk. Once set up, there was no usual kids amenities so another reminder was necessary. I should say that the hotel had a full record of our booking as well as additional requests. When I followed up with the manager on duty, I received an apology and was asked to let them know if there was anything else we needed - I expected a note of apology or something which would make me feel like I was staying in more than just a 4 star average hotel...The story continued when we booked a table in the restaurant (having requested a particular part of the restaurant) which turned out not to be available as they had no record of my request made through the concierge.... The child seat which I was quite specific about for our limo transfer turned out to be for a different age group so I daughter had to squeeze into it...
To top it all up, when I wrote a note to the senior manger I booked through, the reply was virtually 'sorry, hope we can do better on your next visit'...
I am affraid, there won't be next time. The Peninsula has undoubtedly fantastic location but what used to set it apart was their service and making every guest special. This time I felt like I stayed in holiday inn... I suggest you cross the river to the Madarin Oriental...

Room Tip: Whatever room you choose, make sure you have the direct river view....some western facing ones do n...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank zendra
Reviewed June 21, 2013

have a tough time believing there are many hotels in southeast asia that can top this place. wonderful riverfront location with beautiful large rooms looking down on the mandarin oriental!! spacious bathrooms, first-rate internet connections (wi-fi) and fruit refreshed multiple times during the day. spa was to die for. breakfast absolutely phenomenal. really do find it hard to believe many places could be better than this.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2013

It was with all enthusiasm that I opted to stay in Peninsula, Bangkok while I had a choice between this hotel and Shangri-la, Mandarin Oriental and the Grand Hyatt. Going through some 9 days of stay, I must admit I was fairly disappointed. To start with I was told that my reservation did not include breakfast and despite twice calls from the travel agent, this was not corrected. Most the time, Probably for rainy seasons, the Hotel was booked below capacity and kind of dead. Restaurant/s with the exception of breakfasts only provided "a la carte" menus which were not only overpriced but the food quality was below average. Spa facilities were limited with below average services. I can not complain much about the room comforts although I believe decay has taken its toll when it comes to the bathroom appearance and facilities. After 9 days I left the hotel with a second thought on my future return.

Room Tip: Given its prime location by the river, all rooms have great views with large windows
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mehri13
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights for business trip. But I wished I could stay for a holiday ! It's located along the Chao Praya River & has a direct access to many restaurants accross the river, with free-of-charge boat... I really enjoyed when staying there. The service was also very excellent !!! I always love Thailand.... great hotel !

Room Tip: I got my room with direct view to Chao Praya River :)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business