The Peninsula Bangkok
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
4,805 results
All reviewsacross the riverbalcony roomgrand deluxe suitemei jiangfax machinethai restaurantwrong sideboat servicechao phraya rivershuttle boatbreakfast buffetriver viewmandarin orientalour honeymoonluxury hotelconcierge deskfour seasons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I've stayed in the Peninsular 4 times now.

I used to stay in Bangkok for 1 night on my way to another destination, but now i stay for 4 - 5 nights as I love it so much.

It's a lovely hotel right on the river for easy access to get across. The suites are amazing with excellent views. The pool is great, so is the gym. You can even watch TV in the bath. I love it, it's my home away from home in Bangkok.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Emmafivestar
Reviewed October 31, 2011

In those days where Bangkok is suffering, I cannot help to think back on our last stay at the Peninsula last winter that was one of the most delicious stays in any hotel I ever stayed in all over the world. Staff is most charming, bending over (literally) to help and the best breakfast I have ever seen, with at least three different kind, each of the top quality: American, Viennese and Thai (my preferred one).
We had a suite on a high enough floor to have a commanding view if the city over the Chao Praia, then, quite clam. The suite had a bathroom with the same view. Stunning!
very highly recommended

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Stayed here for seven days after coming back from a cycling trip in Bhutan,whilst in the immigration line to enter Bangkok I remembered I had left my Kindle book reader in the seat pocket in the Druk aircraft,running back to the plane wasnt a option as we had bussed it from the plane to the terminal.The hotel representative who loaded us into our beautiful BMW hotel car in 5 minutes had the bookreader at the hotel two hours later.I rewarded him well.The breakfasts were outstanding and there was a large medical convention on which spiced up the service and the ambiance of the place.The staff at the swimming pool and the swimming pool itself were wonderful and we spent most of the week unconcious beside the pool recovering from the cycling.The pool was staffed untill 11.30 at night which I have never encountered anywhere before.It was great having a swim and warm spa after the dinner buffet.The only thing that disappointed me was the range of machines in the gym.I like to do a 90 minute workout everyday with a mix of weights and cardio and it just wasnt possible with the lack of equipment,basically nothing for the legs.
There was a free computer room where I spent a good hour a day chasing up business and Play emails ,that was great.
The evening buffet was so good with so much variety we were still very happy there after seven nights.
Back to the airport in the Beema and at the airport we were greeted by 3 valets who took us over to Air asia and checked us in for the flight to KL.
A truly great hotel experience, you wont be disappointed

5  Thank lindsay56
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Stayed in room # 2501 for 4 nights. It was a great experience overall. I arrived pretty late and was welcomed very warmly. All my details were already ready. Just a quick copy of passport and I was taken to the room. Very spacious, overlooking the river, big beds and well lit. Had delicious tropical fruit platter, which was just the need at that time. Breakfast had a good mix of continental, SE asian food. The meeting room was well lit and had windows looking out, which usually is very rare. The room service was prompt and when I needed a couple of aminities, they were also send quickly.
The layout of the lobby is a bit confusing and I did see many visitors taking multiple wrong turns. may be needs some display signages!!! The ferry across the river was an added bonus.
Overall very satisfying and comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Choose room numbers between 3 to 10 in every floor for a better view.
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Apart from the front desk staff explaining to me (when I asked for a non smoking room) that the smell of a smoking room is "not that strong" the rest of the stay went rather well. The hotel lives up to its reputation and is one of the better hotels in the city. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. Service for the most part is in keeping with the reputation.