The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
$55
$21
2,822 results
All reviewsrain tree cafesmooth currythe royal club loungeroyal meridienraintree cafeglaz barwireless roadspg membercentral embassybreakfast buffetdim sumthai restaurantbusiness triplumpini parkbts stationvisit bangkokamazing hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great hotel to stay, upon entering the hotel you will be welcomed by freindly staff, the hotel lobby is big and beautiful. Fast check in and the staff will walk you until you reach the lift lobby and leave you with a beautiful Thai smile. The rooms is well furnished with nice bed and pillows. I had a fruit basket in my room. Wifi speed was fast and at no cost. Breakfast has wide spread of food from local to international. They have 3 restaurant located at 3rd floor serving, Thai, Chinese and Japanese. The Japanese food is a bit pricey though. The only setback, i had adjoining room and i could hear thier conversation so do not stay at the adjoining room if you can. I really love the hotel and will make this hotel my first option in BKK. Phloen Chit BTS station is only 5 minutes away.

Room Tip: Do not choose adjoining rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
PlazaAtheneeBKK, General Manager at The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Alfaruq A,
Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review on TripAdvisor and for staying at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel. I truly appreciate your kind remarks on our hotel and our associates. I am very pleased to learn that you liked our guestrooms as well as the signature Le Méridien Breakfast in the Rain Tree Café. I have noted your remarks on our Japanese Restaurant; please note that our Chef only uses the freshest ingredients to ensure all his cuisine is of the highest quality and standard. We do indeed enjoy a central location which is close to the Ploenchit BTS Station, I am glad you appreciate it.
With regards to your comments about the noise disturbance from the room next door, for your information, we are planning to initiate a soft refurbishing in our guestrooms in order to ensure that our guests continue to experience the high standard of facilities.
Once again thank you for your kind comments and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed in April for the 4th time in the Pimari theme suite, my favorite room in my favorite hotel! When I arrived they gave me some sort of bracelet with alot of flowers, apparently suppose to give me luck lol. Then they did the check-in inside the suite and it was very fast, the general manager also came and said hello which was very friendly of him. I cant recommend this hotel enough, they have some really great chefs, the in-room dining is excellent, breakfast is top-noch, location is great and most taxi drivers knows where it is without having to do any further explaining.

If you want to stay in a Starwood branded hotel this is your best choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Pokerstah
PlazaAtheneeBKK, General Manager at The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Dear Pokerstah,
Thank you very much for your kind remarks in your review, it is an honour to receive such positive feedback about our hotel and associates from loyal guests such as yourselves. Your comments undoubtedly highlight all the efforts our team puts forth. Our theme suites are indeed very special and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am also delighted that our culinary experience in the hotel met your expectations. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the team.

I would like to extend my personal appreciation for your continued support of the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel. We truly value your business and I trust that we can continue to welcome you back to our hotel for years to come.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our family spent our vacation in your hotel. Around 18.00 h the electrical blackout on our floor. After we reported the incident to the hotel then their was a lady approach us we remembered her name is Ms.Dhunyaluck from HR office who are very nice to us she came back only few minutes and informed us that the blackout was solved. I am really appreciate her hospitality and her awareness. I do believe that she is one of your most valuable staff in your hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Chochai,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the blackout. I am however delighted that Ms. Dhunyaluck was able to assist you during this period, I will be sure to share your kind feedback with her and the team.

Thank you once again and please do let us know if we can be of any assistance in helping you plan your next visit to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

what a great stay, only complaint was that it was to short, i can;t wait to go back to this property, definitely one of starwoods best hotels. It huge and grandeous in the old style. From the moment of arrival i has greeted and given a huge flower perfumed braclet and told wearing it made me the luckiest person in the world. a little quirky perhaps but a very nice way to welcomed! the staff at this property are a cut above others, everyone seems in sync with one another and creates a really nice homely feeling. I didn't get the feeling that it was a just a job to them, they seemed genuinely glad to be there,

the restaurant on the ground floor is huge, fantastic ambiance with the water features inside, the breakfast buffet was plentiful and the food was noticeably fresh. I also tried the thai restaurant and seriously some of the best thai i have tasted.

The other thing i liked was the full size squash court in the gym area, wow that was fantastic.

i also noticed at this property the wifi in a one time only log in and where ever you go around the property you have access all the time, I've noticed this in only a fee property's in thailand and basically no where else. in other properties i'm also logging back in when i get to the room club lounge or lobby, so these guys with the one time log in have it right!

although i was here on business, its a great location for families, couples also

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mike M,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien. I appreciate that you took the time to write and share your refreshing perspectives of your recent stay with us at our hotel. It is truly an honour to receive such positive feedback on our hotel services, facilities and especially on our associates. Thank you.
I am glad to learn that you enjoyed our signature Le Méridien Breakfast in the Rain Tree Café as well as the authentic Thai cuisine in our Smooth Curry restaurant. We have completed several upgrades on our Wifi network, so I am pleased that you found it convenient and efficient.
Thank you once again for your kind review and I hope there will be another opportunity to welcome you back soon to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed & dined in this hotel several times a year for both business & leisure. We were always impressed at the level of consistency of service this hotel upkeeps throughout the years. Hotel staff always seems happy to be working here - this speaks something right about the employer they are working for.

Rooms are always clean, well-stocked & beds way too comfy!!! Must try is the Sunday brunch at The Rain Tree Cafe. Always packed, so make reservations in advance. The crustacean selection is to die for!! The restaurant manager, Khun Kisanasak is happy to help & once you're there, the staff always make sure you're well taken cared off.

• Stayed: May 2013
PlazaAtheneeBKK, General Manager at The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Ms. Goh-Mokster,

First of all, I would like to express our sincere appreciation for your continued support of the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel. Thank you very much for your kind remarks in your review, it is indeed an honour to receive such positive feedback about our hotel and our associates from regular guests such as yourselves. This undoubtedly highlights all the efforts our team puts forth to ensure that all our guests receive exceptional service. I am also delighted that you highlighted our Sunday Brunch at the Rain Tree Café. Khun Kisanasak and his team strive to offer a world class brunch, so your recognition is highly appreciated and I will be sure to share it with the team.

The team and I are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.