“Many Happy Returns”

Ranked #34 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Bloomfield
“Many Happy Returns”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have just returned from my numerous trips to Plaza Anthenee, and once again the service, quality, staff and overall hotel experience was wonderful. It never ends the courtious service, friendly staff and support for your needs from early morning work outs and coffee to early evening club lounge staff and food. Breakfast is delicious and consistent every day, and endless selection of foods from all ethnic desires.
My experience with long stays 2 weeks is that the staff treats and supports your needs the same level of service from first day to last.
The club level staff is diligent,friendly, focused, and available to help with all requests or just talk about your day.
I will be back.

Room Tip: Corner suites are great and large High floors have floor to ceiling windows that improve the Bangko...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
PlazaAtheneeBKK, General Manager at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear G P,

Many thanks for your continued support and patronage of the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed staying in our Royal Club and that our team delivered exceptional service. Our Royal Club team strives to offer our valued guests a more personalized service and I am glad that you appreciated all their efforts. I would like to personally thank you for sharing such positive feedback and I will definitely share with the team.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Kind regards

ChooLeng Goh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Batroun, Lebanon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed at the Plaza Athenee for 4 nights in April 2012. It was nice and the staff were friendly and all but they didn't speak English so we didn't find them to be helpful but they were super nice.
The location of the hotel was convenient in terms of finding a cab and going to the ARTC Training Facility, but the minute you step out of the hotel you feel like you're in a different world because of hw the city smells!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Daisy Maroun,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for posting this review on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to learn from your review that you found our hotel location convenient for your activities in Bangkok. Apart from taxi’s, visitors can also travel within the city on the Sky Train and the Ploenchit station is only a short walk from the hotel. This public air-conditioned conveyance is a very convenient way to get around the city, especially during the peak hours. It connects the city’s major shopping areas, commercial districts as well as some of the main tourist attractions.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced some challenges in communicating with some of our associates during your stay. All of our associates attend English language training programs to help them improve their English communication skills. I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention and I will definitely look into this with my team.

We hope there will be another opportunity to welcome you back to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in the future.

Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

The Plaza Athenee in Bangkok is a wonderful hotel with exceptional service. All of the staff are extremely helpful, courteous, and friendly, and the beautiful lobby, spacious breakfast dining area (with marvelous offerings from a variety of cuisines), upstairs lounge, scenic swimming pool, workout room, and my room were very nice, kept super clean -- and really comfortable/welcoming, especially after a long day of work. I stayed here for 1 week, and the location was perfect for my meetings at the Athenee Towers right next door (a short stroll through the lobby). The SkyTrain station is very close by, which was very handy for seeing the city as well. I'd highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a great lodging experience in Bangkok!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
PlazaAtheneeBKK, General Manager at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear G C,
Thank you for choosing Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel during your visit to Bangkok and for taking the time to share such positive feedback on TripAdvisor.
I am truly delighted that you found our hotel to be wonderful and that our team provided exceptional service. It is always rewarding to receive such nice feedback from our valued guests and I will be sure to share this with our team.
Please allow me to thank you again for your kind review and recommendation and I hope we will have the pleasure of your company in the near future at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a super hotel in an excellent location just off Sukhumvit and right next to Phloen Chit BTS station .
Have stayed at several Bangkok hotels in 4/5 star range and this is comparable with pretty much all of them.
Not quite the 5 star level of the Royal Meridien Hotel & Spa in Dubai (another incredible Meridien property) but given this hotel is catering to a largo number of business travellers rather than mainly tourists / holidaymakers it has a very relaxing feel to the place.
Staff are superb as is pretty much standard in good BKK hotels and there is nothing I can fault here.
Night life of every description is on the doorstep as are good restaurants and amazing shopping.
First time Ive stayed at this hotel but will definitely be using this as my first choice from now on
Lastly, the pool - one of the best hotel pools in BKK, delightful setting and if you want the sun all day long there are lots of areas around the pool that are never in the shade.

Room Tip: Club access is well worth paying the premium for
1 Thank lowfieldsuk
PlazaAtheneeBKK, General Manager at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear lowfieldsuk,
May I thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

I am so pleased that the hotel met your expectations and that you found our location to be excellent. Our lagoon styled swimming pool is indeed one of the unique features of our hotel and I am glad that you were able to enjoy it. I am also thrilled that based on your recent experience with us, you have made our hotel your first choice for your next visit to Bangkok.

Thanks once again for your kind feedback and we are all looking forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband, 11 year old son and I stayed her for one night after a weeks backpacking in Vietnam. The hotel is in a quiet location only a short walk to the sky train. We rocked in looking like something the cat dragged in. The staff were exceptional, using our names and at all times making sure we were comfortable. They went out of their way to ensure we got a late check out the next day and were interested in our son and our travels. I have stayed in many hotels around the world, but I have never experienced the personal service we were given at Plaza Athenee.

It is a beautiful hotel with an amazing breakfast. Our son loved the pool (and so did we). It is surprisingly big.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly to all my friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tina M
PlazaAtheneeBKK, General Manager at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Roxygirl5,

Thank you for sharing your refreshing and positive review on the Trip Advisor. It is inspiring to hear that our associates have been able to elevate your experience during your recent stay with us at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel. I would like to personally thank you for highlighting our associates service and our signature Le Méridien buffet breakfast in your review. It is truly a pleasure to receive such positive comments on our hotel, I will definitely share them with the team.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Location is not the best one in Bangkok, around the hotel many new buildings which are not finished yet. So that mean always a Train MBK or Taxi ride if you look for some Shopping or Restaurants.
The rooms are big, quiet and very comfortable.
Service all over all freindly and excellent.
Club Lounge very stylish, but saw better offerings for the cocktail hour in other Hotels. (very limited food choice, no French Champagne, only the cheapest Spirit/ Liqour Brands free, otherwise you have to pay).
Breakfast Buffet excellent, theres something for every taste.
I can recomend this Hotel to everyone who dont mind that hes not in the middle of all the action (Shopping, Bars, Restaurants).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ADubiella
PlazaAtheneeBKK, General Manager at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear ADubiella,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay with us at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel on Trip Advisor.

I do appreciate your compliments on the service and friendliness of our associates. I am also pleased that you liked our signature Le Méridien buffet breakfast in The Rain Tree Café. It is indeed very popular amongst our valued guests as it offers a wide selection of international dishes, including traditional American breakfast dishes, smoked salmon, roast beef, Japanese Maki, Chinese Dim Sum, noodle soup as well as Le Méridien’s famous signature breakfast items to mention a few.

I am sorry that our hotel location did not meet your expectations. I am however glad that you were able to make use of the BTS which is located nearby. I have also noted your comments regarding our Club Lounge Cuisine and I will definitely look into the menu items and see where we can improve.

Last but not least, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Spent 2 nights here recently. Firstly, staff were absolutely efficient and helpful esp.ms. Sutharat who was very polite and professional. On the 1st night I informed the staff that we are on the birthday trip after few nights in phuket. The staffwas notified and said no chance to upgrade. No special arrangement was offered upon check in. We were disappointed as it seems that the hotel doesnt value our choice of spending 2 nights here as a part of the trip. On another day we locked ourselves out and seek the help of the reception. During chit chat with the manager (i guess)at the reception, i expressed my disappointment towards the arrangements and she expressed her great concern, which was really unforgettable for us! She made some arrangements and sent us a birthday cake to us to celebrate it. Sometimes guest is just expecting the hotel would do something to show it concerns, who cares a cake or ugrade or what!
Room is very comfortable. Breakfast has a great variety of choices and nice environment. High security level as every guest need to use the key to go on the room floors. If i were coming back to Bangkok I would definitely stay here backagain.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank locsyk
PlazaAtheneeBKK, General Manager at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear kik528,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Upon learning of the disappointment you encountered upon arrival for your birthday celebration, I am truly grateful that we were given another opportunity to make your stay more special. I am also happy that our associates were polite and professional and that you enjoyed the variety of our signature Le Méridien breakfast in the Rain Tree Café.

I hope we will have the pleasure of your company at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in the near future, and once again thank you for your review.