“Good hotel, good location, will return.”

Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel
Ranked #34 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Good hotel, good location, will return.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel that I would hope to come back to and stay in again. Our room was lovely light and airy and staff were very helpful. We stayed over Christmas and the extra touches like chocolates and a little Santa stocking left for us made Christmas feel more special as we could not be with our family.
The pool is wonderful with great surrounding although I wish there were more sun loungers available. The gym looked very good too but I dîdnt use it.
Breakfast is a very well choiced buffet and staff were very good as serving your needs.
Only down side I would say is as a gold/platinum member the club lounge is not very good compared to a competitor. Poor selection of cakes for afternoon tea and in an over formal environment so didnt feel relaxed and friendly envirinment. Yet staff are very friendly to talk to.
Same at cocktail hour in Glaz Bar. Very little food mainly cheese, crackers and bread so very disappointing and service was not particularly attentive. Needing food we did order a bar meal which when it came was excellent and went well with the club cocktail drinks:)
Hotel is in great location. Ideal for using sky train so easy to get around especially to access the river boats to see the sights. Great location for shopping and sightseeing especially if you don't want to be in a crowded hotel on the river and want a couple of quiet sun soaked pool days.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank dachsi-06
PlazaAtheneeBKK, General Manager at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear dachsi-06,

Thank you for choosing Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for writing your comments on our website.

I am very happy to read that you had a great stay with us over the Christmas period and that you not only found our associates to be helpful during your visit, but that you also enjoyed several other aspects of your stay with us. We do understand that the Festive season can be difficult when one is away from home and family, so we endeavor to offer those little special touches that make the difference to our guests. I am delighted that you also enjoyed our signature Le Méridien Breakfast in the Rain Tree Café, our swimming pool as well as our central location.
I was, however, concerned that our Club Lounge did not meet your expectations, I will most definitely look into this matter with my team.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your comments on TripAdvisor and I hope we will see you soon at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

ChooLeng Goh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Michigan, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I'm just finishing a 3-night stay and most things have been fine but nothing has been spectacular. Apart from a flat-screen tv, our room was showing its age and the furnishings/decor were very plain. No sense of style. The room was generally clean, apart from some mold growing on the ceiling and wall near the shower as well as the tile grout.

One of our breakfasts was very good, a second one on the 3rd floor (set up during the busy time of year for breakfast) was poor (dirty tablecloth, cold coffee, over-cooked eggs). The swimming pool is quite nice, probably a highlight of the hotel overall.

I likely won't return again but who knows. There's nothing wrong with the hotel, but competition in BKK is stiff and thus, my average rating. Hotels such as the Conrad Bangkok, Sofitel Sukhumvit, and Sheraton Sukhumvit are superior in most regards.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator at check-in, as guests can be quite noisy. I actually request...
1 Thank FlytheTail
Dear FlytheTail,

Please allow me to thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us here at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

I am concerned to learn that our guest rooms did not meet your expectations, for your information we are currently in the process of soft refurbishing guestrooms in order to ensure that our guests continue to receive the high standard of the facilities. We also noted that you were not enjoyed your breakfast that was served on the third floor. Your comments are greatly appreciated as they help us to continually monitor and improves areas of our hotel to improve our guests overall experience. I will definitely look into these areas with my team.

Taguig City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Plaza Athenee Hotel's ambiance is very nice. They serve great food too! A good place to stay and to celebrate holiday. My friend's wedding was held here and it's a two thumbs up. The location is also good. .

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear chocolatiest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and that you feel the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel it is a good place to stay whilst celebrating the holiday season.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope we will have the chance to see you soon at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Keep it up your excellent services and please upgrading your wifi speed. Adding more Variety of food for breakfast.
Nice n cozy room for family.
Convenience area n easy walking distance for shop n attraction

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Suzie F,

Thank you very much for writing a review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the location of our hotel to be convenient.

Thank you for your comments and I hope we will be able to welcome you back to Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in the near future.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was a great place to stay over the Christmas period. The location is good for the sky training you can get easily to Siam. The reception staff were lovely and we got an early check in. The room was nice but no wow factor. Very comfy bed though and free wifi. Breakfast was really good - fantastic waffles. The 10.30 finish was appreciated so we could have a lie in. We also had the Brunch on xmas day at Raintree Cafe - it was really enjoyable. Food was amazing, it is definitely the best brunch in Bangkok. There were carols, a Santa and we had nitrogen mai tai cocktail at our table. I would defo do it again next year if we were in Bangkok again.

Room Tip: They said there was work on the lifts but we never heard a thing on the 9th floor.
Dear Doonton1,

Thank you for writing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

It is always such a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our valued guests, thank you for taking the time to share them. I was also thrilled to hear that you found our Brunch to be exceptional; I will definitely share your kind comments with our Food and Beverage team.

Thank you once more for your review and I hope we will have the opportunity to see you again in the future at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

We really enjoyed this hotel, and not because we got a cheap deal through a friend who works there. Service was great the whole time and buffet breakfast was huge. Happy Hour in the bar went for three hours :) Room was well appointed and very clean. We had a small maintenance issue at 3am when the hose to the bath split and water was leaking but they had someone on staff who fixed it straight away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I have been staying in this hotel quite frequently in the last few years. Having just returned from a 3 days stay over the Christmas holidays, I can only repeatedly recommend it. Its location is first class, the accommodation is superb and the best of it is the extremely friendly and helpful staff. it was a pleasure staying there and we most certainly will frequent this hotel again soonest.

Room Tip: Just ask the friendly reception staff what you prefer and if possible you'll get it!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PlazaAtheneeBKK, General Manager at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Abraham1_11,

Please let me thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and for your continuous support of the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Your kind comments regarding our accommodation and associates are greatly appreciated.
I am very pleased to learn that we were able to create a great stay for you during the festive period and that you can highly recommend us. It is the support and comments from our guests that encourage us to continually improve and monitor the service we offer our guests.

Please allow me to thank you again for your continued support and your feedback and I hope to see you again very soon at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.