2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$103
Priceline$103
Hotels.com$103
Booking.com$104
Trip.com$103
eDreams$104
5,996 results
All reviews rain tree silk road smooth curry the royal club lounge raintree cafe housekeeping team wireless road central embassy dim sum breakfast buffet business trip house keeping thai restaurant bts station marisa khun concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Me and my adult daughter spent 3 nights in this lovely hotel. We have been to Bangkok and Thailand many times since late '70, so we know what the genuine thai touch is supposed to be. And we got it indeed at the Plaza Athenee! Staff at all levels, from poolboys, breakfast restaurant to restaurant, spa and roomservice, everyone delivered far over our expectations. Nice room, nice poolarea, and a lovely spa. The location is a few minutes walk from skytrain, a definate plus for hazzlefree moving around in town. We'll be back !!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
10  Thank hihir
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I've stayed in the Plaza Athenee Bangkok for a week from 8/28/2011 to 9/2/2011. I very much enjoyed nice service of the hotel staff during my entire stay in the hotel. The breakfast buffet was also quite enjoyable.

The most impressive one was the service provided by the Royal Club Lounge staff. Among all of the staff who provided very good service all the time, I specifically would like to mention (Mono) Sutthinon's excellent service. He always kept smile on his face which made all of our group members feel welcomed and comfortable. Here is a good example of his excellent service and customer service oriented mind: After I ordered once a glass of cocktail - Maithai in my first visit to the lounge, he remembered what I wanted to have. And, from my second visit to the lounge, he asked me if he would bring a glass of Maithai for me before I even ordered. It is really amazing that he remembers what each guest would want especially considering he deals with so many different guests per day.

When I told him once that I liked the Maithai and appreciated his good service, he replied with a smile of shyness on his face that it was thanks to his supervisor (Pun) Punnarat who actually made the glass of Maithai.

I definately would like to come back to Bangkok and stay at the Plaza Athenee hotel again.

Thank you.

Room tip: I stayed in Room 902. It has nice view and quite all the time and no noise at all during my a week stay there. It was a comfortable stay.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Kyong H
Reviewed September 1, 2011

The hotel is excellent all around. The rooms are large and clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. The gym is adequate. I never used the pool but it appeared to be nice. The Le Royal Club Lounge is especially nice. Their staff was able find a nice balance between being attentive but unobtrusive. Despite having an unusual last name the staff quickly learned it and my beverage choice. All and all it's an excellent hotel but I would especially recommended the upgrade to the club lounge. Also the Princess was at the hotel one night so that's probably a better recommendation than mine!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Kail P
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Great hotel and a great location.
Fantastic staff, great facilities and a very fair price for this standard of hotel

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We (2 adults, 3 kids) stayed here for 2 nights in August 2011 in interconnecting rooms. The rooms, while not exciting are spacious and comfortable (with very comfortable beds). The pool area is lovely and good to escape the hustle and bustle of Bangkok. The concierge staff are fantastic as is the breakfast buffet. One of our children needs to eat gluten free - the chef from Le Meridien in Chiang Mai (where we had stayed) emailed the chef at Plaza Athenee to inform him. When we went to breakfast, the staff knew of our gluten free requirement and gluten free bread and cereal had been prepared. In addition on the second morning, the chef made gluten free pancakes for our daughter and sent her some mango that wasn't in the buffet. Outstanding service! While with 3 small children, it is probably more sensible to stay right in the thick of the action, rather than have to always travel, we had such a lovely time here we would stay at Plaza Athenee again. We did get a terrific deal on the room rate and thought the hotel offered great value for money.

• Trip type: Traveled with family