“Husband staying whilst I was in hospital”

Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park
Ranked #58 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Perth, Australia
“Husband staying whilst I was in hospital”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Husband checked in to the Crowne Plaza after I was medically evacuated from Hanoi following abdominal surgery. I was unfortunately in Bangkok hospital ICU and wards for 21/2 weeks. My husband stayed in a club room which was large, clean and comfortable. Restaurants good. Spa good. Staff in the club lounge were exceptional. Sent flowers to the hospital for me and were a great support to my husband whilst I was critically ill and during my recovery. The concierge were extremely helpful with taxis and advice. Bee and staff in the lounge was exceptional and we would like to thank her for her support. We will be returning there because of this end of March next year so that we can thank them and so I can enjoy the wonderful hospitality they showed my husband. Thank you

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Jane-Bruce-P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Somehow I always get a fabulous experience in most hotels in Thailand - even 3 stars ones. So when I was told I was to stay in a Crowne Plaza hotel in Bangkok - I know had nothing to worry, and indeed. During the entire stay, the hotel staff never fail to give you a huge friendly smile. The rooms were comfy - not gigantic, it came with a shower but very modern. Many great restaurants in walking distance of the hotel , all within 10 minutes - so no worries about being stuck with hotel food every night if you are here for business. The hotel nevertheless had a beautiful restaurant with great views ( morning and night). There is a great selection for breakfast too. I definitely enjoy my stay in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and upgraded our room to a room on the 32 second level which gives you a lot of privileges, eg free breakfast laundry service drinks etc, if you are planning to stad here do the upgrade it's really worth every penny!

Great friendly staff everywhere besides the spa lady she was not in the mood I guess for massages :( , the but rest was awesome !if you doubt you book it I can tell you not enough to do this and take a room on the. 31 or 32 floor!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

hotel under construction

elevators too slow for their strange layout

fabulous service but hotel location is weak

Club lounge again had great service but fruit was prepared maybe the day before as were many of the breads / pastries, much of it was dried out and tasteless

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sam S
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park and providing us with valuable feedback to help us serve our guests better.

I have gone through your comments and we appreciate you bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention. I certainly apologize for the inconvenience as well as our products that you experienced during your stay with us. Please be assured that I already addressed the issues with the department and staff concerned in order to avoid any re-occurrence of this nature.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind feedback and comments as it will help us to improve and keep up the standard of our facilities and services. We look forward to welcoming you again at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park.

Yours sincerely,
Unchalee Uraisint
Quality & Continuous Improvement Manager
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Nice upgrade to club lounge and suite room for the two night stay here. I managed to return early on the first night to take advantage of the drinks and snacks at club. It is simply awesome. Nice little dishes of fusion to go with wines and other drinks. There was also the refreshing thai coconut which the waiter patiently serve me repeatedly.
Breakfast was reasonable at club, smaller and faster service. I decided to go to the regular breakfast room for the last day for the wider spread and view.
I like the suite room arrangement - for the simple reason that the study table does not face the air con. I always have a complain for those that face the air con, making it very uncomfortable to do real work at the desk.
Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 1place1dream
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Amazing staff, lovely room, great pool. We upgraded to club lounge, as we read it was worth it on here and it wasn't too unreasonable a price. We took full advantage of the free drinks and snacks and the happy hour! We definitely got our monies worth!

Room Tip: If you can ask about upgrading to the club lounge.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lizzie411
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is a very very good hotel in a great location. Room views are exceptional as all bedroom floors are higher than floor 23 - which is the hotel reception area. If you want fantastic skyline views of Bangkok along with service and rooms of the highest standards then I highly recommmend a stay at this hotel. I am a frequent customer of Intercontinental hotels and they aren't all great, but this hotel goes the extra mile. If you can afford a club room then treat yourself - you won't regret it. The staff not only provide the highest standards of service but they tell you that they want you to enjoy your stay and they take very good care of all your needs. What I like about this hotel is that they take your comments seriously so that if you return in the future they remember what you said and make sure they act on your comments. That happened to me on my recent stay. They had made a note of my comments from last year when I stayed and put this right for my recent visit. Great service! This is a hotel that excels in customer service so if you want to be spoiled stay at this hotel. Rooms are spotless and the swimming pool is a 21st floor haven of piece and tranquility. Check in, check out and everything in between was perfect. I will be back again next year!

Room Tip: Club floors are on the top two floors but all rooms are high up with spectacular views.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family