“superb”

Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers
Ranked #72 of 881 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Once again stayed for a few days whilst in bangkok and wouldn't stay anywhere else. The towers offer good, comfortable rooms with excellent facilities. Food varied, tasty and well cooked. Very enjoyable stay. Highly recommend it.

Stayed: January 2014
GMRosh, General Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear mary b,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I am happy to know you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed the food. I look forward to having you back as our guest.

There are newer reviews for Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers

Reviewed February 22, 2014

As a travel agent I was lucky enough to live and work in Thailand for 12 months so I have now stayed at this hotel 8 times as it is in a perfect location, I have stayed in standard rooms through to the executive floor rooms - all really good value.

The hotel is right by the river with a great bar to watch the river life in the evening, one of the swimming pools also overlooks the river or there is the family pool in the gardens. All rooms are spacious and with river views. Breakfast can be taken inside or outside by the river. The free shuttle boat takes you to the sky train station & then its a 10 minute ride to the centre.

The hotel is linked to River City shopping centre which also has a few restaurants. The Spa is also very good - I have had several treatments and never been disappointed. The Thai restaurant at this hotel is Awesome - very authentic.

Room Tip: All rooms are river facing for no extra cost - perhaps worth asking for a view towards the temples r...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TRAVELwithTrish
GMRosh, General Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear trish-aimee,

Thank you very much for taking some of your valuable time to share your wonderful feedback with us. I am thrilled to hear you had a fabulous stay and were pleased with our facilities. Your feedback was shared with my team to ensure we continue to serve our guests with high standard. It would be my great pleasure to have you back as our guest the next time you are in Bangkok. I wish you all the best in the meantime.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Very nice hotel all round and in a good location overlooking the river.
Pools were very nice and not at all crowded - maybe due to the protests?.
Bars were good if a little pricey, but you expect this in a hotel of this standard.
The room was nice but fairly basic and as expected in Bangkok, not huge!.
Overall very happy with the hotel and staff.

Room Tip: All rooms have river views so not really an issue.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kingston11

Dear kingston11,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy you were pleased with the river view as well as the swimming pool. I look forward to having you back as our guest.

My best regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We recently spent three days in the Towers, which we paid to upgrade on top of a standard award. It was certainly worth the extra $90 nightly, as it covered laundry and meals, which were copious buffets with multiple salads an vegetarian options. I would highly recommend the hotel!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Joannkf,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in Bangkok.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Booked a junior suite and the rooms are large and spacious. Stunning views from the room. Excellent facilities and breakfast was excellent. Service was good. Rooms were very clean. Standard rooms are not large but have good views of the river. Good location and the hotel boat runs frequently to the train. Close to shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Choose an upgrade to a Junior Suite worth the extra money for he space
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mrs W
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was originally booked at the Grande Sheraton downtown Bangkok, but got nervous with the protests at Asoke and the upcoming election - so I rebooked to this hotel, which seemed a bit away from things. I was surprised when our cab turned into the hotel as the surrounding area looked and felt pretty rough. But once inside it is gorgeous and clean and just what I wanted. The clean white sheets, big king bed with crisp white sheets, robes, slippers and free water were very nice.

We requested a room on a high floor facing the river based on these reviews and I'm glad I did. It was quiet and felt very luxurious. I don't know why some people say it is outdated. Maybe there are sections that have not been updated, but our room was perfect and very modern. It was a great way to start our vacation and I loved the décor. I almost didn't want to leave the hotel to explore the city in the morning.

The only wrinkle was some advice by the concierge that was confusing or inaccurate. It seemed he did not care to help us find where we needed to go. I asked a few times for the same information as he wasn't making sense and got three different answers from him. I tried to be humble and kind but didn't feel the same was being returned. Oh well. I just needed place that felt safe and was extra nice to escape the chaos of the city and this was exactly that. We also really enjoyed the outdoor bar right next to the river, where we had drinks and some delicious little wasabi peas. It was fun to watch the boats going down the river and all the activity. We also took a boat at the pier right outside the hotel (handy) to see a few sights before we had to go back the airport. Very nice!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hollywurn

Dear hollywurn,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. I am absolutely thrilled to hear you had a great stay and that you enjoyed the beautiful river view. We are lucky to be situated on one of the most spectacular locations in Bangkok city. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and I wish you all the best in the meantime.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed for three nights in February on the 21st floor. Room was very spacious and had all that you needed, super king was very comfy and we had excellent views of the river. Hotel let us stay until 2pm on our last day - without any quibbles. We have stayed in various Sheraton hotels before and always found them to be superb. The pool area was just lovely with peacocks wandering around. Definitely recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: All rooms have a decent river view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear DianeandJames,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. It's nice to know you like the room and found the bed comfortable. I agree the pool area is a good place to relax especially with those peacocks around.

Best wishes,