“Excellent service, clean, comfy beds”

Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers
Ranked #72 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Definitely a nice place to stay.. Three stars because there are more luxurious hotels in Bangkok of course. The room was small but well-equipped and free water bottles were delivered every day. The bathroom was darkish and there wasn't an easy place to hang a wet towel. The view of the river was spectacular, and there was one very comfortable easy chair next to the window, but only one. I was sharing the room with a colleague and the room was too small for sharing. In some countries you'd expect a small room, but not there I think. I didn't like the open mini-bar shelf above the coffee maker shelf with a box of condoms front and center next to liquor bottles. That's the view you get if you need a glass or make the terrible instant coffee--and just when walking by. Overall a comfortable experience, but some drawbacks. Loved the breakfast buffet and the room service. Had an insanely expensive manicure at the spa and they gave me a trainee. That upset me. There are other less expensive places nearby it seems.

1  Thank BijouxfromPasadena
Claire D, Online Marketing Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear BijouxfromPasadena,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am glad to know you had a comfortable experience and that you loved our breakfast buffet. However I am sorry to read about some of your disappointments and have already shared your feedback with the team for further improvement on our side. I do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back, should your travels bring you to Bangkok.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I have been coming to this hotel for five years on business. This year, I was disappointed in the quality of the room. It was definitely showing its age. There were noticeable tears in the wallpaper and stains on the carpet. I was particularly disappointed as this was a Tower, or premium, room. Also, the AC was not functioning well. I asked for it to be fixed on the first day with no luck. I spoke with the manager on the second day and it still was not fixed. It took a third visit from the workman before it was fixed. I would have expected the manager to check and see if I was satisfied, but she did not.

The positives include the service of the front desk, the Italian restaurant, and the lobby lounge. The breakfast is good but not great.

I will definitely give it another chance, but the rooms need to be updated and the management needs to provide better service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators if you are sensitive to sound. There is a loud signal wheneve...
1  Thank Chinanomad
Claire D, Online Marketing Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Chinanomad,

I would like to thank you for your ongoing patronage throughout the years and for taking the time to write your comment on Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your experience at our Italian restaurant and to learn you found our Front desk associates helpful. I have noted your feedback and would like to apologize for the shortfalls you encountered on your last stay with us. I would be very grateful if you could reach out to me at assistant.rosh@sheraton.com in order to gather additional information for our improvement. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience and hope to have the opportunity of making this up to you on your next visit back to our hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We have visited this hotel on a number of occasions and yet again, outstanding! We stayed in a Towers room with access to the Club Lounge which has had a re-vamp since our last stay - nothing major, but updated furniture and fittings. The staff are so friendly, exceptionally so and very genuine. The bedrooms are lovely, comfortable and extremely well fitted. Breakfast was available in the lounge, but we chose the main dining room on the ground floor, yes busy, but so well organised and the choice options for every nationality readily available.

The two pools available are both excellent. On this visit with the hotel quite busy, the freeform pool had no available beds and we chose the other pool. On hindsight, we think we preferred this as a couple without children as we could sit on sunbeds overlooking the ever changing river scene through the glass panels with other sunbeds available facing the pool should you chose.

All rooms have a river view, which is outstanding. The view from the ladies in the Club Lounge, in my opinion, is the best ever!

If passing this way again, this is the hotel for us without doubt.

Room Tip: Without doubt opt for a Towers Club Lounge room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mandkPenzance
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The room was splendid--4 exceppent pillows apiece, 6 bottles of good water, and --most important--free good quality internet (in the lobby only, however). For a hotel of this calibre the breakfast was surprisingly disapointing--cold, stale bacon for example. But it was certainly ample and edible.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We love this hotel right on the river & on the right side i might add- fabulous food even Rick Stein rates this place as one of the best hes had Thai food in - The river at night the pool side bar & restaurant we absolutely love this place cant wait to go back

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jeff h
Claire D, Online Marketing Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear jeff h,

I was delighted to read your review and to learn you had such a pleasant stay you couldn’t wait to come back here! I must agree an evening swim and drinks overlooking the river are a great way to relax after a busy day. Please do let us know when your travels bring you back to Bangkok as we would be delighted to have you back as our guests.

All my best wishes,

Reviewed January 13, 2014

This hotel always delivers. The rooms are clean and luxurious. The views are stunning, and the staff is friendly and well qualified. Breakfast has some of everything, and is well worth taking your time.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.

Dear QatariTraveler,

Many thanks for your great review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your praises about our associates’ positive attitude. I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed here December 2012, and returned with another visit this December 2013. We stayed at the hotel for a few days and it was as good as I had remembered. Gorgeous rooms overlooking the river, yummy breakfast, Wifi was included in our room, the staff are very friendly - even the door man spent time trying to flag us down a taxi at 3am to the airport! I would strongly recommend this hotel if you want a beautiful location close to the sights, and it is roughly 30 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank OL88

Dear OL88,

We would like to thank you for your praises and great comments. It is great to know we were able to make your second stay as memorable as the first one and hope to see you again for a next visit, perhaps before the end of this year ?! Please do let us know if you need help with any travel or reservation plans if you return to Bangkok as we would be delighted to assist you.

Kind regards,