We stayed here for three nights in two adjoining rooms on a bed and breakfast basis.
The views over the river from our 24th floor room were fantastic and you could see far over the city.
The rooms were large, of good quality and the beds were very comfortable.
Breakfast was a help yourself buffet - but was very good with a range of fruit, continental, cooked european and cooked thai. It was busy but staff were attentive and helpful.
The staff and concierge service were friendly, helpful and retained a personal service despite the hotel being large.
We used both outdoor pool areas and the gym and thought these were very good too.
As a base for exploring Bangkok - the hotel was excellent - taxis were easily available, there was a river pier 2 minutes away which you could use to get up or down the river and tehre was also a complimentary hotel run boat every 30 mins to the nearest Skytrain station.
We ate in the thai restuarant in the hotel - the food was very good and the amibience was quite different and lovely too. It was more expensive than other local thai places as one would expect but not expensive compared to english prices.
We has two teenage children with us and they enjoyed the experience of the hotel and felt very comfortable and safe.
I'd happily stay there again and would recommend it as a base for exploring Bangkok.
(The Loynava dinner river cruise starts very nearby and I'd definitiely recommend that too.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the legendary Chao Phraya River with exquisite views, we offer a pleasant combination of warm Thai hospitality and world-class service in a modern setting just minutes from Bangkok's business districts, entertainment, and attractions. Enjoy the refined style and modern comforts of a relaxing riverside hotel. Take time out at our two pools or book a spa treatment, discover exciting cuisine in our restaurants and bars, or experience memorable events in 22 unrivaled function rooms. All 726 of our spacious guest rooms and suites boast spectacular panoramic river views. Revel in the warm, calming, and contemporary ambiance of these well-appointed accommodations with a subtle Thai style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Starwood, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton Royal Orchid
- Sheraton Bangkok
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok
- Bangkok Sheraton