Stayed in this hotel frequently over the past 5 years and came back in Feb. 2013 as a Lifetime Platinum member - but what I saw was really disappointing.
Starting with an inefficient checkin from a totally nervous guy - after waiting 15 minutes on their elite-line... not speaking or explaining about internet connection, breakfast options, etc. - also no information about laundry service included (but not for SPG-Platinum members - only for Tower guests - as they explained during checkout - they count more than SPG Platinum guests!)
Room was dirty - old hairs of the former users were still everywhere - especially in the bathroom, mirror still completely used in the living room, the suite was very musty, incl. bedsheets - especially after the information that everything was change to new interior months ago.
The club-lounge is crowded and the same old interior - the Assistant Front Office Manager told later that they want to change items in the next months... - but it looks really dirty and uncleaned
Unfortunately the hotel is used by a lot of travel groups just for one night - also a high frequency of guests from Russia - less young people or young couples.
Pool cleanliness was o.k. - but below average of a Sheraton Hotel.
Service on breakfast was not available - other people left the breakfast after a drink, because communication was not possible.
It was hard to realize that one of my favorit hotels in Bangkok and always a must stop for a few days got down so extremely.
Unfortunately I will have to give this hotel a huge break and might try it again in two to three years again.
Additional fees for minibar, spa or dinner are very high (especially regular soft drinks are more expensive than in an St. Regis Bangkok hotel, etc.!!)
When sawing the downgrade from SPG-Cat 3 to Cat 2 - I was wondering why - poorly I found the answer on my last stay... currently for me also 3k Starpoints is too much...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the legendary Chao Phraya River with exquisite views, we offer a pleasant combination of warm Thai hospitality and world-class service in a modern setting just minutes from Bangkok's business districts, entertainment, and attractions.Enjoy the refined style and modern comforts of a relaxing riverside hotel. Take time out at our two pools or book a spa treatment, discover exciting cuisine in our six restaurants and bars, or experience memorable events in 22 unrivaled function rooms.All 726 of our spacious guest rooms and suites boast spectacular panoramic river views. Revel in the warm, calming, and contemporary ambiance of these well-appointed accommodations, featuring subtle Thai style and the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton Royal Orchid
- Sheraton Bangkok
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok
- Bangkok Sheraton