Overall things were fine although the rundown exterior and stale-looking lobby. Great staff and great service. They have a great view of the river and provide the free shuttle boat service from the hotel to the pier that connected to the sky train (Bangkok's subway). So I took the boat to get to the sky train in the morning and taxis at night. Taxi is relatively cheap but Bangkok traffic is very very bad especially during the rush hours. It's much faster to travel by the sky train or MRT (another form of Bangkok's subway, this one is actually running underground). The Shangri-La has a better location which is right by the sky train.
The Royal Orchid Sheraton has two pools, the old one in the garden (nice ambience if you're not looking to really swim, good for reading and relaxing) and the nice modern one overlooking the river.
A few things that I wasn't happy about this place was the swimming lessons provided by the hotel. I was on a business trip so hoping to get a nice rest by the pool overlooking the river after the long day, unfortunately, the swimming lessons with the instructor shouting or kids screaming turned me off. I had to remind myself that I was staying at the 4-star hotel, not the public recreational spot. Failed to enjoy the pool, I proceeded to the sauna. The sauna located inside the locker room which again, looks pretty much rundown. The shower rooms were flooded, ran out of soap and towels (there was an empty shelf which supposed to be filled with clean towels). The wet and slippery floor was too dangerous. In the sauna chamber, I happened to step on a few nails...urrrgg. So my advice is to stay away from the sauna.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the legendary Chao Phraya River with exquisite views, we offer a pleasant combination of warm Thai hospitality and world-class service in a modern setting just minutes from Bangkok's business districts, entertainment, and attractions. Enjoy the refined style and modern comforts of a relaxing riverside hotel. Take time out at our two pools or book a spa treatment, discover exciting cuisine in our restaurants and bars, or experience memorable events in 22 unrivaled function rooms. All 726 of our spacious guest rooms and suites boast spectacular panoramic river views. Revel in the warm, calming, and contemporary ambiance of these well-appointed accommodations with a subtle Thai style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Splitty, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton Royal Orchid
- Sheraton Bangkok
- Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok
- Bangkok Sheraton