After the protests in Thailand, one would assume that hotel staff would try to ensure their guests have a pleasant stay since the decline in tourism and business. However, after travelling to Thailand frequently recently, due to work in the region, Thailand seems to be experiencing fatigue dealing with tourist and business travelers. In the end, a "5-star" doesn't really have an excuse not to treat guest with anything less than excellent service. The staff weren't rude but they weren't service oriented. The pool boy was too busy reading his magazine to bring us towels. The bathroom had no sockets for a hair dryer and much to my surprise the hairdryer was located in a drawer in the minibar, with a socket and a mirror above the minibar for fixing one's hair. On a positive note, they did have good food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Metropolitan Bangkok is a 169-room 5 star hotel defined by subtle, contemporary design and intuitive, polished service. The Met Bar, a stylish lounge-like bar, serves a comprehensive selection of martini cocktails. Nahm restaurant serves Thai cuisine from award-winning Australian chef David Thompson whilst 'glow' focuses on an nutritious COMO Shambhala Cuisine. Relaxation is available at COMO Shambhala Urban Escape, comprising Asian-inspired treatments, a gym, Yoga studio and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your COMO Metropolitan Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Metropolitan Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Metropolitan Hotel