Had a fantastic stay at the Met. Beautiful room; well appointed and modern. Good room accessories (stationery, toiletries, etc).
Breakfast is great; continental breakfast complemented with healthy eating options.
Door staff ensure that taxi drivers know where they have to take you.
Good conference facilities too - just remember (as in many Asian conference centres) to bring a sweater for the meeting room.
Met Bar has lost its cache, but not far to other hot spots.
Only problem I had - and I speak some Thai - is getting taxi drivers to understand that you want to go to the hotel. Well worth getting the hotel's address/location in Thai in advance of arrival. Metropolitan is difficult to say/understand in Thai!
Overall, really good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Metropolitan Bangkok is a 169-room 5 star hotel defined by subtle, contemporary design and intuitive, polished service. The Met Bar, a stylish lounge-like bar, serves a comprehensive selection of martini cocktails. Nahm restaurant serves Thai cuisine from award-winning Australian chef David Thompson whilst 'glow' focuses on an nutritious COMO Shambhala Cuisine. Relaxation is available at COMO Shambhala Urban Escape, comprising Asian-inspired treatments, a gym, Yoga studio and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your COMO Metropolitan Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Metropolitan Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Metropolitan Hotel